the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Can understand him enacting his option, sounds like a get in first before I lose out all together decision. As I doubt if another club will have him.
Is this good for the team? Not a Kodi hater but the Q is... with the forward pack and a stable backline can he get us into the finals and can he take us all the way? POS I guess, had to be positive in his statement; no other choice really.
To me the jurys still out.. it seems he'd be better in the Super league than NRL

Reactions: Swanley and tajhay

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Can understand him enacting his option, sounds like a get in first before I lose out all together decision. As I doubt if another club will have him.
I agree. The problem for the Warriors is, who can they attract. Whilst Kodi has clearly not lived up to expectations of improvements at 5/8th, they clearly werent close to signing a marquee 5/8th at this point. Aside from Shaun Johnson that is, which Id have taken in a heart beat over Kodi, but not sure what the real deal is there.

Either way, Warriors have heaps of options once Chanel Harris-Tavita returns, for me the preference would be Kodi to play off the bench as small power forward, Walsh to play 6, Turner also shows hes got the speed we need. The problem is we dont have the halves right now getting the ball to the right places and both Sean O'Sullivan and Kodi are pretty dodgy with the 5th tackle option and Kodi has a terrible bomb. Im much happier seeing the Warriors run the ball when 30 out on the last than Kodi putting up the same bomb that goes 10m and never ends up in a result.

I think he definitely took the option before the Warriors got closer to somebody of much higher quality and consistency. I think for Kodi it was his only option, for the Warriors, I think we could have released him and waited for a better option or reshuffle of the 5/8th option, of which, Hayze is the only listed 5/8th on the team page. I expect we will lose him and Turner with this resigning, unless Kodi is used as the bench utility that he is best suited for.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Paying the price for the contracts given out under the past regime.

Cant blame him for taking the option - its not his fault. No other club would pay him what hes on. Best suited as an interchange hooker.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Paying the price for the contracts given out under the past regime.

Cant blame him for taking the option - its not his fault. No other club would pay him what hes on. Best suited as an interchange hooker.
He hasn't been playing as if it's contract year that's for sure. Hopefully with Chanel Harris-Tavita coming back he starts to feel the pressure.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I am ok with it.

In market terms we are paying him close to what he is worth as a starting spine player. He has quite a good boot in general play, short game especially.

He doesn't turn over possession with shit service to other players like some of our past halves.

He will possibly be quite useful when the focus shifts to Walsh.

He is a good utilility player in a 17.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Yes exactly. I dont think Walsh is the sort that is going to wait for Kodi to provide holes or broken player, he will inject himself. 2 try assists first game is a good effort

Kodi is a placemarker, its obvious we are looking for a high quality 6, but I do find Shaun Johnson for only $800k just because a couple of players didnt like him getting so much attention and winning games is a piss poor reason not to take the deal. Im not sure who else would touch the Warriors? Unless Gould has another "Walsh" trick up is sleeve for both the 6 and 9 roles.

Reactions: jmb_31 and Sup42

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
I am ok with it.

In market terms we are paying him close to what he is worth as a starting spine player. He has quite a good boot in general play, short game especially.

He doesn't turn over possession with shit service to other players like some of our past halves.

He is a good utilility player in a 17.
I don't doubt his ability to play RL, he has shown it in a bunch of games he has all the tools. Just seems as though he goes through the motions far too often. Would seem it's near impossible to get a more consistent fire lit under him. As others have said, not fussed on the one year given what we can realistically attract halves wise.

Bring back the Iro dollars for runs perk system I reckon.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
That try from Brandon Smith hitting the line at speed, is exactly what I could see Kodi doing.

He could easily pickup the 9 role and make it his own at the Warrors. We need speed out of the ruck, and or somebody catching the Defense broken due to blasting out of dummy half creating multiple hokes for somebody like to Walsh to continuously be backing up, similar to Papenhausen is always behind Brandon Smith/Harry Grant.

But he doesnt want to play the position. That is where somebody like J Hughes for the storm went from FB and worked hard to become running 5/8th and highly effective. We need players who will perform at whatever position they are given, not guys who will have a sulk if hes told they want him to perform with speed at dummy half. It is what it is, I get the feeling this is what will occur as it solves 2 birds with 1 replacement. Somebody like Shaun Johnson to 6 and somehow getting Kodi in the mood to see how amazing the 9 role can be and how good he could be at it. Princess players like Shaun Johnson and Kodi are all about how you sell them something rather than insulting their precious egos. Not easy.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
He'd make a great 14....
Yes he could. But he doesnt want to. But he could easily make the starting 9 if he put some effort into transition. I really dont know how they will handle it when it happens, but if we need a quality 6 and 9 and Kodi could be a quality 9 with some training, then Shaun Johnson or similar into 6 would save a lot of money and be an easy quality fix. Sigh, lets see how it pans out.

Reactions: CHURCUZ

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
We need to think about the future and get rid of this driftwood, 10 years of Walsh in our team is just the start, we need more young Aussies to give us a legacy like the Storm did with their young superstars

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Wtf happened in the Titans Broncos game. I went to bed with the Titans up 20 nil after about 15 minutes. There structure in attack was awesome and the broncos looked clueless... but just checked and the Broncos won???

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Highly impressed with the Storm. My pick for the premiership again. They are a team on another level playing a different uptempo game to everyone else.

You look at the physical conditioning of the players and they must be one of the leanest teams in the competition. Built like sprinters where most teams condition their players with bulk to handle the physicality. They play so light and fast yet don’t get the injuries because it’s not a high impact game plan.

4/8 games this season their attack has cracked 40+ points. They are built to steamroll teams in the second half as they fatigue them with their speed. Yes they are still messy on the ground in defence but exciting to watch from an athletic perspective.

The leaders again in the next evolution of the sport and the leaders in really condition their players to the new rules. Bellamy does it again.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
I don't doubt his ability to play RL, he has shown it in a bunch of games he has all the tools. Just seems as though he goes through the motions far too often. Would seem it's near impossible to get a more consistent fire lit under him. As others have said, not fussed on the one year given what we can realistically attract halves wise.

Bring back the Iro dollars for runs perk system I reckon.
Yeah I find he's too easy to shut down if you are the opposing defense. I think that's the problem. If he sees no gaps in the defense, he has no idea what to do to open it up. There are plays you need to accomplish in tackles 1-3/4 that set up that option to take the line on but doesn't seem to manage the game that way.

Either he's not being fed the ball enough to create the opportunity, he's not demanding the ball or he just has no idea. He is the senior half in a very young spine. He needs to do this or make way for someone who can actually do the role so he can move to the bench.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings