Player Lance Hohaia

romel_old

Lance Hohaia

Lance Hohaia 2005.jpg

id love to see the team unity they displayed last year with lance at the back. his ball playing skills and evasive running is what made us a dangerous team last year.

as u can see this year with WADE McKINNON back from injury the back line just cannot execute anything cohesively. i think his fitness and skills are lacking ever since he done his knee he is not the same and he is costing our team wins.

to me wade seems to be more of an individual player, and not a team player. hes a top runner with the ball in space, when he is in form. but really struggles in tight situations.

a full back needs to be a team player in order for the backline to shine.

i think the best place for wade would probably be the centers, or just not in the side till he finds his form again. he seems to be doing more harm then good.

id love to see lance back at fullback and see the back line show how dangerous it really is.

anyway id love to hear some feed back im just a frustrated fan who loves his team and hates seeing them lose when they have the potential to win the flag.

whatever happens id love to see lance get full game as he is a dangerous player when in form. bringing him on and off the bench will effect is form and his feeling of whatever game we are playing.

cheers

romel

Last edited by a moderator:

insulinboi_old

Next week we should have

6. Moon
7. Hohaia
14. Jones.

Stacey is not an 80 minute player anymore. I disagree with Wade. I thought he played well today.

Warrioraholic_old

Next week we should have

6. Moon
7. Hohaia
14. Jones.

Stacey is not an 80 minute player anymore. I disagree with Wade. I thought he played well today.
I would be happy with that team , how much worse could it get, Stacey has been subway Jones needs to be a man and walk away. No disrespect but he had a crack, it didnt work, let it go. As for the rest........ I think its our game plan or lack of thats letting us down. Just get to the kick game plan and bomb tha corner, what a joke.

romel_old

yep spot on there with stacey insulinboi i belive hes not fit enough and of course his age is not helping.

bringing stacey off the bench is a great idea. thats how he was shining when he made his comeback.

wade threw the ball forward 2 times in the first half no pressure simple over lap. costing us 2 tries.

but fair enough if u thought he played well. everyone is intitled to their own.

insulinboi_old

Although that would eliminate hohaias impact off the bench. Anybody think Heremaia/John/ Foran would be ready for the number 7 jersey?

BringBackRovelli_old

I agree McKinnon has lost his mojo, he`s got no pace, kick returns are non-threatening, looks to be struggling for energy and desire, doesn`t even talk anymore. I`d prefer Hohaia too.

DanKokoro_old

Next week we should have

6. Moon
7. Hohaia
14. Jones.

Dude Wade was terrible today.. Their fullback made a break off a terrible Jones grubber and he outpaced Wade completely. He's now one of the slowest if not THE slowest fullback in the NRL. His injury has destroyed his effectiveness. He made one half decent break but besides that he did nothing today.

romel_old

Next week we should have

6. Moon
7. Hohaia
14. Jones.

im not sure if lance can handle the pressure of 7 (halfback) thats a HUGE ask but u never know till u try aye?

id like

1.hohaia
7.fien
14.jones
3.mckinnon/dropped

it worked early in the year bringing stacey on and off in crucial moments. giving fien most of the work. i like fiens kicking, and passing game but his running is too rushed and out of control.

DanKokoro_old

I agree with Lance at halfback.. Even though in the past i'd been a believer that he's more use to the team as an impact player, we now absolutely need him on the park for the full 80. Jones can go play for the Pt Chev Pirates.

DanKokoro_old

im not sure if lance can handle the pressure of 7 (halfback) thats a HUGE ask but u never know till u try aye?

id like

1.hohaia
7.fien
14.jones
3.mckinnon

it worked early in the year bringing stacey on and off in crucial moments. giving fien most of the work. i like fiens kicking, and passing game but his running is too rushed and out of control.
Yeah even Fien would be a huge improvement on Jones. Forget the fact that he used to be a great player.. That was 6/7 years ago. Based on form he should be no where near the starting line-up

aussie_warrior_old

I'm waiting for someone to mention that Lance was average at 7 years ago... because I've had enough of that comment, it's like saying Jones was good years ago and therefore should be good now. Lance is still young, smart, and more mature than then and I have no qualms at giving him a real go now.... especially if we aren't keeping Fein.

Having said that, I feel sorry for McKinnon, it's hard to tell on TV. But he's doing a lot of work (and talk) at the back, and he is right on the hip of the forwards at least 1 hit up per set (I paid specific attention today at the game). He's just not getting it, and I know he's not quick (never really was) but he's not as bad as I'm sure it looked on TV.

BringBackRovelli_old

Hohaia is not halfback material. But unfortunately there`s nothing to lose, and if it gives him a starting spot, we may as well put him there and play without a halfback.

motu1_old

anyone but jones he just does the same old ****
wrap a round or kick

romel_old

AGREED Iafeta
i was actually thinking that myself but the problem is they are to small/young/inexperinced for fullback. u need experience at the back.

id love to see locke,aumauu,bristow get their debus off the bench.whether they are ready for the big time i dont know.

Spence_old

i was actually thinking that myself but the problem is they are to small/young/inexperinced for fullback. u need experience at the back.

id love to see locke,aumauu,bristow get their debus off the bench.whether they are ready for the big time i dont know.
Ah Mau has debuted. I rate Likiliki over Bristow. Locke for sure.

romel_old

anyone but jones he just does the same old ****
wrap a round or kick
omg i couldnt help but LOL at that one its true aye haha :heh:

but hey i dont think jones played bad at all for us this year,i think ivan is pushing him a bit hard leaving him the field for too long expecting too much from the old fella. and fowards are targeting him because of his size. but hey hes still got the x factor. just not for 80 mins may be 40 at most.

Spence_old

omg i couldnt help but LOL at that one its true aye haha :heh:

but hey i dont think jones played bad at all for us this year,i think ivan is pushing him a bit hard leaving him the field for too long expecting too much from the old fella. and fowards are targeting him because of his size. but hey hes still got the x factor. just not for 80 mins may be 40 at most.
Example? Not the Manly game.

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons NSW

Last Game

21 Mar

06-20
4.7 Total Avg Rating
4.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 10 ratings