scree_old

My old flatmate used to call him "The Huntly Sh.thouse", he never rated the guy at fullback. I have used that nickname A LOT this year as I find it funny and unfortunately very fitting.

Northern_Union

Worst saying ever. Every player has an expiration date. Why isn't Ray Price still going strong?

It's a worthy saying and one that is offend used by top sports people searching for lost form. If you are suggesting it has no merit then you haven't spent any time what so ever around top sportsmen or woman.

Spence_old

I have spent a lot of time around professional sportsmen. For example I spent a bit of time with Clayton Friend in the summer, and he isn't going to strap on the boots and steer the Bears to NRL glory if they got admitted into the NRL. No matter who you are, you are going to have an expiration date. In every career there is a time that no matter how classy you are, you're not going to be able to perform at the top level anymore. Class may be permanent, but there comes a time where a players form needs to be top notch as well.

staceyjones4life_old

But that expiration date isn't anything to do with the mental aspect of the game. I guarantee you, if Cliff Lyons or Wally Lewis were still physically up to it, they'd STILL be running the game. Hohaia's going through a bad patch, and with Locke doing so well, he's our 3rd choice at fullback behind Fish. But he still has the potential for those fantastic moments of footy. He's a player with great vision, but he hasn't always had the ability to back that vision up.

The guy has served the Warriors fantastically for nearly ten years, he's the Kiwi fullback, was our POTY last year, (at fullback, as voted by us) and even though he hasn't been having a great season, we shouldn't just dismiss him as crap even if he's not. I agree, he had a shocker on Sunday, but he's one of those players that if you persist with, they will inevitably pay it back (point in case, Manu Vatuvei). He should be used as our 14 for the rest of the season imo.

Patu_old

Worst saying ever. Every player has an expiration date. Why isn't Ray Price still going strong?
I take the phrase to mean that a class player will always remain a class player, but obviously will reach a point in their career when it's time to hang the boots up.

Lockyer is still class at retirement, Wiki was too, as was Price. Their form dipped and ebbed during their playing career but they were still class.

PB_old

A testimonial luncheon is being held for Lance Hohaia on Wednesday the 31st of August. I've linked to the Auckland Rugby League promo for it below. If you have $150 in your budget then you'll get food, drink, and a night of people like Stacey Jones paying tribute to Lance. Tickets from the ARL head office.

00002616_Lance%20Jpeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AussieWarriorsFan_old

Here is my long-awaited tribute video for The Huntly Hurricane.

[YOUTUBE]pvqqyq-RS48[/YOUTUBE]

sebastian_old

Nice work. Classy as usual.

Just would like to see you posting around here again. The more characters, the better.

BigD_old

I like the tune AWF

Dunno where you scorced all the images from

A nice tribute to "Little Lany"

ToiletDuck_old

I didn't realise you were in Bellingen AWF, I'm not too far away...in Coffs atm.

Haha I too raised my eyebrows at 'Lany'...but good to know Kevin has used it.

Lego_Man_old

Haha I too raised my eyebrows at 'Lany'...but good to know Kevin has used it.

Haha i did too, given that i have someone who i call "Lany". And let's just say that's an image i dont want to crossover with the Toxic Gnome...