Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A lot of unfair comments about Burr on here. The guy is good, very good.

The only reason Burr did not Play for the Bulldogs last year was there was no cap space available for him. NRL would not allow it. Bulldogs wanted to keep Burr for 2019 - that is a fact. Burr had several NRL sides wanting to sign him, the Warriors paid very good money for Burr. As I stated elsewhere on this site, the amount of money the Warriors paid for Burr ment he will be playing for the top side this year.

Burr is a O'Sullivan inspired signing. He has a massive upside which hasnt clicked up until this stage. Its clicking now at the Warriors.

If you think Burr is shit then what do you think of Simon Mannering? Burr is identical to Mannering except he is faster and runs superior lines. Think twice because the Warriors found a better version of Mannering to replace him.
Gtfoh!!! Identical to Mannering? Bruh!! Are you a catfish? Is this Burr? .......He is 26! If he hasn't made first grade yet at that age. He obviously needs a shit ton of work. Don't ever compare him to Mannering. As for not making the bulldogs squad. I'll cut him some slack. Bulldogs have always had a strong forward pack. Their backs & halves have been kaka of late. That's where I think the criticizing of their team is aimed at. The Backs.....Still can't believe you compared Burr to the goat Mannering.....shiiiieeet.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Gtfoh!!! Identical to Mannering? Bruh!! Are you a catfish? Is this Burr? .......He is 26! If he hasn't made first grade yet at that age. He obviously needs a shit ton of work. Don't ever compare him to Mannering. As for not making the bulldogs squad. I'll cut him some slack. Bulldogs have always had a strong forward pack. Their backs & halves have been kaka of late. That's where I think the criticizing of their team is aimed at. The Backs.....Still can't believe you compared Burr to the goat Mannering.....shiiiieeet.
While I’m not comparing him to Mannering, Burr has played 24 first grade games for the Bulldogs and the Titans. He debuted when he was 21 for the Bulldogs against the Panthers.

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Identical player. You will see - the same player except Burr is faster. That's why Warriors bought him.

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Don't ever compare him to Mannering.
I will. There’s no way that Burr would say fuck all while half the team laugh about getting hammered ... but then complain about their attitude years later in his memoirs.

(Hmmm...that’s gonna make me popular)

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I will. There’s no way that Burr would say fuck all while half the team laugh about getting hammered ... but then complain about their attitude years later in his memoirs.

(Hmmm...that’s gonna make me popular)
I don't think that could be a criticism of Mannering. He did his best and will spend the rest of his life paying for it with an aging and painful body. The criticism is with the club, especially the then owner who history is showing to be an A grade impostor.

Identical player. You will see - the same player except Burr is faster. That's why Warriors bought him.
Mannering was very quick, he started as a centre. However apparently Burr is the second fittest in the side. This was in the league show tonight. Exciting times that you can afford to drop Papaili and have somebody as fit come into the team. Papa might have to play his way back in, wow.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Ironically his first game is up against his old club from last year. Strange he couldn’t break into the shite Dogs team from 2018?

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Strange he couldn’t break into the shite Dogs team from 2018?
Well he is better than Mannering. Well known fact known by forum experts is Mannering at his peak couldn't make this bulldogs team either...

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Ironically his first game is up against his old club from last year. Strange he couldn’t break into the shite Dogs team from 2018?
The dogs are a shite club. Paying overs for a washed up Foran is a classic example.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
The dogs are a shite club. Paying overs for a washed up Foran is a classic example.
We wanted him to stay with us remember. Let's not throw stones from our own glass house.

Reaction score
fizurg

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well he is better than Mannering. Well known fact known by forum experts is Mannering at his peak couldn't make this bulldogs team either...
He never even made their reserve grade. Let alone player of the year.

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think he will be fine as long as people don't expect too much from him. He's a fringe first grader who's 26 and never cracked regular game time in NRL. Don't expect him to come in and snap up a starting jersey for the season.

From what I've seen his hands are pretty shocking at times and he isn't a very good decision maker on defence.

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think he will be fine as long as people don't expect too much from him. He's a fringe first grader who's 26 and never cracked regular game time in NRL. Don't expect him to come in and snap up a starting jersey for the season.

From what I've seen his hands are pretty shocking at times and he isn't a very good decision maker on defence.
nay, your wrong mate, he'll be better than Mannering...

Reaction score
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Fold it
Contributor
Reaction score
Thing that really stuck out for me was no leg drive in the tackle, hope he can sort that out.

Like any Warrior hope he goes well for us.

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Mannering now living the dream, over in Kingscliff, Northern NSW (15 mins from Coolangatta)

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think they are comparable stat wise... Burr has the speed, tackle efficiency and probably a better attacking ability than Mannering.

However Mannering had the experience, determination, durability and game sense that gave him an X factor that stood out in an average team. He was a leader that owned his section of the defence.

Just remember, we are not an average team anymore. In a team where everyone just needs to play a role, Burr is more than adequate.

Top Bottom