General Let's be honest

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yep he did slightly a the start of his run and then he slowed, his intention was to get in the way of the guy coming through. It was subtle but he did it. Not many players would have gotten a card for it though.

Last edited:
Reaction score

PhilsySH35

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
From what I saw Blair ran towards where the ball was and then slowed down, maybe he did change his line minutely, I don't know, but a sin binning? maybe a penalty. Anyway we know the Aussies are so focused on winning at any cost, they'll do anything, this is just further proof of that, so we will be the underdog when playing any team in the comp. Look what they do in the cricket!!! We have to get over it and play as if we're the AB's playing in South Africa back in the 60's, 70's and 80's when Apartheid was legal. We have to play with a siegh mentality.

Reaction score

PullinTeeth

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
What Blair did was, run towards the ball without any intention of going for it and then stop when he got in the line of a player going for the ball should had no chance of getting it.
My problem is, how many times do you see this when a player puts an attacking bomb up, the defenders run towards the ball with no intention of going for it and stop when they get in the way of an attacking and obstruct the from getting a play on it. These players only get penalised when they stop and then take a step right or left to obstruct an attacking player, and they never get sinbinned.
Blair didn't change his line, he just stopped, like you see 10 times a game, and surprise surprise, a warriors player is the only one to get sinbinned.

Reaction score
adalu239

adalu239

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Blair didn’t change his line, but what he did do wrong was slow down. If he was legitimately making an effort to run towards the ball he wouldn’t slow down.. I think that was his downfall.

The frustration comes also in the fact that the ball was already dead essentially by the time Adam stopped the attacker. The kick was terrible and would’ve never resulted in a try. It’s a penalty at best.

However, we’d been slowing the ruck down extremely effectively the entire game. We’d also given away numerous penalties in our red zone. I think Adam just copped the accumulation of the previous 60 or so mins team penalties and as a result, and thus was sent off

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
He did alter his running line, slowing slightly. Is that a sin bin offence???

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
In my opinion it was definitely a penalty. A sending off probably not.
He did slightly change his line and nearly completely stopped. It was very clear to me that he intended to impede the Manly player.
There was no point in doing that. The Manly player was not going to get the ball. We were winning 18 nil and that nearly cost us the game.

The thing is we know some of the refs are looking for a reason to penalize us. Don't give them any ammunition.

Blair is also known to be a grub. Hence if he does anything even remotely wrong we are going to pay for it. Just another of the many many downsides to having Blair in the side.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why did he slow down at all though? He was so far ahead he should have just contested for the ball. Still don't understand how that's on par with throwing a punch. If anyone saw the bulldogs game two blokes got sent off for tackling too hard. Seriously.

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why did he slow down at all though? He was so far ahead he should have just contested for the ball. Still don't understand how that's on par with throwing a punch. If anyone saw the bulldogs game two blokes got sent off for tackling too hard. Seriously.
Agree with you regarding Blair.

However, I actually like the new sending off rule. It should not just be used for a punch. It you deliberately commit foul play you should be sent off for 10 minutes.

As long as it is consistent I don't mind. The thing is that it is not consistent. That's the problem.

Reaction score
france

france

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Blair changed his line....
yep..maybe so..but a sinbin ? he was'nt going to get anywhere near the ball...hell cherry-evans had more of a chance & he missed lol

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I got around to watching the game. I think we were unlucky, but anybody expecting another apology is going to be very disappointed.

1. Blair is a fucking deadshit - He's got a mountain of priors, so he doesn't get any sort of benefit of the doubt. If CHT had done the same thing, he may have gotten off with the stern warning. Blair has robbed himself of that luxury, just as Josh McGuire has done so with ANY facial contact.

2. Context - We had just given away two penalties. I'm not going to get into whether they were 50/50s, we just need to recognise that three penalties on / near a teams line is treading a fine line. Some teams might get away with giving away cynical penalties. We will not. This is not a new thing and we need to play accordingly. Additionally, Blair taking somebody out, even subtly right after those penalties is always going to be a strong chance of a sin bin.

Were we unlucky that he was sent off? Probably. Am I more pissed off at Adam Blair for being a useless cunt than the referees for being useless cunts? Absolutely. The fact of the matter is that Blair is a huge detriment to the team at this point. If he's not contributing fuck all across the board, he's contributing slightly less than fuck all AND being penalised to death or making shit errors as a result. If we could somehow medically retire him, that would be just beautiful.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that Blair is a huge detriment to the team at this point.
I think everybody agrees with that bro.:D

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why? The rule states that the player obstructed must have been able to score. There is no way he could have scored, he had even slowed down. :rolleyes:
I have watched it about 10 times and we can not say for sure he would not have scored. He was exactly level with Cherry-Evans when he was obstructed and Cherry-Evans nearly scored. I 100% think it was a penalty. But probably not a sin bin.
Did the Manly player milk it. Sure. But he was still obstructed and may possibly have scored.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
1.He stopped in the line which he is entitled to do. He knew it would probably block a player but you don’t have to get out of the way of an attacking player and can hold your ground.
2. The attacking player wasn’t realistically in a try scoring position.
Could have copped a (harsh) penalty but didn’t think it was worth a card

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The rules are clear, he had to have been able to score...not might have.
That's open to interpretation though. As shown on this forum. Some of us agree and some don't.

Some refs would say he could have scored if not obstructed. Some wouldn't.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's open to interpretation though. As shown on this forum. Some of us agree and some don't.

Some refs would say he could have scored if not obstructed. Some wouldn't.
Yeah it’s generally looked at as “opportunity to score” but I don’t think he was a realistic chance in this case

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think guys here are getting confused with the penalty try rules. As Matiunz has stated, he was denied the opportunity to reach the ball, in a similar way as we see a dozen or more times in a game. And yes, Blair is entitled to 'give up' and stop chasing a ball he is not going to reach. All players try to subtlely interfere with runners coming through, I'm sure all are coached to. This gamemanship has become an accepted part of the NRL, you can't penalise it 1/20 times, and sin bin it only when a try is being checked.

Is it something I'd like to see out of our game? Yes, it has banished the spectacle of the chip and chase and prevented the Fusitu'as of the world contesting in the air . But in this case it just continues to pile on the examples of inconsistent rulings that are blighting this game.

Top Bottom