Geoff Public

It's our year, yeah, yeah.
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
Kodi brings 86 games experience playing in game management positions. This weekend Issac was our only experienced game mananger and while he is giving it his all he looks pretty banged up. We need a fit experienced player and if not Kodi then who? Next year Kodi will be 26 and should have reached that magic hundred games where players say it all starts to click. In theory we would be getting the best of him.
On a seperate note, if the Broncos are parting with Kodi and Jimmy the Jet, then they may be going shopping for a player too

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
I feel sorry for Chanel Harris-Tavita if he’s going to be dropped for KN to take a halves spot. I can’t imagine they’d drop Green if he’s fit. I feel this might be detrimental to Chanel Harris-Tavita’s development as a player. The kid has done everything asked of him. His running game has had to take a back seat while he was burdened with the chief playmakers role. But overall he’s shown potential & maturity. He needs time & guidance in first grade from the coaching staff.
AK must be on the outer with SK. A tad unfair given how SK loves to stand by his players when he chooses to.
If SK decides to use KN as a bench player then where does that leave Lawton & Roache? The departure lounge could get busy real soon.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I dont think they need to change much about the forwards, they need 1 or 2 big men in there. Paasi, Pulu, Afoa, Harris, Burr and Papalii all look good enough to keep. If you put a Klemmer, Burgess, Napa or Fifita type player in there it adds the missing dimension of size and physicality to the forwards. .
Or if you take out one small bench forward who gets big minutes each week
We might get some domination

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Kodi brings 86 games experience playing in game management positions. This weekend Issac was our only experienced game mananger and while he is giving it his all he looks pretty banged up. We need a fit experienced player and if not Kodi then who? Next year Kodi will be 26 and should have reached that magic hundred games where players say it all starts to click. In theory we would be getting the best of him.
On a seperate note, if the Broncos are parting with Kodi and Jimmy the Jet, then they may be going shopping for a player too
I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos are after someone or looking to just free up money in their cap. I'm picking the recruitment market will be busier this year with so many clubs having new coaches who will want to improve the squads they have inherited from the previous coaching regime. We would be naive thinking we are cashed up and going to get a lot of quality without much competition.

My thoughts are we are short of another experienced half, an edge back rower and we need to get some speed in the side as we don't look like scoring from long range.

Nikorima helps with the halves stocks and adds some speed to the squad. He's probably quicker over shorter distances but that will still help.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This stinks of Issac Moses

Both of these Twitter posts you posted match some of the articles which sound confusing. Nikorima knows nothing about it, the Broncos haven't heard anything. I've seen the Warriors are preparing to make an offer then reports it's close to a done deal.

The thing with recruitment when coaches,players etc discuss rumours there are a lot of mistruths with it as people play things close to their chests in case the move falls through and they need to stay where they are or it helps while they are trying to push up their price.

What I'm saying is I have no bloody clue if this is close or will be in the news for a few days and fizzle out.

Reactions: bruce

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Nikorima is supposedly on around $350k at the Broncos and with it being nearly May, they'd only be freeing up around $175k of salary cap across the rest of the 2019 season. That doesn't suggest a heap of upside for the Broncos to release him early although if some of it can be used to help keep Pangai then perhaps they'd go with it. I'm sure the Warriors would be offering a LOT more than $350k per season!

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I'm sure the Warriors would be offering a LOT more than $350k per season!
Yep. "Lucrative" offer.

Hypothetical below:
Kodi "Weren't you guys prepared to pay 600k per season for a player yet to play first grade"
Warriors "yes..."
Kodi " you do realise I'm the current NZ halfback right"
Warriors "pretty please? Play nice. You have the same agent as SK, Blair, Green etc. We practically family"
Kodi "Well if you paid those guys that much....im sure you guys will make same mistakes again....show me the money"

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
This is a great move. We need the help.

Chanel Harris-Tavita is looking like he's got the goods, but is still under cooked and needs another couple of years before he is going to properly control games..

What's Nikorimas defense like? What's his work rate off the ball like?

Last edited:
Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Yep. "Lucrative" offer.

Hypothetical below:
Kodi "Weren't you guys prepared to pay 600k per season for a player yet to play first grade"
Warriors "yes..."
Warriors "pretty please? Play nice. You have the same agent as SK, Blair, Green etc. We practically family"
Kodi "Well if you paid those guys that much....im sure you guys will make same mistakes again....show me the money"
What would you guess we offer him? I reckon around $700k - there goes a majority of your surplus salary cap. Lets hope he can rediscover his form from late last year.

Reactions: bruce

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Yep. "Lucrative" offer.

Hypothetical below:
Warriors "yes..."
Warriors, (Brian Smith ) you do realise your new coach doesn’t really believe in you and it won’t be long until you become a super sub and not a starter., and that’s only if the Broncs don’t run a full forward rotation otherwise it’s back to Q Cup..... now come here and give me a hug, ..Cameron pass me the pen for Kodi to sign his contract ..😜

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
What would you guess we offer him? I reckon around $700k - there goes a majority of your surplus salary cap. Lets hope he can rediscover his form from late last year.

So with the fact that he has been on the market for the last 6 months, his team is 2 &5, there is constant scrutiny about his role, and there are youngsters ready to take his place you would double his salary?

I'll come work for you

Magic Johnson

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
the signing makes sense imo, he's not a halfback but that's what we pay Blake green for, Nikorima can play 5/8 until someone(Perham, or Chanel Harris-Tavita) is ready and out plays him, that probably won't be until at least a years time.
If he's no longer the best 5/8 then he'll be a handy hooker option for 2020 onwards especially when you consider our other options

Luke is unsigned and suffering quite a few injuries lately
Roache struggles to get through 5 games of footy a year
Tevanga isn't a hooker
Lawton is unsigned and is a decent depth option but in reality he's a reserve grader

ozmaverick

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 28, 2018
Please tell me we havnt signed Kodi. Another off the bench impact hooker, oh SK can play 4 hookers now.

If he plays 6 he will take Hayze out who will sign elsewhere.

There is a reason he Broncos play him off the bench and dont want him. Cant run, cant pass, cant kick, cant tackle (from Broncos members mouths)

Just NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. 3 year deal at $100?PA better bloody be. Yay another Tevaga off the bench, SK can play 4 now.

If the do, fire the CEO, idiots.

We can't retain everyone, and truth is there are clubs who develop young talent better than us.

Based on your current position one can only assume that you'd be demanding the CEO's head if Luke/Green had a season ending injury and we hadn't signed any experienced players.

Best you get your resume ready, as it sounds like you know exactly how the job is to be done.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I don't see that they have any choice other than to try get Kodi.

Clearly there is no one else.

When a team is running forwards and centers in the halves . . . if it were an Aussie team, they would snap up a replacement straight away.

I don't believe in the overs suggestion, if that were even remotely true they would have thrown it at him last year in haste.

The Warriors have been patient, and unlucky at the same time. They would even be better off with Milford right now than no one.

What happens if Chanel Harris-Tavita goes down? Who will drive to Mt Smart to watch Tohu Harris and AK playing halves? or Perham? the club will look like a joke if that happens.

Like I say if this were any of the Aussie teams they would buy a patch over IMMEDIATELY

Kodi and Green would be great.

Kodi and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as two genuine running threats would be devastating double teaming like Kodi and Shaun Johnson.

Remember when the Storm signed Ben Roberts?

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings