motu1_old

well i wouldn't have dropped inu and the other two should have played as well it's a crucial point in the season who gives a rats ares if they miss a medical for **** sake

cleary is a moron

Jesbass_old

well i wouldn't have dropped inu and the other two should have played as well it's a crucial point in the season who gives a rats ares if they miss a medical for **** sake

cleary is a moron

Like I said, that's only part of the story.

Also, selecting a player who breaches team protocol tells the entire squad that breaching team protocol is acceptable and won't cost you a place in the team - in the long term, it's highly detrimental to the team.

Patu_old

cleary is a moron
Like it or not the guys have to adhere to team protocols, ESPECIALLY when the team are struggling form-wise. It sets an example to the rest of the team in that if your attitude towards your work isn't right then you'll get dropped, and I have no problem with that.

Even if Inu wasn't dropped he still wouldn't have played fullback ahead of Lance. Lance was our only option there yesterday, which was unfortunate.

RRG_old

Like I said, that's only part of the story
IF you are suggesting their are other reasons why fish and locke were stood down then please elaborate.

Like it or not the guys have to adhere to team protocols, ESPECIALLY when the team are struggling form-wise. It sets an example to the rest of the team in that if your attitude towards your work isn't right then you'll get dropped, and I have no problem with that.

Yes but their are other forms of discipline that don't cost the club 2 competition points! Why not get them to wash cars for the week or fine them, or make fish read what people on these forums think of him as a winger!

I'm all for making sure protocols are adhered to but they should have been able to do so in a way that didn't hurt the club

facefacts_old

IF you are suggesting their are other reasons why fish and locke were stood down then please elaborate.

Yes but their are other forms of discipline that don't cost the club 2 competition points! Why not get them to wash cars for the week or fine them, or make fish read what people on these forums think of him as a winger!

I'm all for making sure protocols are adhered to but they should have been able to do so in a way that didn't hurt the club

But Cleary would miss out on yet another excuse for losing.

RRG_old

I think with Locke their we would have won. It is conjecture of course and we will never know but that is my guess.

As it stands the two comp points lost means we may miss the 8.... but don't worry about that the really important things like having a 100% attendance at our medical sessions has been sorted!

Patu_old

The club do enforce fines for breaching protocol as well. It's just at this time there was already a significant number of breaches by many players, and the Locke/Fish no-show just broke the camel's back.

Poor attitude and preparation can also cost you two points.

RRG_old

Well if they had found methods earlier in the year to punish players that didn't involve missing games,but still hurt the players then they may have stomped the slackness out and we wouldn't be in this situation. If breaches have been widespread then I totally blame the management, you don't let these things build untill you need to take drastic action like standing down players. you get on top of it early.

If what you are saying is true and players are being slack and breaching protocols all over the place then it sounds like we need some big changes in management and culture.

Jesbass_old

Yes, that's precisely what I'm, suggesting, but as I've also said elsewhere, I gave my word not to spread the story, and so I'll not say more - other than to approve of players being dropped.

Dropping players may have cost us 2 competition points. It's hard to say, of course, because it's pure speculation, but it's possible. But keeping them in may have neded up costing us more than 2 competition points in the long run.

I definitely think this was the right move by whoever made the decision.

JonB_old

you make a a really good point JB. The importance of team culture can not be understated and I think it is generally a greater factor in winning priemeirships than player x playing fullback. I want to see the Warriors become a winning team and have a crack at the 'ship, as we all do.

The frustrating the thing about this team is that so many of the factors that are required for this are almost at hand. We have a good bunch of forwards, all good defensively and can make meters we now have Feleti who is starting to hit his stride, we have some young guns in the backs who all get us excited, the flying Fish, super Locke and his royal excellence of being awesome forever Shaun Johnson.
Cleary at times makes us think that he is close to being the coac that we need as well. I guess unlike seasons past we do not have any glarring weakness in our team, structure or enviroment. However we are still a step behind the Storm, Dragons and Broncos and the like, I guess in the last few seasons the gap has closed between us and them and it is frustrating because those teams ae in reach and we have yet to take the step from here to there.

Jesbass_old

you make a a really good point JB. The importance of team culture can not be understated and I think it is generally a greater factor in winning priemeirships than player x playing fullback. I want to see the Warriors become a winning team and have a crack at the 'ship, as we all do.

The frustrating the thing about this team is that so many of the factors that are required for this are almost at hand. We have a good bunch of forwards, all good defensively and can make meters we now have Feleti who is starting to hit his stride, we have some young guns in the backs who all get us excited, the flying Fish, super Locke and his royal excellence of being awesome forever Shaun Johnson.
Cleary at times makes us think that he is close to being the coac that we need as well. I guess unlike seasons past we do not have any glarring weakness in our team, structure or enviroment. However we are still a step behind the Storm, Dragons and Broncos and the like, I guess in the last few seasons the gap has closed between us and them and it is frustrating because those teams ae in reach and we have yet to take the step from here to there.

Cheers, Jon.

Yeah, I think that's the hardest thing about season 2011. We're so close and yet so far. It's like we can reach and grasp the top teams, but not grip them.

I'm not sure what the solution is - although a mass change of some sort doesn't seem like it would be beneficial, as far as I'm concerned.

a.c.e_old

Lol, was there more to this sentence? ;)

yeah. I give you props for the inside info and for not revealing anymore. but dont you hate it when your left hanging? yet still wanting more? like a cliff hanger at end of your favourite show. what I really wanted to say was tha

Jesbass_old

yeah. I give you props for the inside info and for not revealing anymore. but dont you hate it when your left hanging? yet still wanting more? like a cliff hanger at end of your favourite show. what I really wanted to say was tha

TGOLD-1.jpg

Attachments

• asculpteze.com.au_prodimages_TGOLD_1.jpg
    asculpteze.com.au_prodimages_TGOLD_1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0

kiwi4life_old

Welcome to the forum mate. Always good to start off with a rant.

I think he was actually very good at fullback in his first two seasons there. His running game was very allusive, he made minimal errors and his defence was great. It's just been this season where he's let himself down, really. I don't think it's fair to say he's played abysmal for a long period of time, perhaps a month or two. He has been poor this year though.

Cheers mate I have to disagree with him being very good at fb tho he went through bit of a purple patch but always had big deficiencies in his game that were being covered up at the time but have now been well and truely exposed imo he was solid at best I remember when he got injured and Ropati played fb for a few weeks no conidience when Ropati played fb for those few weeks the Warriors went much better

When you're talking about 'long period', how long is long? He had a bad game today no doubt, and played bad for our first three matches before being dropped.

This entire season he has been woeful and I'm talking about every game hes played in he hasn't even been solid for a game or 2 just plain bad.

I don't like him playing a hooker either last time he played hooker he threw 4 forward passes out of dummy luckily only 1-2 got picked up that is unacceptable from a player with his experience. I would have had Inu fb if Locke and Fish were unavailable couldn't really do much worse that Hohaia.

jahc_old

Locke would have attacked that first dropped bomb in the air. He often knocks them on, but competing in the air is better than letting it bounce..

Jesbass_old

worst saying ever. Every player has an expiration date. Why isn't Ray Price still going strong?

The saying does have merit, but its scope is very limited and it seems more of a hand waving comment than anything else most of the time.

I for one don't subscribe to it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings