Billy Teets James

Have a look at his highlights reel, very few linebreaks and long distance runs. Thats what I meant, he cant step and hes not explosive. Hes definitely not as fast as some of our guys. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would run him down over 40m without even getting out of first.
Gtfoh lol....long distance runs? Like the New York Marathon ? Smh, Can't step? He's stepped out more guys than Jake the Muss at the pub. Go back to sleep man.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Based on that highlights reel (thats the bits hes done good over his career, not the bad bits which far outweigh the highlights) we just signed a sub par Kata

Gtfoh lol....long distance runs? Like the New York Marathon ? Smh, Can't step? He's stepped out more guys than Jake the Muss at the pub. Go back to sleep man.

He doesnt step, he swerves and he runs over people. Hence why hes used as a utility hooker impact player. And hence why the Broncos want him gone and are likely willing to pay him to leave.

Runs outside the 20 long distance. He has 3 in his highlights reel. 2 of which he gets tackled as he cant step.

Now lets compare that highlights reel to his guy that Georgie shafted.

Last edited:

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Nikorima is not a halfback and Chanel Harris-Tavita is already streaks ahead of his ability at 5/8th. Why do you think Brisbane are so thankful and laughing at us.

In fact Id put Nikorima into second grade and put Tevaga in ahead of him at ANY position.
He’s the incumbent Kiwis half.....who was man of the match in their last outing so yeah can see why you’d think he’s not a half.
As for Chanel Harris-Tavita already being streaks ahead of him, we all know you have a hard on for Chanel Harris-Tavita, but that’s just a ridiculous statement, and as for Tevaga being ahead of him in any position.... I have no words....

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Nikorima is not a halfback and Chanel Harris-Tavita is already streaks ahead of his ability at 5/8th. Why do you think Brisbane are so thankful and laughing at us.

Sh!t we got some dumb asses in management at this club. Play your best talent regardless of age. Did Cleary get babied into being a 7 pushing a 1st grade pack around?

In fact Id put Nikorima into second grade and put Tevaga in ahead of him at ANY position.

Now SK can play 4 flappn hookers.

Words from my Bris member mouths are, he cant pass, he cant kick, he cant defend, he is slow. Sounds like a quality 5/8th?

Im 99.9% sure I will be proven right on this.

Really wish I could see what you see in Chanel Harris-Tavita- he’s not a bad player and will likely get better but at the moment he is green as shit. Put an experienced half in the team and we would likely have won the last 3 games, it’s not a knock on Chanel Harris-Tavita it’s just he’s still learning and not yet the superstar you seem to think he is. I can see why the Warriors are looking for an experienced half right now- with 1 we could have been in the top 4 with those recent wins that got away

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
Sorry did you misinterpret my post? When I used the word 'we' I was referring to the club. What I would pay for Kodi is irrelevant however what the Warriors need to pay to secure a player mid-season from a club that he is starting for each week will need to be an upgrade on what he's getting now. Also do you have any faith in our recruitment capabilities? I see us paying him a lot more than his current $350k a season.

I think we may be getting him for cheap (if there is any legs to the rumour). If the Broncos don’t want him which has been hinted at. Then they may be happy to offload him mid season rather than running the risk of being stuck with him for next season as well.
If Kodi has been told he’s not going to be re-signed after this contract is up then a longer contract at another club may be an attractive option for him.
There’s a lot of ifs and maybes involved but if his club don’t want him and he doesn’t have other clubs throwing first grade contracts at him then moving here without being paid overs is possible.

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Maybe my memory serves me wrong but didn't Smith say before the season started that we had no interest in Kodi? I wonder if that was just some sort of negotiating tactic, I doubt it though, or we are seven games in and the panic button has been pushed. Green is injured and it may be worse than we are told and they are not happy with our halves. That is obvious when Harris plays halfback.
Smith/POS probably though AK would work out and green wouldnt be injured.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Conspiracy Theory: This is part of a ploy by POS to get his son into first grade either in Brisbane or over here... currently his path in Brisbane is blocked so the first part of the plan is either to get Nikorima to the Warriors to clear the path. The alternative option is to get Brisbane to recommit to Nikorima and then get Sean OS to seek a release before being signed by the Warriors.

:eek:

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
I agree we definitely dont develop our young guys, in fact we dont develop any players in the Club, 99% of the Warriors problem, outside no media or fan pressure not being based in NSW.

Luke is averaging 43 minutes this season and his 50% in FITNESS (just to clarify I dont mean fit as in recovered from surgeory), hence 3 hookers (now 4) per game. Green has been out how long? And he can quite likely reinjure that groin as they are nasty bugger injuries.

Lets not forget we are in this position due to our CEO and the clubs mismanagement of contracts AHEAD of time and then his stupidity with his Mouth, hes meant to be a CEO not a Player, ie lack of all professional integrity shot for good.

Luke doesn't have a contract extension.

When we let Johnson go, I presumed it was to free up $1m plus third parties, that WE stupidly offered him, and then stupidly didnt make him see out this season putting us in this position.

So I presumed we were going to find a 5/8th, then Chanel starts playing and makes Johnson look stupid and like hes played 100 first grade games, as did Herbert on debut.

If we sideline Chanel Harris-Tavita, he is NOT going to develop from learning from Greeny, he will go backward or get signed elsewhere.

My thoughts are we should be signing a quality (in the top 10, not the very bottom, in fact not even a 5/8th) 5/8th on 1-2 year deal with the money we let go of from Johnson and Chanel Harris-Tavita to cover Green, if we dont, we a regressing our roster, not progressing. As well as risking the 2 best halves we have likely had at the club since Stacey Jones. One being an outright 5/8th, Hayze, who is potentially streaks ahead of Johnson at the same age and definitely much bigger (in fact you dont want him growing anymore, or he will lose his speed).

This is Thomas Leuluai signing all over again.

Dont just sign people because we have money, focus on developing our young guns, thats what the good clubs do, in fact thats why Broncos are letting this mug go.

What a waste of money, unless its $100k PA to cover hooker.

We seriously look like we cant manage a piss up in a brewery the way we waste talent and mis manage players by the rest of competition and their fans. Im not going to live this signing down for 3 years. And if we lose Chanel Harris-Tavita or Hayze, I cant be loyal to a club that isnt loyal to its best talent (or any of its talent), and its best Talent is NOT SK or Georgie Porgie. Its like we put 4 coaches in to sit on their lorals and earn some cash and no different on the club management side.

And I think I could do his role as thats what I do for a living. But who would want to CEO a club that cant develop unfair amounts of talent, that we usually let go to get developed and then buy back at a premium. Stupidity, outright.

Am I pissed off? Yes, beyond explainable levels. (not at you Oz, at the clubs management and Coach)
Hey, you need some cool aid, mate! The stuff about no longer having Shaun Johnson, please stop regurgitating this argument, coz that was last year. It’s what we do with where we’re at now that matters.

If Chanel Harris-Tavita is gonna regress thru having less FG games, or if he’s not gonna progress as he should if he was to be our first pick with Greeny, then you’re right, it might be a bad move. Will Chanel Harris-Tavita turn out to be better than Kodi? We just don’t know. Probably, IMO.

If that’s the case, tho, we still have the “who’s gonna partner Chanel Harris-Tavita when Greeny goes down?” issue. After next year that will crystallise for good. If Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita are seen as being/becoming a highly synergistic pairing, then Kodi is a perfect signing for us.

Having said all that, even with our supposedly hopeless halves situation, we nearly won and should have won the Storm match. Embarrassing, yes, but the outcome wasn’t all that bad, eh?

Magic Johnson

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012

Sh!t we got some dumb asses in management at this club. Play your best talent regardless of age. Did Cleary get babied into being a 7 pushing a 1st grade pack around?

Now SK can play 4 flappn hookers.

Words from my Bris member mouths are, he cant pass, he cant kick, he cant defend, he is slow. Sounds like a quality 5/8th?

Im 99.9% sure I will be proven right on this.
I'm not as sold on Chanel Harris-Tavita as you, and it looks as though the club doesn't rate him as highly as you also given they tried to sign Dylan Brown to partner green and also picked a reserve grade centre ahead of him for the opening rounds
he's young but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire imo. yes he's been solid but I think people are getting carried away due to one scorpion kick in an under 20's game.... i'd be happy for him to have to prove he's actually got the goods, at this stage he could be the next Stacey jones or shaun Johnson or he could just as well be the next Tui Lolohea or Ata Hingano.
I don't see him being anywhere near as first grade ready as cleary was, you are completely over hyping him by comparing him to the current SOO winning halfback, there's very few players capable of coming in to first grade and looking as good and comfortable as Cleary did, Cleary was instantly a very good ball player, defender and kicker of the ball, for every Nathan Cleary there's 10 players that don't live up to the hype, players like Hingano, Lolohea, Te maire Martin, Kane Elgey, Sam Williams, Aiden Sezer, Carlos Tuimavave, Jackson hastings, Josh Drinkwater, Jordan Rankin, Albert Kelly

Billy Teets James

Seems somebody is up to slim shady. Why are we signing a utility bench player that another club doesnt want when we cant develop any player? Hes not going to get better at the Warriors, he will regress and put his feet up in the lazyboy after a loss like the rest. No pressure on him living in NZ to pick his game up substantially.

So we are saying Kodi is a better player than Shaun Johnson, thats what that will say if this signing is true. Worriers
No, We are saying Shaun isn't here. So stop crying. Can't do jack shit about the Shaun Johnson situation. So let it go. Also can't do shit about players not wanting to come here.
We should thank our lucky stars Tohu Harris & Roger came here.
If Greens injury is worse than we all think. And he is out long term. Chanel Harris-Tavita is still in his stroller learning to walk, To much pressure to lump on a young man. Has plenty of potential. But he needs some experience next to him. AK out of favour, Also a junior himself. And more of a centre than a 6 or 7.
Kodi may well be the best short term solution if no one else is available.
Even then, Its not about who is available. It's who wants to come here. I'd say, Fuck all at the moment.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
I reckon he is worth a bit more than the $300k the Broncos are giving him but not $500k. So anything in between there I am OK with, anything over then not so much but deperate times call for deperate measures. If we are flush then a front loaded contract ,may be the go but I am not really a fan of them in case someone else comes along.
Anyone new gets me excited, I think yay he will flourish in this new environment but most times they don't.
I am not a smart man though and tend not to learn from past Warriors mistakes so I think the change will be good for KN and he will flourish in this new environment. Go get em.

Reactions: Big_Fattz

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Explain to me again why it would be dumb to sign a proven kiwi half/hooker for the next 2 years on reasonable $?
  1. it won't be for 2 years
  2. it won't be for reasonable money
Overs on both. It's not like he's coming home on the cheap because he is homesick, he grew up in Australia.

Proven kiwi half? What other options were there when we received his kiwi caps? It's like saying Siliva Havili would be a great pickup because he played for NZ.

#batteredwifementality

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Based on that highlights reel (thats the bits hes done good over his career, not the bad bits which far outweigh the highlights) we just signed a sub par Kata

He doesnt step, he swerves and he runs over people. Hence why hes used as a utility hooker impact player. And hence why the Broncos want him gone and are likely willing to pay him to leave.

Runs outside the 20 long distance. He has 3 in his highlights reel. 2 of which he gets tackled as he cant step.

Now lets compare that highlights reel to his guy that Georgie shafted.

CG shafted the 2018 Shaun Johnson not the 2014 version as per the highlights reel. There was a big difference - especially when it came to running the ball......

