General Lance Hohaia big improver

danco_old

Lance is getting better each game is he ready for 5/8 position.?his head is in the right frame of mind and seems to be enjoying himself.

warrior_girl81_old

i think hes ready for sure. hes had a great couple of games and seems to have got alot of confidence back. go hohaia!!!

warriorfaithful*_old

missing teeth said:
7 or 9 or nothing as far as i'm concerned

Well he cant play 7 cos dont think we should take rovelli away from there and fien is playing well at 9. So to be honist i quite like him coming of the bench as a utility and bringing some impact. Id only want to see him at 6 if they take ropati away fom there and put him in the centres, dont think it will happen for now though cos you never change a winning team lol.

Skinny_Ravs82

I think it's far too early to comment on his form. Before he got dropped in round 3 he was ordinary let us not forget that. When he came back against the Raiders he wasn't any better. Why? We can't know for sure, some suggest it had to do ith form, some other injury or the fact he had a problem with attitude or whatever else.
Against the Rabbits, to be fair everyone in the side played well. Why wouldn't you against the Bunnies of all teams?!
Secondly, last night it wasn't any big stand out performance from him but it was a consistant one and that's what you can ask for.

The Warriors shouldn't start changing anything with their side at the moment; leave the players where they are because they are all doing their jobs. As some people on here have suggested he either goes well as a halfback or a hooker. And as much as I'm not a fan of Ropati he's doing himself some justice. And unless something really, really drastic happens to Ravs (and god forbid I certainly hope not), then I don't see him being moved from the halfback spot. Which says alot for Lance in the long term. I think depending on whether the Warriors keep Gatis or Fien (it seems Gatis may stay and Fien's contract I think finishes end of next year) then whichever of the two go then Lance is definiely to say as a hooker and unless Roptai disappears completely and we are looking for a 5/8 but can't find one then I suppose Lance could go back there (maybe)

fiamacho_old

He has been great off the bench but he is not good enough to challenge for Rovelli's or Fein's position.

And yes he did play well against the Panthers.

warriors4life_old

I'd leave him on the bench for now, Rovelli and Fien have proved they earn a starting spot and Ropati is starting to pick up his game a bit. Why break up a winning combination?

sebastian_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
I think it's far too early to comment on his form. Before he got dropped in round 3 he was ordinary let us not forget that. When he came back against the Raiders he wasn't any better. Why? We can't know for sure, some suggest it had to do ith form, some other injury or the fact he had a problem with attitude or whatever else.
Against the Rabbits, to be fair everyone in the side played well. Why wouldn't you against the Bunnies of all teams?!
Secondly, last night it wasn't any big stand out performance from him but it was a consistant one and that's what you can ask for.

The Warriors shouldn't start changing anything with their side at the moment; leave the players where they are because they are all doing their jobs. As some people on here have suggested he either goes well as a halfback or a hooker. And as much as I'm not a fan of Ropati he's doing himself some justice. And unless something really, really drastic happens to Ravs (and god forbid I certainly hope not), then I don't see him being moved from the halfback spot. Which says alot for Lance in the long term. I think depending on whether the Warriors keep Gatis or Fien (it seems Gatis may stay and Fien's contract I think finishes end of next year) then whichever of the two go then Lance is definiely to say as a hooker and unless Roptai disappears completely and we are looking for a 5/8 but can't find one then I suppose Lance could go back there (maybe)

Fien must be kept next year, he has been valuble aseset as a utility, is in the form of his life,hell he neary got a queensland spot. He can play well in a number of spots, has potential leader ability & is one of our consistant players.

-Dr.J-_old

DON'T put him at 5/8.. He's crap there. Unless you just started watching the Warriors you'd know that. He needs to be thinking about darting, or have more time to think about his next move. He has been getting the ball as second receiver a few plays lately if you watch, but I think he's really better at dummy half or at first receiver personally.

haami_old

I'd leave Hohaia as their utility....He's been great off the bench.

Keep Ravs.and Fien where they are.These two are keeping the Warriors on a roll at the moment.

Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old

Dido, i'll leave him on the bench coming on as a utility player, like Guttenbeil they playin well off the bench, and yes why change a winning side. and nice comment Skinny_Ravs82.

Skinny_Ravs82

-Dr.J- said:
DON'T put him at 5/8.. He's crap there. Unless you just started watching the Warriors you'd know that. He needs to be thinking about darting, or have more time to think about his next move. He has been getting the ball as second receiver a few plays lately if you watch, but I think he's really better at dummy half or at first receiver personally.

I said 'maybe' read what I said properly before you go and judge.

Skinny_Ravs82

Warrior_Hot_Stepper said:
Dido, i'll leave him on the bench coming on as a utility player, like Guttenbeil they playin well off the bench, and yes why change a winning side. and nice comment Skinny_Ravs82.

haha thanks. thought it was a bit long

commonsense_old

i dont think if lance hohaia moved to no6 he would play a traditional 5/8th role. i would assume he would play as a second halfback. switching with ravs at first receiver. similar with andrew johns and kurt gidley at the knights.
fien is playing great at hooker and he deserves the starting spot. ropati has been hot and cold (more cold than hot tho).

having both ravs and hohaia in the halves would be great because they are both great kickers and thats what the warriors have been missing for a long time... options in general kicking play.

Iafeta_old

Why change it if it ain't broke, and in actual fact, is improving.

If anyone out of 6, 7, 9 and interchange is still on the chopping block its Hohaia. Gatis isn't far off him in my estimation. Ropati's form the past few weeks has been fantastic. It'd be very demotivating and confusing for the players if after perservering with him through poor form that he's dropped after terrific form. It'd be a cruel piece of demotivation that Ropati may not recover from as he won't know what is expected of him and will think poor performances follow the positive reinforcement theory that he'll be reselected, and send a mixed signal to players that form is not important to achieve at the club.

No thanks. Plus, Hohaia's own form at five eighth at the Warriors has been very ordinary. He makes a far better dummy half where he can use his speed against tiring forwards.