General Likiliki

Patu_old

As I said before, the Warriors have trumpeted there new recruitment policy but I really don't see how signings like Likiliki or Steve Raps fit in with this policy.
The policy is promoting from within our junior ranks, and theoretically, Likiliki and Stevie we're part of those ranks, not that I agree with either of those signings though.

Iafeta_old

Not a big fan TBH. That said, I can imagine harder tasks than to make Suiatonga Likiliki into a good first grader. There's no doubt his physicality, its his defence that he needs to tidy up.

Tyrael_old

It's amazing how one year at another club in FG has let us see whether he was good enough or not.

Probably one of the smarter choices letting him go. Ackland has a good eye for skill and he probably saw right through it. Coming back, he better be el cheapo, because he will just play NSW

Northern_Union

Whats Hurrel offer that Likiliki doesn't? They seem similar sorts of players right down to the same faults.

Iafeta_old

Hurrell seems to me to be quicker and is a bit more explosive on a direct run. He seems to rely a little less on the shrug off/fend move of Likiliki and seems to just burst through blokes. He seems to have a slightly better workrate.

The point is valid though, they're both players built on physicality than guile. Konrad is at least a year off first grade IMO.

2big2strong_old

I actually watched one of Tongas NSW cup games a few weeks ago for the Centurions and he was devastating. The only problem was that he went missing for large parts of the game so he still doesn't have a well rounded game by any means but one of the runs he went on up the sideline was Beast like, he must of broke 8 or 9 tackles on an 80 meter run before he was contained.

aussie_warrior_old

Whats Hurrel offer that Likiliki doesn't? They seem similar sorts of players right down to the same faults.

X2

I don't get it, Likiliki was carving it up in the NYC and didn't cut it first year out in the NRL, then people are screaming about Hurrell who has done less ??!?!?! Seriously, I don't see the difference, maybe it's the pain killers + alcohol talking, but I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Hurrell > Likiliki bandwagon so quick.

At the end of the day it's a cost-benefit analysis, if he's worth the cash and we have it spare then it's all good. If Twitter is correct, this is all a waste of time.

PS. I would have rather kept Moon.

The 22 BEAST_old

I always rated Likiliki and im happy to have him back.

Edit, Didnt read all previous posts. My bad. Guess he aint back then. Wheres Rusty then?

Last edited by a moderator:

martian44_old

I talked to him on Facebook last week and he assured me he's staying at Newcastle. Bennett is keen to use him/give him a real chance in the centres next year.

a.c.e_old

SiuatongaLiks Siuatonga Likiliki
To everyone hitting me up about going to back to warriors next year - it's not true!
49 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/#!/SiuatongaLiks

Too funny. Cleary all so said that he wasnt going anywhere. Tahu said he wasnt going to union and then while playing union said there was no way he was going back to league. Petro said he was gonna be a Panther 4 life, life in Panther land is exactly 8 days.

sebastian_old

Too funny. Cleary all so said that he wasnt going anywhere. Tahu said he wasnt going to union and then while playing union said there was no way he was going back to league. Petro said he was gonna be a Panther 4 life, life in Panther land is exactly 8 days.

Haha. That was a strange one.

Spence_old

I think the main difference is Hurrell looks like he's prepared to learn and put in the hard yards.

JonB_old

Hurrell look like a beast, a man amongst boys, I reckon he will dominate in the NRL.

But I never saw Lilikili play so they could be the exact same prospect...

fitzy_old

This all a bit new. I remember last year everyone was talking him up big time. I never liked him. As someone else said on another thread some place (very vague, I know), he looked good against boys, but couldn't cut it against veterans who were the same size as him.

Fazz_old

I think the main difference is Hurrell looks like he's prepared to learn and put in the hard yards.

Also has a much better passing (not offloading, but actual passing) game. Likiliki had a sick offload but only because he never really passed the ball before then. I think the difference between the two is that Hurrell has more finesse, Likiliki was 100% brute force while Hurrell is maybe 75% brute, 25% finesse.

fitzy_old

I think the difference between the two is that Hurrell has more finesse, Likiliki was 100% brute force while Hurrell is maybe 75% brute, 25% finesse.

I'd take that any day over brute force and strength. Finesse requires a bit of intelligence. Brute force just requires the ability to knuckle drag. Manu's game has really taken off since he worked the same thing out