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
No, We are saying Shaun isn't here. So stop crying. Can't do jack shit about the Shaun Johnson situation. So let it go. Also can't do shit about players not wanting to come here.
We should thank our lucky stars Tohu Harris & Roger came here.
If Greens injury is worse than we all think. And he is out long term. Chanel Harris-Tavita is still in his stroller learning to walk,

Firstly Im not crying over Johnson, Im saying we are replacing him with Kodi. STUPIDITY at a level beyond any Warriors move ever.

secondly Chanel Harris-Tavita doesnt need a stroller, hes handling himself like GOOD young halves do new to first grade, they handle the pressure and the slight increase in opposition. In fact hes gone beyond that, hes been our best player 2 of the 3 losses hes played in and his Debut was a winner. Its not his fault the coach chose Ayshford who dropped the ball over the line from a good offload.

Its not his fault some of his Team mates played like absolute muppets on offense and then momentum swings and then on defense, hes at 91% tackle efficiency and Kicking goals like a pro. Oh he is a pro.

He will regress in 2nd grade but will improve in 1st grade learning the trade of half back which is what he is while he plays a "half" role at 5/8th. (I so wish people wouldnt think they are the same role and interchangable in most cases)

Thats what the 18yo the Broncos want to bring on to replace Kodi will do.

CG shafted the 2018 Shaun Johnson not the 2014 version as per the highlights reel. There was a big difference - especially when it came to running the ball......

Yep true. So what you do is, you sit down ahead of time and renegotiate and explain why, like I said above if you bothered to read. You dont act like an unprofessional muppet and get in a public row simply because a player doesnt know where he is at while everyone else is on holiday as he comes back from representing his country. So just read what I wrote about how you handle players who still have the skills but are losing the focus. And to be fair Shaun Johnson carried this club at a very young age for a very long time.

Reactions: nhl capitals

nhl capitals

Warriors Bench Player
Mar 12, 2016
Firstly Im not crying over Johnson, Im saying we are replacing him with Kodi. STUPIDITY at a level beyond any Warriors move ever.

secondly Chanel Harris-Tavita doesnt need a stroller, hes handling himself like GOOD young halves do new to first grade, they handle the pressure and the slight increase in opposition. In fact hes gone beyond that, hes been our best player 2 of the 3 losses hes played in and his Debut was a winner. Its not his fault the coach chose Ayshford who dropped the ball over the line from a good offload.

Its not his fault some of his Team mates played like absolute muppets on offense and then momentum swings and then on defense, hes at 91% tackle efficiency and Kicking goals like a pro. Oh he is a pro.

He will regress in 2nd grade but will improve in 1st grade learning the trade of half back which is what he is while he plays a "half" role at 5/8th. (I so wish people wouldnt think they are the same role and interchangable in most cases)

Thats what the 18yo the Broncos want to bring on to replace Kodi will do.

Yep true. So what you do is, you sit down ahead of time and renegotiate and explain why, like I said above if you bothered to read. You dont act like an unprofessional muppet and get in a public row simply because a player doesnt know where he is at while everyone else is on holiday as he comes back from representing his country. So just read what I wrote about how you handle players who still have the skills but are losing the focus. And to be fair Shaun Johnson carried this club at a very young age for a very long time.
& that's why other coaches are looking at him with intrest

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Nikorima is a better half than what we currently have so I’d welcome him here.

Chanel Harris-Tavita - still young and would be in reserve grade at most other clubs. It is cruel on the kid to expect him to step up

Green - injury means that we’ll probably only play 50% of games this year

AK - not in the running now

Tohu Harris/ Hiku- shouldn’t be considered for 6.

Perhaps they’ve tried to secure Moses, Brooks etc , with no luck. We’re desperate for success so he is the best option .

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Seems somebody is up to slim shady. Why are we signing a utility bench player that another club doesnt want when we cant develop any player? Hes not going to get better at the Warriors, he will regress and put his feet up in the lazyboy after a loss like the rest. No pressure on him living in NZ to pick his game up substantially.

So we are saying Kodi is a better player than Shaun Johnson, thats what that will say if this signing is true. Worriers
Why does everyone keep talking Shaun Johnson in the recruitment thread, hes gone, it was his choice. Can we let it die. Or do we need to compare any player to him every time someone is mentioned.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings