Reaction score
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Obviously jury is still out on him as he’s only played 2 trials for us but I was excited but what I saw in him. He will be no like for like with mannering for sure but my thoughts were that there was some great qualities shown by him. Great energy (seems bloody fit), hungry (as you would be being in the league wilderness for ages after getting a taste), and possibly some footwork. Will give him the benefit of the doubt so far and will back him to go well. It’s just great to see competition for spots is high.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Knife and fork currently in hand for some humble pie with a side of a 34 point victory.

Aside from one stupid offload, Burr was good today. Ran hard and aside from that error, didn't do much wrong. If that's his standard of performance, I'm happy enough for him to stick around.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nothing wrong but also no way should he push anyone else that played today and papa out

Reaction score
jsmooove

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Knife and fork currently in hand for some humble pie with a side of a 34 point victory.

Aside from one stupid offload, Burr was good today. Ran hard and aside from that error, didn't do much wrong. If that's his standard of performance, I'm happy enough for him to stick around.
i really liked him with ball in hand but in defense i didnt think so. i thought he was very average. i saw a couple a of jersey grabs, he came out of the line and just missed and he stood there and watched lachlan lewis.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he ran past big papi twice in the first half, so thats a good start. though that big goober is only good for headbutting people these days.

Reaction score
JBmurc

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think they are comparable stat wise... Burr has the speed, tackle efficiency and probably a better attacking ability than Mannering.

However Mannering had the experience, determination, durability and game sense that gave him an X factor that stood out in an average team. He was a leader that owned his section of the defence.

Just remember, we are not an average team anymore. In a team where everyone just needs to play a role, Burr is more than adequate.
I liked what I saw from him with some good footwork on one run no superstar but as long as his D is strong and doesn't give away dumb penalties I'll be happy .as always happens good teams lift average players and I think the Boys looking primed

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Agree... But he's no Mannering.. Some good runs, OK in defence, only one bad error, drop.

Reaction score

Early

U20's Player
Reaction score
Burr didn't have as bigger physical impact on 'Big Pappi' as Iggy, but he was in his face, hunting him and still managed a late shot. If you could call it a late shot. He may not be there next week but he'll keep everyone honest with his intent and a decent gobfull I reckon. Wait and see I guess

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papallii ,Pulu ,Burr 3 First grade players 1 spot
I like Burr for balance . an that quick play the ball that Roach
Ran off of was .a great sign of things to come .
But what a delema to have who 2 leave out .

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Burr instantly made the Warriors stronger. He looks a gem of a buy and is a starter.

Papallii goes to the bench in replace of Ashyford and Pulu is left to play nowhere near this team. Pulu has dropped considerably in his playing ability. Not currently NRL quality.

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Fold it
Contributor
Reaction score
Burr instantly made the Warriors stronger. He looks a gem of a buy and is a starter.

Papallii goes to the bench in replace of Ashyford and Pulu is left to play nowhere near this team. Pulu has dropped considerably in his playing ability. Not currently NRL quality.
Agreed I was wondering why Pulu wasn't in the mix, but after watching the trials and the ISP game yesterday hes in no mans land. Burr is much better at present.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Ride the wave with Burr in the first few rounds while he’s still hot.

It’s a long season.

We have Tigers and Manly bottom 8 cellar dwellers in my books just like the dogs.

Let the kid feast.

Btw for 28 yr old he sure looks old. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ride the wave with Burr in the first few rounds while he’s still hot.

It’s a long season.

We have Tigers and Manly bottom 8 cellar dwellers in my books just like the dogs.

Let the kid feast.

Btw for 28 yr old he sure looks old. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Isn’t he 26?

Also if that was his girlfriend that was with him after the game then he’s doing something right.

Reaction score
Warrior482

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dunno about these comparisons with the GOAT, 26 yo Mannering was a fucking beast

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Dunno about these comparisons with the GOAT, 26 yo Mannering was a fucking beast
Only in the fanboys heads. Mannering never had an attacking game. Workhorse defender though probably one of the best the NRL has seen. Burr though looks to have a young Mannering covered and offers way more ball in hand. Warriors upgraded for sure.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Only in the fanboys heads. Mannering never had an attacking game. Workhorse defender though probably one of the best the NRL has seen. Burr though looks to have a young Mannering covered and offers way more ball in hand. Warriors upgraded for sure.
You really need to do a better job of keeping your previous iron lion persona hidden by not posting as many outlandishly laughable statements. We wouldn't want the metal kitty to leave the site again with it's tail between its leg again because they made bets they couldn't keep. Atleast you aren't posting about the foran on 2.2m per year deal now though...or beuden Barrett joining warriors or kearney getting sack by ARL....

Reaction score
Warrior482

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Shine on you crazy diamond ;)

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm a fan boi of Mannering, Burr did run some good lines, but looked like he couldn't break through a paper mache wall. Has zero impact in that department. Tackled OK, but from memory and happy to be corrected, made no one on one tackles. was normally the 2nd or 3rd man in, which I have no issue with.

He's a solid bench player at best. Isiah has more upside currently than Burr.

This week I'd drop Ayshford, move Burr to the bench and start Isiah.

Top Bottom