Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Seriously, I watched both trial games. Nothing Burr did set the world on fire... Did he bend the line, no. Did he smash blokes in one on one tackles, no. He's average at best.

When, he captain's his country and holds a club together defensively by himself, then you can compare him to mannering, but no way is he better. That's insulting.
Never let the truth insult you Swanley. Mannering at any other NRL club skill wise was just another player. Mannering had a massive heart and a die-hard attitude and by all accounts so does Burr. Burr is just as fit, has a massive motor, runs faster, actually runs very good lines - something Mannering never did, offloads and is a tackling machine. He is a bloody good player and deserves his NRL reprieve.

Lets be honest, your questioning Kearney, O'Sullivan and Smith football knowledge by saying that Burr is a shit player and a shit selection. You are saying you know better than them. Shit players dont have several NRL sides pursue their signature. Shit players dont get paid the type of money that Burr is to be here in NZ.

Burr is the reason Pulu is in reserve grade currently. He is better at this time.

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Never let the truth insult you Swanley. Mannering at any other NRL club skill wise was just another player. Mannering had a massive heart and a die-hard attitude and by all accounts so does Burr. Burr is just as fit, has a massive motor, runs faster, actually runs very good lines - something Mannering never did, offloads and is a tackling machine. He is a bloody good player and deserves his NRL reprieve.

Lets be honest, your questioning Kearney, O'Sullivan and Smith football knowledge by saying that Burr is a shit player and a shit selection. You are saying you know better than them. Shit players dont have several NRL sides pursue their signature. Shit players dont get paid the type of money that Burr is to be here in NZ.

Burr is the reason Pulu is in reserve grade currently. He is better at this time.
Let's see what happens then and I'll give him until Blueys round to see if I can be convinced he's either the messiah or a very naughty boy.

Reaction score
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Put me in the yet to be convinced by Burr category. More than happy to eat my words, but I think he has simply found a spot based on the fact he is a middle forward with some size and NRL experience. We have found ourselves a bit short in this area after Ligi Sao did what ever he did and Papalii had one too many.

From what I have seen, he is prone to getting caught flat footed on defence and unforced knock ons.

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Let's see what happens then and I'll give him until Blueys round to see if I can be convinced he's either the messiah or a very naughty boy.
If he's a naughty boy ill buy you hot cross buns and easter eggs to make up for setting you wrong on him.

Reaction score

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Put me in the yet to be convinced by Burr category. More than happy to eat my words, but I think he has simply found a spot based on the fact he is a middle forward with some size and NRL experience. We have found ourselves a bit short in this area after Ligi Sao did what ever he did and Papalii had one too many.

From what I have seen, he is prone to getting caught flat footed on defence and unforced knock ons.
The knock ons are very Vatuvei psychology like. They have plagued his career up until this point. He was viewed as an Origin player in the making for a while. Titans was a bad move for him.

Reaction score
Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The knock ons are very Vatuvei psychology like. They have plagued his career up until this point. He was viewed as an Origin player in the making for a while. Titans was a bad move for him.
I think him starting at lock will be good for him, because we know Jazz will be on at the 20 minute mark so he can just come out and pour it onto the field for 20 minutes then have a seat.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Too much sunblock on the hands up on the coast?

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
If he's a naughty boy ill buy you hot cross buns and easter eggs to make up for setting you wrong on him.
I think you’re possibly wrong too - put me down for some HC buns and Easter eggs too.

Reaction score
france

france

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
im going to sit in the fence with this one lol..as long as he does his job well & play in with the team..i think he'll be good asset for us

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Warriors fans mocking the bulldogs team lineup against us but ignoring the fact that a player who couldn't crack their first grade squad is now a starter at the Warriors. Let that sink in for a minute.
Could have said the same about RFM a couple of years back...
I’m still on the fence but a change of clubs can do funny things to a players ability

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not sold at all, but I've got a knife and fork ready for some humble pie. Nothing makes me happier than being wrong about the Warriors fucking something up tbh

Reaction score

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I like the fact that he blew up after being subbed, shows he’s ultra competitive and fit. At 26 at last chance saloon and looks like he knows it. Being fully professional rather than part time should help him too.

Jury’s still out on him from what I’ve seen of him but hopefully at the very least he should be putting pressure on the likes of Lisone, Pulu and Satae to earn their spots. That can only be a good thing.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He has all the motivation in the world debuting against his old team, which for whatever reason couldnt crack 1st grade.

Hopefully he has people in his ear relaxing him, dont want burning his energy on nerves.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I quite like him so far.

He seems to me to run at the gaps and has a tidy play the ball speed. I like his footwork.

It's all downhill from there then . . .

Top Bottom