ArtySubs

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
He's a decent signing but I don't think Ah Mau changes the look of our forward pack much.

He's not really the sort of genuine "big bopper" that has terrorised our pack in recent times. He's more similar to the Paasi body type. He might be 110kg plus but he's on the shorter side and not exactly chiselled muscle.

Irrespective of what the height/weight stats say, our forwards tend to be either tall-ish but not exactly huge (Blair, Gavet) or nuggety (Afoa, Paasi, Ah Mau).

Maybe I'm just idealising the "Burgess physique" but I'd love a proper big unit in the 6'4"-6'5" height range and circa 120kg.

Vete and Satae are the closest we have/had but they are still not quite in the "absolute unit" category.
Don’t forget Tof Sipley where’s he.......

Herbie Hind

Warriors Bench Player
May 19, 2013
Watched Ah Mau closely in the SGI game last night. This guy is going to be a very handy pick-up for us. Better than reliable in everything he does - tackling, running with the ball, work-rate. Not a superstar, but a top-level NRL prop who puts in a solid performance every week. Really glad we have him coming here.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Watched Ah Mau closely in the SGI game last night. This guy is going to be a very handy pick-up for us. Better than reliable in everything he does - tackling, running with the ball, work-rate. Not a superstar, but a top-level NRL prop who puts in a solid performance every week. Really glad we have him coming here.

Exactly what you want imo. At full strength, we have quite a few gamebreakers - what we lack are 'top-level workmen' as you might term Ah Mau, Green and in his prime, Simon Mannering. Just guys with very little space between a good game and a bad game. I think Papa will develop into one of those players too.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah when we play them I always worry when he comes off the bench for STI.

Lillyman at his best was a similar type of ' bankable insurance' when he played.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
Ah Mau is a bit different than Jake. Has good offloading skills and can break tackles. Can get a real roll in for you quickly. I think he’s an outstanding but for us. Would love to see Bully stay and play behind him.

Reactions: Sup42

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
Apart from how many running metres and tackles he racks up, here's what I like:

He's only missed 1 game, got to love durability in a player.

His missed tackles are very low, with only 6 in total from 21 games played.
When you compare that to our current forwards he is very much an outlier.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
We’ll be pretty stacked next year if Ah Mau keeps this up and the rest of the squad stay healthy.

Also add a Corvo preseason to Ah Mau... his post contact metres were already something like 60 last night. Add to that he’s started to implement JT13 footwork this season, 2019 could be a cracker for him.

I used to think we needed a Napa type enforcer, but I reckon that style of play is not what this team is about. Going to be a good pack.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Ah Mau with a 9/10 rating for the other elimination final. Hopefully him coupled with a fit again Pulu gives us a bit more grunt next year

10. Leeson Ah Mau: A powerhouse effort to nullify Brisbane's much-vaunted pack. Set the tone with a superb first stint and grabbed his second try for the season in the 28th minute. Finished with 147m from 14 hit ups and 27 tackles. 9

WarriorBall

Was just checking his stats for the Dragons this season and there was one there that stood out head and shoulders above the rest, tackles made 570, missed tackles 6. That’s not a typo, 6 missed tackles for the entire season!

He’s only missed 2 tackles since the Dragons played the Warriors in April, that’s 5 months of football which is pretty bloody remarkable.

But he ain’t no tackle bot neither, his post contact and run meters are impressive as well given he’s played short minutes off the bench for a large chunk of the season.

Hopefully the huge hole Mannering leaves in the middle of the park will be Leeson-ed .... see what I did there ............ I’ll show myself out.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings