General Latimore, Ta'ai, Seymour retained for 2011

Iafeta_old

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3781421/Warriors-prop-Latimore-the-real-deal

The Warriors' decision to give prop Jeremy Latimore another season means Logan Swann can breathe easy: he remains the only former NRL-playing real estate agent in town.

The former Junior Kangaroos prop, who plays his eighth game for the Warriors from the bench against the Dragons today, can keep his real estate licence locked away for another 12 months after learning the club will take up a one-year option. The Warriors have also told Brett Seymour and Ukuma Ta'ai they will be exercising the same clauses in their deals.

"I think I'm staying, so that's good," said Latimore, signed from Parramatta this year. "I am still waiting to hear [officially], but hopefully I am, I want to stay."

Latimore and his mentor, Eels prop Nathan Cayless, worked one day a week last year at a Sydney estate agency, cold-calling for property listings, and he intends to consult Swann, now an agent for Ray White, for career tips. But there's no hurry now, and Latimore hopes that securing a third season in the NRL has given him long-term prospects. "It's up to me, but the average career is 44 games and I don't want to be less than that."

Latimore made a significant initial impression at the Warriors. He arrived pre-season still match-fit from the Eels' run to the grand final and was first home when trainer Craig Walker demanded the players complete four laps of the main field at Mt Smart inside five minutes. Louis Brown may have overtaken him since, but the 190cm, 108kg Latimore remains mobile for a frontrower.

Despite sitting down the queue for game time, Latimore has no quibble with the Warriors' pursuit of an immediate frontrow recruit after Sam Rapira's knee injury and Steve Price's enduring absence.

"You look at the amount of experience lost with Sam and Steve and you can't replace that, so I understand why there is that talk, but when I am there I will do the best job I can. I don't expect to come in and play 45-50 minutes, I am nowhere near that ability yet."

warriors4life_old

Unsure about Latimore, I think he could be a solid bench prop behind Rapira and Packer/unnamed signing but he hasn't offered a lot yet. Time will tell.

Great news about Ta'ai and Seymour though.

Northern_Union

Latimore could be a lot better if someone would give him a little coaching on body position. He runs far to up right.

Warrioraholic_old

Latimore could be a lot better if someone would give him a little coaching on body position. He runs far to up right.

Exactly, hes almost ashamed that he is that big and trys to make him self smaller. Hes a huge guy and should just dominate. Its all mental

Iafeta_old

I thought he was quite good today. Seemed to be rolling through the ruck nicely. He seems a low maintenance player that does some no frills work with minimal errors.

sebastian_old

Ta'ai has great potential, with some good performances I'm sure other clubs would've noticed, def wanted him re-signed. Seymour is the critical re-signing though as he is our best half, with no one else experienced on the horizon, he needs to be our leader until a young star is ready to step up. Latimore is an essential re-signing I guess, with our prop stocks low, he's worth having around.

Iafeta_old

Ta'ai is ridiculously talented. Can I just say I thought he got absolutely dudded on the forward pass call that led to Cooper's second try... the long cut out spiral to Vatuvei was a beauty. Yes, it definitely floated forward, but he passed it backwards and over a long period the ball due to its shape can float forward. As long as he's passed it in a backwards motion, it is play on. A couple of weeks ago, Ukuma also put Kevin Locke away with a beautiful cut out ball. It's great to see him add things onto his obvious power game.

In terms of how tough that call was, Vatuvei was away, I'm sure he was being rounded up but momentum would have been seriously on our side, and off the back of the call, Cooper scores. From that call, the Dragons had the ball for 5 minutes straight. That call was a real rim-job for us.

Magic Stick_old

Latimore must lead the NRL in meters get smacked back on attack....hopeless

The Warriors recruitment is a joke. we have the worst prop rotation in the NRL

Iafeta_old

He was going through the ruck quite well today. But then again, if he's not a State of Origin powerhouse he's a useless recruitment call.. right?

Magic Stick_old

He was going through the ruck quite well today. But then again, if he's not a State of Origin powerhouse he's a useless recruitment call.. right?

Prrfft whatever. he didnt do jack today like all the other times he has played.

Lego_Man_old

I would argue that a prop rotation of Price, Rapira, Package, and Latimore is one of the better prop rotations in the NRL.

The kid has potential and will develop under the wing of those guys + Ruben Wiki.

Magic Stick_old

I would argue that a prop rotation of Price, Rapira, Package, and Latimore is one of the better prop rotations in the NRL.

The kid has potential and will develop under the wing of those guys + Ruben Wiki.

Price hasnt played all year.... Rapira is the shining light

the rest of them your dreaming

All though i think Gavet could change that. watched him play 60mins for the Vulcans on saturday they have built his mins and fitness up nicley.he could bring a different dimension to our forward pack

Upu Poaching has potential

But lattimore and Royal have no business playing in the NRL

Northern_Union

Agreed on Royal. He offers nothing. Latamore i'd persist with however. Potential.

Fazz_old

We're missing Price, Rapira, Poaching and arguably Lillyman. That would put a dent in anyone frontrow stocks. Good news about Gavet too! If he's able to play bigger numbers we may see him as soon as next week. Did lousi even play today? I dont actually remember seeing him on the field.

This is all beside the point however since let us all remember...AKUMA TAI'AI IS MONEY!

Gundog_old

I actually like the look of Latimore, hes a good prospect, a different type of prop to what we have, fit with size, good hands, I think he will get bigger and just be that metre eating prop we are after over the next few years.
But yeah seems weird if you look at the recruitment of the Parra props, Cayless, Moimoi, Mannah and Poore compared to our guys...

Ukuma Ta'ai is the man, he will be the Ali Lauitiitii type player for us going forward, can't believe he has only been playing league for a few years.

We definitely need Seymour retained although Maloney has impressed me so much this season, he must be one of the bargain buys of the season, I just feel better when he is playing.

blain91_old

He needs more leg drive, he runs, hits the line and drops like a sack of spuds. pricey needs to teach him the hit and spin or something

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings