AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I think Beale will start this week.
The whole Kara can't pass thing is a myth. Our only try on Friday came from a Kata pass.
Gavet needs to run into the ball.
Au Mau is a great bench player. Will he be as good starting is my only concern.

Well if Kata can pass he needs to a lot more from now on because his pass rate to Ken when Ken was in no danger of being bundled has been VERY low.

Beale better .... start or Ill be on the sack Fraudney bandwagon.

Thats my problem, Ah Mau is a "good" bench player. I just dont see the need for him, and I think if we going forwards we need to stick with 80 minute forwards not the old school big boppa sorts. More Papali'i, Harris, Mannering, James Graham types.

• Haha
Reactions: Llamedos

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
Well if Kata can pass he needs to a lot more from now on because his pass rate to Ken when Ken was in no danger of being bundled has been VERY low.

Beale better .... start or Ill be on the sack Fraudney bandwagon.

Thats my problem, Ah Mau is a "good" bench player. I just dont see the need for him, and I think if we going forwards we need to stick with 80 minute forwards not the old school big boppa sorts. More Papali'i, Harris, Mannering, James Graham types.

You have named 3 second rowers and one prop.

Why do we need a pack of eighty minute forwards?

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Some tough calls to be made soon by the Warriors.
Some random thoughts ...
Will Mannering and Luke be here next year?
Are the likes of Sipley, Lisone, Cherrington and Vete needed? If not who would you punt?
Will Vete go to rugby?
Will the Warriors tie up Ken and Jazz and if so how much extra will it cost?
Would the club let Lino go if he got a first grade gig elsewhere?
Will they keep Gelling?
Will Roache return and be back to his best?

A few questions answered ..
Its moving along .Vete though surely we could've made it work.?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Really hope he hasn't signed on marquee money. He's handy no doubt but shouldn't be commanding big coin. He was never selected to play Kiwis under Kearneys watch so there is no player favourites in that regard. He was lucky to get a spot in Denver after the MMT defections. He'll be 29 by the time he starts preseason here and 32 by the time his contract is up. Hope we get the best out of him...

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Ah Mau for Vete .Good trade .
I hope he goes good at the storm ..Then comes back
But I'm excited
Leeson should go a bit of the way to fixing what happens when Paasi an
Gavet come off .It would be good if we could get some positive impact from
Our bench .Ah Mau an Bunty might up our meters if that's our bench even Gavet
He does his best coming off the bench ..If we do sign another quality prop one of
These boys will be missing out..Our front row is inexperienced an its catching up .
So Ah Mau will be our number 1 prop .experience wise then Paasi ,Gavet ,Bunty .
We got quality but inexperienced quality..

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Really hope he hasn't signed on marquee money. He's handy no doubt but shouldn't be commanding big coin. He was never selected to play Kiwis under Kearneys watch so there is no player favourites in that regard. He was lucky to get a spot in Denver after the MMT defections. He'll be 29 by the time he starts preseason here and 32 by the time his contract is up. Hope we get the best out of him...
I'm pretty sure he was signed on similar money to what the dragons where offering but the lure of returning to NZ weighed heavily in the decision.
He us kind of what we need, a moter in the forward department.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
I dunno why but he's shorter than Satae who looks small to average most weeks but on screen Leeson looks monstrous.

Is it just my hillbilly cleetus crossed eyes or what?

Help me stats gurus.

ArtySubs

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
None of our props including Ah Mau would be a build a team around type of prop at any of the clubs who are contender type clubs:
Storm- Bromwich NAS
Rabbits- Burgess’s
Penrith- Campbell-Gillard Merrin Tamou
Easts- Napa
Sharks- Fifita Woods Gallen
Dragons- Graham Vaughan
Broncos- Lodge Pangai Jnr
We’ve got 4+ 3-4th string bench props Ah Mau included.
Until we buy 1-2 big 1st string beast props we’re going to get continually smashed by the top teams.

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2017

Should get more than the other props on our books. He will be our no1 prop by far, Not even a close 2nd with our guys.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Manu Vatuvei

Waterboy
Jun 21, 2012
He's a decent signing but I don't think Ah Mau changes the look of our forward pack much.

He's not really the sort of genuine "big bopper" that has terrorised our pack in recent times. He's more similar to the Paasi body type. He might be 110kg plus but he's on the shorter side and not exactly chiselled muscle.

Irrespective of what the height/weight stats say, our forwards tend to be either tall-ish but not exactly huge (Blair, Gavet) or nuggety (Afoa, Paasi, Ah Mau).

Maybe I'm just idealising the "Burgess physique" but I'd love a proper big unit in the 6'4"-6'5" height range and circa 120kg.

Vete and Satae are the closest we have/had but they are still not quite in the "absolute unit" category.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Size means nothing if you don't have the attitude to back it up though, look at Dave Taylor.

I think he is a great signing. Makes about a third of his metres post contact and a very good defender. If you think of the Sharks game (hoping the Panthers game was a result of fatigue and injuries) imagine injecting him and Bunty after 20 minutes, along with Pulu fit again.

Like most people have mentioned on here it’s the use of the bench that worries me the most and hopefully the more quality forwards we have allows us to spread that time more evenly. I can’t understand why we went away from that after the success it brought in the first few rounds

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings