General Lance's disallowed try

Iafeta_old

Two words.

Paul Simpkins.

Biggest nuffy to ever referee. This is the same dude who sent Wade McKinnon off for a phantom knee to the head of Taniela Tuiaki.

That was far more of a try than Antonio Winterstein's.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

The video ref's retarded, we still won, that's it. Who gives a flying **** about that disallowed try

raypower_old

When they referred the Lance try I thought perhaps the Dummy half had obstructed the markers as there was a truck load of space that opened up. When it went to the grounding, I was kinda relieved as I thought it was a try for sure but, nope as we now know.

On the topic of ref's how bad was Shortall today? I was saying to my mate that they must've had a review at half time and said "Hey, we missed a couple of fwd passes, if it looks marginal we better call it in the second half." My main gripe apart from the forward passes was that Fitzgibbon had a field day drifting in the 10 and wasn't picked up for it all game.

KeepingTheFaith_old

It should've been a try. I hate the rule and hate the fact that those sort of tries are being given, but based on the rule and what we've seen, yes it was a try.

a.c.e_old

That was a try, no doubt and the game should have never went into over time because of it.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

And that try Pierce set up, was heaps forward. Another reason the game should not have gone into extratime

Fazz_old

I hate the new "interpretation" it just rewards mediocrity. Some consistancy would be nice though, I'd have no problem with it if we hadnt had Adam Cuthbertson score an even more dubious try against us in round 2 or if Winterstien hadn't scored off similar situations tbh

Spence_old

And that try Pierce set up, was heaps forward. Another reason the game should not have gone into extratime

Anasta, I think. It was good to see the linesman have a cheeky little smile at the East Stand crowd at one point. I forget that they are humans too.

Ryno_old

Okay I take it back just watched it again, if you take into account the simultaneous rule and games this round it should have been a try.

Personally though that simultaneous rule is stupid. They should try and make things black and white not all gray with shades of purple so you get contrasting decisions across the round.

Control of the ball, downward pressure, TRY.

Spence_old

Okay I take it back just watched it again, if you take into account the simultaneous rule and games this round it should have been a try.

Personally though that simultaneous rule is stupid. They should try and make things black and white not all gray with shades of purple so you get contrasting decisions across the round.

Simultaneous = No try.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

nah more like, Cross the line, TRY. Would make the game alot easier haha

Spence_old

Really? I stand corrected. Is there a place where they post all the new subtleties, so I don't embarress myself? Haha

BringBackRovelli_old

I think there needs to be continuous contact before the ball touches the ground. Simultaneous is no try. The difference this year is that control is not required, only contact.

Kid-Dynamite_old

All you want is consistency! But with this seperation rule it's hard to get!

However if the Winterstein one on Friday night was a try, then Hohaia's one should of been without a doubt!

They need to change the rule though. Controlled downward pressure is the only way IMO.

Kav_old

The rule is: The ball can separate from the hand but contact must be regained BEFORE the ball hits the ground. Therefore simultaneous contact means no try. In Lance's case, the video ref ruled it was simultaneous and I would agree. Lance gave himself up after the "try" was scored.

Kav