Player Konrad Hurrell

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Theres also nothing wrong with eating. Its the not training bit that really did it. Overeating and not training. All attitude.

The guy is mentally weak. Thats the real issue. Like when he was told not to eat carbs at night and got caught by the nutritionist ordering donuts after a game on room service. Told her to get fucked and she ended up in tears. The guy is mentally weak...

That's key there. Boy could eat whatever he wanted if he spent every hour in the gym.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yeah I meant that hypothetically not literally..as if, and more along the lines of traditional disrespect of turning down food back in the old days, of course you'll be charged with murder in the real world now days.

Mentally weak, who gives a shit heaps of these mugs are, on the field he's physically tough and that's where it matters, unlucky for the lady who got disrespected but that's like Mannering telling Bluey to get fucked, attitude seems to be shithouse all over the club.
That Mannering story was actually only half the real picture and Bluey edited the bit out of how he was trying to be Hitler and Simon had a guts full of it. He did that speaking for the team, as a leader would when they see bullshit...

Sup42

Sup42

Told her to get fucked and she ended up in tears

Ok well that would get you dropped automatically the following week in the NRL.

Sorta wish the Dietician had said somethin funny back " Whas that....can't understand you with a mouth full of doughnut "

slaughterhouse.sa

Yeah I meant that hypothetically not literally..as if, and more along the lines of traditional disrespect of turning down food back in the old days, of course you'll be charged with murder in the real world now days.

Mentally weak, who gives a shit heaps of these mugs are, on the field he's physically tough and that's where it matters, unlucky for the lady who got disrespected but that's like Mannering telling Bluey to get fucked, attitude seems to be shithouse all over the club.

Who gives a shit? MEntally week the why the Warriors lose games.
Actually I think attitude has been good from Warriors - past three = Im happy with the changes made, Im like MT Wellington I have a feeling McFadden is going to be a success

Reactions: 2 users

slaughterhouse.sa

Thats rubbish and theres nothing stopping him from having a little feed. Most men stand outside anyway and let the women, children and elders sit down and eat. Heard this excuse used a few times already on this thread. Unless you know something about Tongan culture that I dont then please stop.

Theres also nothing wrong with eating. Its the not training bit that really did it. Overeating and not training. All attitude.

The guy is mentally weak. Thats the real issue. Like when he was told not to eat carbs at night and got caught by the nutritionist ordering donuts after a game on room service. Told her to get fucked and she ended up in tears. The guy is mentally weak...

Exactly and Im sure the fast food and other crap he probably eats isnt traditional tongan cuisine.

Whoa - Hurrell would of copped some flak from the players on that one.
It is pretty sad and funny at the same time.

Im sure the players all like Hurrell.
But with the vibe from Mt Wellington - at least the players seem to have the same opinion.
Challenging players means a change in culture.

Even guys like Mateo who are experienced and resistant to change have been affected.
He has pulled his head

Last edited:
mode81

mode81

Who gives a shit? MEntally week the why the Warriors lose games.
Actually I think attitude has been good from Warriors - past three = Im happy with the changes made, Im like MT Wellington I have a feeling McFadden is going to be a success

Yep the coach will sort the mentally weak players out and Konrad isn't the only one who will get dumped to reserve grade for work ons but we have more chance of winning when Konrad plays then when he doesn't in my opinion, impact off the bench against the Cowboys, blinder against the Tigers and solid without being spectacular against the Storm we need to keep him in top grade.

slaughterhouse.sa

Yep the coach will sort the mentally weak players out and Konrad isn't the only one who will get dumped to reserve grade for work ons but we have more chance of winning when Konrad plays then when he doesn't in my opinion, impact off the bench against the Cowboys, blinder against the Tigers and solid without being spectacular against the Storm we need to keep him in top grade.

Agreed - I love Konny Hurrell.
Dont want him to be traded, see a future star on and off the field for the Warriors.
Hopefully the penny drops soon though.

However how many more chances? Lets hope he becomes of those addicated to fitness selfies/instagrams instead of the singing on instgram guy lol.

Sup42

Sup42

Hurrell you must be fixed bro....we can rebuild him....we have the technology.....

Watching the Sunday Footy Show and hearing Brad Fittler quote Ryan Hoffman after the Game " he said he is as sore as he has ever been...their centers ...their Wingers.....he said they ran so hard "

We get that with Konrad....and Manu...and Laumape....they run hard....Konrad leaves people lying on the ground injured when he runs......that's pretty handy.

Maybe the club see Matai as someone who would be a good influence on Konrad , he certainly would hit him with a sly shot in training if he's slacking off and roll those mad eyes of his ( actually the more I think about that Steve Matai would be a different kind of " Teacher " than say Jerome )....sign Steve Warriors....that's some serious center options.

Ironically when McFadden looks at the tape of the winning Try.....he will see Ikahihifo create something from nothing fending and passing to Johnson....who passes to Bukuya......who runs like a center and looks for his mate Johnson again......anyway it ends with Konrad standing still watching.

As others have said Konrad was dropped out of that play by Bukuya when he switched it back inside to Johnson..and to be fair who knows where Johnson is going to go.....

Still a Warrior must follow the ball cause that last pass might be some over the head reverse globe trotter shit that lands where Hurrell could have been at least jogging......

Best bit about that segment is McFadden And Henry's faces......McFadden has that look...the Warrior fan look....Wtf is this...not what we did in training....is something about to happen......

Henry is just saying GO !!!

McFadden will have many more of those WTF here we go moments..

Reactions: 7 users
Sup42

Sup42

Actually just read Vikings post in the signings thread re Matai being physically shot to pieces.......

ah not a good idea signing a lame duck on more than the annual Ropati type deal at best.

facefacts

Well I read back slapping and joking, referring

So if my post wasnt accurate to you.....there is enough posters that it does apply to.

How do you know how they train? Also McFadden has just started so see how he goes.
3 games = all three games so far there has been massive effort.

We saw a massive effort last season for several games after that pathetic loss to Penrith, but that only lasted so long, and usual programming resumed after awhile...it'll take more than a few good efforts to convince me anythings changed.

Apart from all the tape we've seen over the years of Warriors training's where all we see is them pissing around or doing shit half paced, we heard of a first hand account of the pathetic way they train the other day, which i for one completely believe.

Reactions: 4 users

slaughterhouse.sa

We saw a massive effort last season for several games after that pathetic loss to Penrith, but that only lasted so long, and usual programming resumed after awhile...it'll take more than a few good efforts to convince me anythings changed.

Apart from all the tape we've seen over the years of Warriors training's where all we see is them pissing around or doing shit half paced, we heard of a first hand account of the pathetic way they train the other day, which i for one completely believe.

Maybe call it optisim or just hope. - but I feel McFadden is the coach for the next 4 or 5 years.

First hand account from who....somebody mate who walked past mt smart please.
Well I have also heard actual reports training has been that intense - that Bukuya and Towsend had to be seperated.
Sounds like intensity/taking training sensibly for mine.

Reactions: 1 users
Miket12

Miket12

I've been to WarriorsHQ a couple of times this year. The first was on a Tuesday training time when the media was there and there was lots of laughing and they just didn't seem to be taking it very seriously. BTW, Elliot was still coach.

I then went back the week after ME was dropped to see one of the membership staff to arrange some corporate tickets for some visiting American businessmen later in the season. When we walked through to the corp. box they'd be using, the team was practicing. I can tell you that from what I saw, there certainly was a rise in intensity. Cappy was very much in control and not letting anyone muck round.

I've also spoken to one of the players who said that Cappy is much harder on them, expecting more from them and most of the squad are rising up too it - those who aren't are getting it from their team mates. He also said that Capt. Mannering is far more vocal than he has been and really enjoying the way Cappy is coaching the team. He also confirmed that Cappy is a straight shooter who has clear and understandable way that the players "are getting".

Reactions: 16 users
JBmurc

JBmurc

I've been to WarriorsHQ a couple of times this year. The first was on a Tuesday training time when the media was there and there was lots of laughing and they just didn't seem to be taking it very seriously. BTW, Elliot was still coach.

I then went back the week after ME was dropped to see one of the membership staff to arrange some corporate tickets for some visiting American businessmen later in the season. When we walked through to the corp. box they'd be using, the team was practicing. I can tell you that from what I saw, there certainly was a rise in intensity. Cappy was very much in control and not letting anyone muck round.

I've also spoken to one of the players who said that Cappy is much harder on them, expecting more from them and most of the squad are rising up too it - those who aren't are getting it from their team mates. He also said that Capt. Mannering is far more vocal than he has been and really enjoying the way Cappy is coaching the team. He also confirmed that Cappy is a straight shooter who has clear and understandable way that the players "are getting".

Thats what I like to here !!...Discipline / Respect for the team and we will go all the way IMHO Star players are made and not brought .....

Reactions: 1 users

facefacts

Maybe call it optisim or just hope. - but I feel McFadden is the coach for the next 4 or 5 years.

First hand account from who....somebody mate who walked past mt smart please.
Well I have also heard actual reports training has been that intense - that Bukuya and Towsend had to be seperated.
Sounds like intensity/taking training sensibly for mine.

I have no doubt this is true as iv'e seen it myself, and the garbage they've dished up for years attests to it.https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/ideas-to-improve-the-warriors.35236/page-10#post-442546

A few punches between those two could have been caused by anything, it's more likely they just pissed each other off rather than it being evidence of a complete change in culture after more than a decade of half ass'd bullshit.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Trainings are a lot more intense and the boys are getting caned. Reading some peoples assumptive posts you'd think that the players are lazy as fuck, would be hating the extra work and 'player power' would see Cappy out the door before the seasons end. Sorry to disappoint the sceptics but the team is loving it. Finally a coach who knows what he's doing. Said it many times before and I'll say it again. Andrew McFadden has the full respect of the players.

Not worried about Konnie. Cappy will sort him and anybody else out who needs a tune up or a kick up the arse. Putting all my faith in the coach. Little choice really.

Still feeling positive after the Storm game and the fact that our clubs future is looking brighter based on what Ive heard...

Reactions: 13 users

Jordan G

The comment from Miket earlier about how players not keeping up or stepping up were getting it given to them by team mates is the key thing for me. A hard coach is pointless unless the players buy into it, and the players are buying into it.

Still think top 8 will be touch and go this year only because we didn't have a full off season of this, and it takes time to fully ingrain the sort of effort and attitude Cappy is demanding.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The comment from Miket earlier about how players not keeping up or stepping up were getting it given to them by team mates is the key thing for me. A hard coach is pointless unless the players buy into it, and the players are buying into it.

Still think top 8 will be touch and go this year only because we didn't have a full off season of this, and it takes time to fully ingrain the sort of effort and attitude Cappy is demanding.
We did have a full off season of intense training. Cappy and Ricky were running the whole thing...

slaughterhouse.sa

But we did have the same issue with Feleti and Ngani, so perhaps the club is not being strict enough at how well the players must maintain themselves in the off-season.

Feleti Mateo had an injured leg didnt he.
So that 2 players out of 35 players.

HeartyWARRIOR_278

HeartyWARRIOR_278

Trainings are a lot more intense and the boys are getting caned. Reading some peoples assumptive posts you'd think that the players are lazy as fuck, would be hating the extra work and 'player power' would see Cappy out the door before the seasons end. Sorry to disappoint the sceptics but the team is loving it. Finally a coach who knows what he's doing. Said it many times before and I'll say it again. Andrew McFadden has the full respect of the players.

Not worried about Konnie. Cappy will sort him and anybody else out who needs a tune up or a kick up the arse. Putting all my faith in the coach. Little choice really.

Still feeling positive after the Storm game and the fact that our clubs future is looking brighter based on what Ive heard...
Thats what I'm talkn about things are really looking positive I have the upmost confidence in cappy and its a very good sign.hey dox (Mt Wellington) wat else have u heard tryna be a jack nohi lol ?? Are we locking cappy in sooner rather then later ??