General Long live the offload. The wicked ‘process’ is dead!

I think we need to cut out that high risk mumbo jumbo
Just concentrate on ball security an retention.
Also a bit to much normal passing going on as well .
I think the NRL is a bit to blame for this with the awarding of two points for whichever team scores the most .It's creating a toxic an competitive
Environment out there .Which is hindering us working on our retention stats .Which have been slipping ..

It's almost like forcing the Melbourne system / play style on the group didn't work in the slightest aside from 10 games in 2018. I could barely stand to watch the Warriors outside of that small winning window under Kearney. Not just because of the losses, but we just were not fun to watch at all. Even the wins were these horrendous grinding affairs where it was seemingly a miracle for us to hit 24pts.

It's almost like forcing the Melbourne system / play style on the group didn't work in the slightest aside from 10 games in 2018. I could barely stand to watch the Warriors outside of that small winning window under Kearney. Not just because of the losses, but we just were not fun to watch at all. Even the wins were these horrendous grinding affairs where it was seemingly a miracle for us to hit 24pts.

Even Bellamy spoke about how not all errors are created equal: he was saying that some errors are the result of chancing your hand in attack and are worth it - they are just part and parcel of attacking.

Even Bellamy spoke about how not all errors are created equal: he was saying that some errors are the result of chancing your hand in attack and are worth it - they are just part and parcel of attacking.

That's why Bellamy is one of the greatest coaches of all time regardless of the cap issues earlier in his career. The guy just knows how to be fluid in order to get the best out of not only the rule interpretations, but his players.

Imagine if our dumbass management hadn't been so impatient and had been willing to let him finish his contract in Melbourne instead of demanding he come here asap all those years ago ... 😓

Always reckoned it's not the error itself that's the issue, it's the advantage the opposition get that hurts.

Like, a dropped ball that just leads to the opposition getting the ball from pretty much the same spot I'm okay with. But a wayward pass that gets intercepted - and you could see the intercept coming - and there's no defenders to chase the Interceptor, that pisses me off.

Did you not enjoy watching Chanel Harris-Tavita dump it back on the inside 87 times a game?

Bellamy is correct, but there is even more to it, as I am sure he knows but is not saying out loud. He is probably aware that there is a problem in their definition. If errors are defined only as those sets that you don't complete, a coach is ignoring many other correctable errors: mistakes, lapses, missteps, miscalculations, transgressions, miscues and ... what's the technical term? ... brain explosions, that can undo a team. True errors can be of commission (a knock-on) or of omission (a failure to pass). Errors can be physical (dropped ball) or mental (misreading the opponent's intensions) or emotional (Jazz, looking at you, mate). And if that's not enough, an error can even have a highly positive outcome, such as when a misdirected pass is retrieved and, lo and behold, a huge gap opens up because the other team thought they would get it and lost their defensive shape. If they don't already, coaches need to better understand that errors come in a variety of disguises, but that they come more often when players are physically fatigued, or just mentally fatigued from having to make too many decisions. Errors are far more complicated than Bellamy is letting on.

In stark terms an error is an error. However, I believe those errors can be defined as positive and negative. It is common for players to err when trying too hard, there are many situations that can be envisaged when these happen. The negative one are usually down to selfishness, carelessness and lack of concentration.

Its always fun to sit on the sideline and criticise other plans and i dont know what his whole process was but i do still think that as a team we will win some great games with that style of football but lose alot more through our poor defence, poor options and ill discipline.

Kearney was trying to build up from the basics cos lets be honest half the team are shit house at that. Build up from basics and when that is solid through in the razzle dazzle ad-lib amazing attacking plays. Unfortunately he didnt bank on having players take twenty times longer to get it into their heads and that once he had taught the second thing the first thing was gone. We won those boring games through doing basics right. If players had bought it and actually learnt and improved enough then i believe he would have added and built and they would be a good team. That to me is what needs to happen.

I like Payten but im really interested to see how he goes with the Cows before i judge him as a coach. In a nothing to lose, we are so far behind, we are away from our families lets at least have some fun throw it all out there and see situation they guys have had some good games and won. I still dont think that kind of mentality will get them to a grand final and definitely not win one.

I always look at Canberra. Yeah they haven't won one yet (robbed of one) but sticky went good then shit and now he has built it back up cos the owner let him keep going. Took five or more years. We need a coach that can look toward 2025-2030 and plan and build and set the processes and structures. Id be happy to wait till 2025 to have five years or more of top of the table runs with a prem or two.

Just my two uneducated cents

Kearney was trying to build up from the basics cos lets be honest half the team are shit house at that. Build up from basics and when that is solid through in the razzle dazzle ad-lib amazing attacking plays. Unfortunately he didnt bank on having players take twenty times longer to get it into their heads and that once he had taught the second thing the first thing was gone. We won those boring games through doing basics right. If players had bought it and actually learnt and improved enough then i believe he would have added and built and they would be a good team. That to me is what needs to happen.

That was the biggest issue with Kearney in a nutshell though. Once he'd decided on an approach there were no plan B, no going back. If you didn't find yourself earmarked as one of his favourites and you irritated him, you were banished forever like AK. That was a problem with his gameplan too - while it's a great idea in theory to focus on fundamentals, he didn't account for focusing on what players were actually already good at. It didn't matter if you had a Sonny Bill tier offload, if Kearney decreed no offloads, you became a tacklebot. He was just a really stubborn coach and it was frustrating.