playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Some tough calls to be made soon by the Warriors.
Some random thoughts ...
Will Mannering and Luke be here next year?
Are the likes of Sipley, Lisone, Cherrington and Vete needed? If not who would you punt?
Will Vete go to rugby?
Will the Warriors tie up Ken and Jazz and if so how much extra will it cost?
Would the club let Lino go if he got a first grade gig elsewhere?
Will they keep Gelling?
Will Roache return and be back to his best?

Reactions: Defence and Aman

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015
Great signing! Has been awesome for the Drags and a real grunty prop for the engine room. I like the way SK (and Smith) are forming this team.

My random thoughts to reply to your random thoughts ptb...
I have a feeling Manners will call it a day, but I would love to see him here for one more swansong year (on reduced minutes). Luke will likely get an extension but the question will be how long. I would only hope one more year and develop Roache to kick on after him.
Lisone, Cherrington and Vete to be punted, but Lisone may dig his heels in as he is contracted until the end of next year following his extention. Could see Vete going to union.
Will tie up Ken for sure on likely more $. Jazz i am not so sure about but obviously seems to be an SK fav.
I am sure if Lino got an offer for next year they would be pressured into letting him go.
Gelling not to be kept beyond this year.
Roached to return and really kick on.

Again no basis to any of that! ha. Just my own two cents. Good questions to be pondering though.

Reactions: Worried2Death

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'd love to see Ah Mau in the Warriors pack tonight vs Souths. Their big forwards could steam roll our boys!

Check this out!

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Alot of disappointed dragons fans in thier forum. Not one had a bad word to say about him and quite frustrated the dragons didn’t match or better the offer. Looks like we got ourselves a good one at decent coin! We haven’t even shat the bed this year and I’m already looking forward to next season

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Great signing! Has been awesome for the Drags and a real grunty prop for the engine room. I like the way SK (and Smith) are forming this team.

My random thoughts to reply to your random thoughts ptb...
I have a feeling Manners will call it a day, but I would love to see him here for one more swansong year (on reduced minutes). Luke will likely get an extension but the question will be how long. I would only hope one more year and develop Roache to kick on after him.
Lisone, Cherrington and Vete to be punted, but Lisone may dig his heels in as he is contracted until the end of next year following his extention. Could see Vete going to union.
Will tie up Ken for sure on likely more $. Jazz i am not so sure about but obviously seems to be an SK fav.
I am sure if Lino got an offer for next year they would be pressured into letting him go.
Gelling not to be kept beyond this year.
Roached to return and really kick on.

Again no basis to any of that! ha. Just my own two cents. Good questions to be pondering though.

Can’t imagine a side that would give Lino a FG spot considering you have the likes of Brodie Croft, Brock Lamb, Kane Elgey etc not playing. His best bet is to stick with the Warriors and keep getting exposure

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Alot of disappointed dragons fans in thier forum. Not one had a bad word to say about him and quite frustrated the dragons didn’t match or better the offer. Looks like we got ourselves a good one at decent coin! We haven’t even shat the bed this year and I’m already looking forward to next season

Yep. Seeing a lot of that on Reddit too. Always a good sign when the fanbase of the current club is upset to see a player go. I don't expect him to be best prop in the comp, but if he matches his Dragons form - which dates back a few years, I'll be very happy.

I don't think we'll see too many big signings this year, so if this is all we get, I won't be too hurt. Pulu will almost be a fresh signing too, considering he's missing most of 2018

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Long time fan. He's an awesome signing- a definite in the 17.
Good enough to start but just as effective off the bench.
I've lost patience with lisone and vete- let them go and hopefully they come back as better players one day too.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Why would it be one year too long? Hee's only 28, age isn't an issue.
It's about right I think. Good timing. Good to see players happy to come here now. Onfield performance influences these decisions too.

ArtySubs

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
Get one of those cheating Aussie salary cap teams props Tapau/Klemmer/

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A good signing. He has developed well since he left.

Hopefully another signing or two to compliment this one and plug some holes in the squad.

wrighty

He would have made a hell of a difference, especially with an Shaun Johnson or Lino playing to take advantage of his go forward, but I agree that he cannot do it alone, we still need another big metre eater, which Blair sure is not.

I agree one more prop would be good, for injury depth if nothing else.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Had to laugh at the Game day thread when posters started criticising this players worth.

Jesus wept. Get some perspective people.....fark he isn't even playing for us till next year...how the bloody hell would you know ?

Reactions: Off The Bench

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Nothing official yet guys...
That is what I was thinking as the last article was "It looks like the Warriors have signed.....". Even on the game last night the commentators (Aussie commentators on the Dragons game) were talking about him signing for the Warriors.

The way rumours work in the NRL it will likely happen but still need to wait for the signing club to announce it to know it's all official.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings