General Konrad Hurrell Nrl's Most Damaging Centre

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Konrad is getting better all the time. Lets not forget that this is only his second season playing league. Last year with the U20 being his first. To have such a rapid batism by fire is astounding! Ben Henry definately needs to work on his attack and creating more space for The Beast. Its no coincedence that Ropatis absence has meant a lack of tries this year for big Manu. He is however, as far as Im concerned, one of the best defenders out there. The way he shut down Inglis the whole game during our encounter with the Rabbits was a masterclass display from a relative NRL rookie. Heres another thread if it hasnt already been created. With Dane coming in next year and Ropati back to full fitness, who are your centre combos? Dane & Hurrell with Ropati on the bench as a utility and Henry moving into the forwards for mine.

Seriously are you on crack??? Ropati is absolute garbage and to say its no coincedence that Manu isn't getting space is because Ropati isn't there is ridiculous. Ropati in his games at centre this season was terrible on attack and terrible on defence and a total liability. It was a blessing he got injured so Bluey had no choice but to select Hurrell. It is freaking retarded that Konrad wasn't given a centre spot every game he was fit (and Inu too)while Benry and Ropati continued to produce lackluster game after lackluster game. For you to even question who the centre combination will be next season and putting Ropati's name in the mix is laughable. It will be Hurrell and Neilsen long term for us........

Reactions: 1 user
fanrrior

fanrrior

Seriously are you on crack??? Ropati is absolute garbage and to say its no coincedence that Manu isn't getting space is because Ropati isn't there is ridiculous. Ropati in his games at centre this season was terrible on attack and terrible on defence and a total liability. It was a blessing he got injured so Bluey had no choice but to select Hurrell. It is freaking retarded that Konrad wasn't given a centre spot every game he was fit (and Inu too)while Benry and Ropati continued to produce lackluster game after lackluster game. For you to even question who the centre combination will be next season and putting Ropati's name in the mix is laughable. It will be Hurrell and Neilsen long term for us........
Calm down buddy.

Ropati on his day was/is one of NZ's (kiwi) best centres. Admittably our centre depth isn't exactly amazing but to say Ropati is absolute garbage and shouldn't be in the mix is a bit of a stretch. Frankly, I think everyone who is contracted to the Warriors and is capable of playing centre should be in contention. This should create competition with whoever doesn't get put in the top team trying their best in the vulcans. I'm not saying that Ropati should be picked, or that I particularly want to be picked at this stage. Just that we should never have a closed mind when selecting players.

Next season is very far away. It's only the Slater's of the NRL that can consistantly have good form for years, just look at Mateo, he was great last year but not so much this year (so far). I'd assume that when a player has bad form, it works the same way. :)

Reactions: 2 users
iago

iago

Yeah, that's what i was thinking.. His value must be sky high even now, and as you say he's actually getting better each game.. scary indeed.

Hopefully he's got a lot of family here which would likely make moving away difficult for him.. He seems like such a nice humble guy i wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at the Warriors even if other clubs offered him more... that's actually just what i hope and is mostly based on the facts that he's Tongan, his english isn't very good, and he seems really happy to be where he is..

It's better than koolkat's.

Sup42

Sup42

ahh that's the video you were telling me to watch! haha that was awesome.. wtf was Manu doing to Konrad? stroking his hair and shit..

Love manu and konrad
Yes its funny Manu's body Language , classic case of protective Man love , He's treating Hurrell like a little kid. Anxious for the Young Tongan brothers Public speaking.

I don't think Manu's Missus needs to start worrying

Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

Yes its funny Manu's body Language , classic case of protective Man love , He's treating Hurrell like a little kid. Anxious for the Young Tongan brothers Public speaking.

I don't think Man's Missus needs to start worrying

haha yeah thats what i thought too.. though i was questioning whether or not he was taking the piss or if it was genuine affection when he started touching his cheek..

In any case Manu would be an epic source of support and inspiration for Konrad.. and we're lucky to have 2 players like that at the club

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...gn-with-warriors/story-e6frfgbo-1226272618093
Hey dude - Hurrell is signed until the end of next season only.
We need to remedy this ASAP as he's going to get huge offers I tell you now.

This guy is rated by the big names as the most destructive young back in the game, and every club would love to have him on their roster. Injuries being kind, he will become our next Manu Vatuvei in terms of status and earnings. He's also improving with every match, which is kind of terrifying. Most players seem to develop over the course of a couple of seasons - Hurrell is getting better literally every game. Which shows he's damn smart and a hard worker.

What should he be getting paid? I don't know. But I'd have him in our top 10 most critical players right now. Particularly considering his youth, strike rate, fan appeal, the fact that he's playing in a position we struggle to fill.
He is featured in the latest Rugby League Week (June 27, 2012) review from an article they did in February named 'Magnificent Seven' - a group of players to watchout for in 2012. Interestingly he's joined by Omar Slaimankhel. He will be chased. It would be like losing a centre of Vagana's class all over again.

fanrrior

fanrrior

Here are some of the nicknames for hurrel that i've hear being thrown around.

King Kon, Kissing Kon, Hurrell-cane, Konrad the Barbarian, Korilla, Hurrell the KONqueror, Super K, Special K, Koncrete and of course The Kondom

Reactions: 1 users
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hurry up Warriors and re-sign Hurrell already to a three year deal. Hell while we're at it, give Johnson a year or two extension.

Hitman82

Hitman82

Here are some of the nicknames for hurrel that i've hear being thrown around.

King Kon, Kissing Kon, Hurrell-cane, Konrad the Barbarian, Korilla, Hurrell the KONqueror, Super K, Special K, Koncrete and of course The Kondom
I'm down with Koneleti the Barbarian. Damn that was a good movie. The 80s one, I mean. Actually Conan the Destroyer was sweet, too.

I don't think I'll ever get over the scene where he drunkenly yells "sluts!" then k.o's a camel with one punch.

Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

This is from NRL.com: https://www.nrl.com/broncos-expect-late-warriors-nrl-inclusion/tabid/10874/newsid/68607/default.aspx

Does anyone know if Hurrell traveled with the team, or if he's still in Auckland?

hmmm i assume he did travel, because don't you reckon the Broncos would be aware of whether or not he did? would be as simple as paying some kid $10 to go to the airport to see if he steps off the plane.. unless he's hiding in the luggage. Dunno if NRL clubs do that sort of thing.. or if they'd just rely on him being spotted with the team and that information being passed back to them by any number of sources.

It'd be pretty stupid if they "expected him as a late inclusion" and then it turned out he wasn't even in the country.. don't you reckon?

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Hurrell did not travel with the team. Rest of the guys are in brisbane. Hurrell is in Auckland

Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

Obviously taking a later flight..

damnit! oh well, i guess it's for the best.. was kinda hoping it was less serious than they thought and he was back to 100%

and nice one Broncos..

Fazz

Fazz

haha "ohh yeah i really had a good fun".. ahh bless him..

To be fair to Konrad, his english has actually proved quite a bit since that video. In snippets on the news and whatnot, he's sounding a lot more fluent. Hopefully he continues to work hard on it.

facefacts

To be fair to Konrad, his english has actually proved quite a bit since that video. In snippets on the news and whatnot, he's sounding a lot more fluent. Hopefully he continues to work hard on it.

His english seems to be improving quickly, and no matter how fluent he is, he still speaks two languages...thats one more than i can speak.