FuNQie

FuNQie

How was Kodi only on like $150k after being at the club for over a decade? that surely doesn't sound right..no wonder the Roosters and Broncos get away with murder in the cap.
He wasn’t, by all accounts it was 250k.

But.....if you’re an up and coming and very talented NRL player, there could easily be 2 choices for you. Do you go to a big name club, where you’ll be part of a provenly successful team, but you might not get the biggest pay packet? Or do you go for the money alone, to a team that had to pay overs to get you there, where success in the comp might come, if they can all get it together, but just as likely, or even more likely, might not.

Reactions: 1 user

JaggedJ

He signed his last contract as a backup hooker, he ended up becoming a fulltime half and international.

Having said that Broncos fans liked to claim Lockyer was only on 400k.

Paper bags ya'll

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Nikorima off to fast start with Warriors
Corey Rosser
NRL.com
Wed 8 May 2019, 01:01 PM

Warriors skipper Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has praised new signing Kodi Nikorima for the way he has started life at the Warriors, saying the playmaker is already adding plenty to the club's training sessions.

Tuivasa-Sheck said the 13-Test Kiwi wasted little time in making his mark, as the club looks to halt a four-gaming losing streak which has them languishing in 12th position on the NRL Telstra Premiership ladder.
"The boys are loving the energy he's bringing. He's dived straight into it and is happy to be here… the session he had today was awesome," Tuivasa-Sheck said.
"We are pretty excited to have him on board. He's got mean speed on him.
"Just a bit of experience, that's the main thing we lost with Shaun [Johnson] going… we were just missing a bit of game awareness and experience, and that's what Kodi has."

Nikorima will slot into the number six jersey for the Warriors, joining Blake Green in the halves at the expense of rookie Chanel Harris-Tavita.

Coach Stephen Kearney said Nikorima was this week receiving a crash course on the club's attacking strategy, while making sure he was on the same page as Green and Tuivasa-Sheck.
"Over the course of the last few days it's been up-speeding him on our process and what we want from him," Kearney said.
"It's about coordinating things with 'Greeny' [Blake Green] and 'Rodg' [Tuivasa-Sheck].
"You saw today [Kodi] adds a bit to the team, just with regards to the speed he comes on to the ball with and pressure that he puts on the defensive line.
"He's a pretty confident character, if you ask him he will tell you that he'll get the job done."

Meanwhile despite neither having kicked a goal at NRL level before, the goalkicking responsibilities for Saturday's match look set to fall to either Nikorima or rookie centre Patrick Herbert.
The pair both kicked at the end of Wednesday's training session, while Tohu Harris all but ruled himself out as a candidate.
"If you ask [Kodi], he's said he's going to be kicking for goal, so he's not short on confidence," Kearney said.
"[But] Patrick is a pretty capable goalkicker, so we will see what happens."

It sounds like he's having an impact on the squad, and that they will follow him around the park. This is a good sign for a halfback.

That’s says more about our training sessions than it does about NK

What happened to the great Corvo?

Are the boys back in bro mode? looks like it on the field.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
fizurg

fizurg

He signed his last contract as a backup hooker, he ended up becoming a fulltime half and international.

Having said that Broncos fans liked to claim Lockyer was only on 400k.

Paper bags ya'll

Apparently Corey Parker was only on $350k per season. We really need to get the team an organization like the thoroughbreds.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
hat’s says more about our training sessions than it does about NK

What happened to the great Corvo?

Are the boys back in bro mode? looks like it on the field.
I think that goes for most of both squads. They have the sulks for some reason.
Coach Stephen Kearney said Nikorima was this week receiving a crash course on the club's attacking strategy
There you go, it is official, we have an attacking strategy. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
gpred

gpred

Contributor
Glad we could get the win in Kodi's first game so that he didn't get that what the fuck am I doing with my life feeling that many of those who cross the ditch and play their first game for the Warriors must get.

I think we benefited from his running to the line. Centers and wingers hitting it at pace as a result is great to see. A welcome change from the backfoot backline that the likes of Kata are a master of. Why Shaun Johnson doesn't take it to the line more like this, I may never understand.

One win doesn't make a season though. We need to continue on a path of improvement.

jonno

jonno

When was the last time the boys amped up at the end of a tight game and ran away with it?

That was classic 2002 warriors, cruise mode for the first 20, and then open up as the game progresses.

Was it Kodi saying he was a massive fan of the 2002 warriors that sparked them back to life? And considering he's now working with Stacy Jones, his childhood hero, hopefully his enthusiasm infects the whole club!

I'm not going to call him Stacy 2.0 just yet. But I might in the near future..........

Reactions: 1 user

Old Sid

Just love what Kodi is saying in the press about his love for the club....from way back. Can't be bad at all. Genuinely seems very pleased to be here.

Go ahead synics...relate it to salary increase. Perhaps it just reflects his real value. I for one was surprised that he was only on $250k at Broncs (incentives under the table or not) and likely felt he was taking the long term view, only to get dissed by the new coach on the block. Step up Kodi, your da man now... show us what you can do.

Reactions: 5 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

he was solid, but I wouldn't over-hype him to the point he's a Stacey jones or Shaun Johnson god-like player.

but good outing last night.

good foundation to build on.

Reactions: 4 users
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

Kodi has a bomb and some field kicking from the internationals, not sure why he wasn't an option. Put Ken away a bit.

His distribution was great, didn't notice anyone needing to stop to get his passes in set pieces.