Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In relative terms benefits will be reduced
The increases will be reduced in the years when wages are higher than inflation but will go up in the years when inflation is higher than wages. The best solution would be to have the long-term benefits (i.e. for the disabled) increased by whichever is the greatest, inflation or wages, from the previous year.

Unfortunately, both major parties are too busy trying to outdo the other with pathetic point scoring as to when beneficiaries would be better off under their policies than do what is actually best for the beneficiaries by keeping benefit increases in line with the higher of the two.

No more party political broadcasts today.

Let the will of the people shape our next 3 years and good luck to all parties.

Get out and vote everyone!
I remember back in the day, some guys from my high school went around removing party signs from a particular party in the weeks leading up to the election. Then, in the early morning of election day, went around putting them back up, hoping that party would get into trouble. They got caught by the cops. Can't remember what their punishment was but it can't have been too bad..... one of them is standing for a very minor party this election.

I remember back in the day, some guys from my high school went around removing party signs from a particular party in the weeks leading up to the election. Then, in the early morning of election day, went around putting them back up, hoping that party would get into trouble. They got caught by the cops. Can't remember what their punishment was but it can't have been too bad..... one of them is standing for a very minor party this election.

After Tau Henare left NZF and formed Mauri Pacific, they put up a sign across the road and someone kept knocking it down. Then 1 day I saw him putting it back up and it stayed up after that.

Graeme Hart, NZ’s richest man has exactly the same vote as you do. The power of democracy!

Don’t know that it’s all it’s cracked up to be though. I follow the news, read up on policy and make an educated vote, meanwhile my son doesn’t care, goes into the booth not knowing who he’s voting for and picks a name he likes 😳

It grates to know my vote might be canceled out by a guess… but it’s his democratic right to guess I suppose 🤣

I called it in the old forum. Luxon is an absolute potato.

Not even the good kind, like chips or roasted. Even mash as soft and textureless as it is would be an improvement.
No Luxon is a left in the cupboard too long mouldy spud.

Imagine signing up as captain, quitting cos you can’t hack it, coming back as a pinch hitter as the game looks like it’s in the bag, only to strike out with the bases loaded.

When I speak of mediocre men, him and that Bishop guy are the embodiment of it.
Great description of him, everything about him screams potato, his personality, the way he looks.

I find it funny that people think this government is a shit show.

Part of me wants a National, Act and NZF coalition just because of how epically shit that will be. Luxon will be PM in name only but Seymour and Peters will run absolute circles around him while hating each other at the same time.
It’s going to be brilliantly epic and disastrous all at the same time

I find it funny that people think this government is a shit show.

Part of me wants a National, Act and NZF coalition just because of how epically shit that will be. Luxon will be PM in name only but Seymour and Peters will run absolute circles around him while hating each other at the same time.
It’s going to be brilliantly epic and disastrous all at the same time
So how would you describe this government then?

I hope he does, I like their evidence based way of coming up with policies and if I knew for sure he would win Ilam I would vote TOP, but it’s risky as they have no chance of hitting 5% and I don’t want my vote wasted

If the people that said that very thing actually voted that way, they'd definitely get in 😅

Wasted vote is a myth, only wasted if you don't end up voting for what you want?

I’m in Aussie, is there updates during the day/night?
Does anyone know of any coverage over here or on YouTube?

Back