Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
He's a good 6, but if he's our replacement for Green I'm not sure that Chanel Harris-Tavita has the kicking game to make it work. The coaching side would probably only want Chanel Harris-Tavita to get reduced NRL time this season to ease him in, so I'm not concerned about him wanting out, especially with old boy Green as our number 1 half.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

6 Niko
7 Green

9 Luke

That's a good upgrade on paper.

We also need to remember Luke could well be leaving at the end of this season, Niko could be seen as a replacement for him.

EseEse was on $400-$500 at the Knights I'm pretty sure, so wouldn't be cheap. I rate him though, would be a beast at 13.

Billy Teets James

Not sure how I feel about this. Im all good if he is filling in @6 this year, & is our Mr Fixit on the bench long-term. With Luke on his last legs, Roache always injured. Even starting at 9 next year I'd be happy with. Just not sure about him in the halves.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Whatever the criticism of Nikorima he is an international, has genuine speed off the mark and has to be watched by a defence. All that will help our outside backs. What worries me is goalkicking so maybe Keighran will become more valuable if Green is as bad as it seems. This poster said as much when his groin was first mentioned.

Do you think he would pair well with Chanel Harris-Tavita? I don't really buy into the need to have one running and one organising half, but would be interested in your thoughts on that pairing, if it eventuates.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Honestly, we could sign Ronald McDonald for all I care at this point.

I just want to see our attack back.
Actually our attack isn't that far off the mark.

This is quite an even competition and if it wasn't for the refs we had the Storm last Thursday. We had their big guys under real pressure.

Our outside backs are as good as it gets. What we lost with Shaun Johnson, and Lino (may I add) was a half that had to be watched like a hawk. Blake Green is not in that category which has put a lot of pressure on Chanel Harris-Tavita.

Much has been made of the comparison of Shaun Johnson and Chanel Harris-Tavita in his first season, but consider the talent and experience Shaun Johnson (e.g. Maloney, Berrigan and Seymour) had in the halves with him that season compared with what Chanel Harris-Tavita has right now.

Apart from goalkicking I am happy as long as they don't pay overs.

Reactions: Vancent and James W

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Nikorima is only a good signing if he is playing alongside a fit Green for around the 400-450k mark,
I doubt Green will be at full fitness again this season. If they bring him back he will be breaking down continually with that injury, and he certainly won't be fast off the mark.

Reactions: gREVUS

James W

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2013
Actually our attack isn't that far off the mark.

This is quite an even competition and if it wasn't for the refs we had the Storm last Thursday. We had their big guys under real pressure.

Our outside backs are as good as it gets. What we lost with Shaun Johnson, and Lino (may I add) was a half that had to be watched like a hawk. Blake Green is not in that category which has put a lot of pressure on Chanel Harris-Tavita.

Much has been made of the comparison of Shaun Johnson and Chanel Harris-Tavita in his first season, but consider the talent and experience Shaun Johnson (e.g. Maloney, Berrigan and Seymour) had in the halves with him that season compared with what Chanel Harris-Tavita has right now.

Apart from goalkicking I am happy as long as they don't pay overs.

Yeah, see I think I'm just a bit funny about the whole offence situation at the moment.

I just doesn't feel like it had the xfactor it used to. However, I'm probably just remembering things being more exciting than they actually were..

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Do you think he would pair well with Chanel Harris-Tavita? I don't really buy into the need to have one running and one organising half, but would be interested in your thoughts on that pairing, if it eventuates.
I rate Chanel Harris-Tavita more highly than some others here. For all the talk Shaun Johnson was an ordinary "organising" half. Also we have the best full back in the game behind him to help him along.

Personally I think Nikorima will help take pressure off Chanel Harris-Tavita as an attacking force, which hopefully will give them both time to be "organisers". I rated Shaun Johnson the best international half last season, Nikorima wasn't far behind him, and neither are "organisers".

I repeat, they also need a goalkicker so they had better not let Keighran go.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah, see I think I'm just a bit funny about the whole offence situation at the moment.

I just doesn't feel like it had the xfactor it used to. However, I'm probably just remembering things being more exciting than they actually were..
Jungle ball is dead and buried under Kearney, but the skills are there. Sure Nikorima isn't a Cronk or Pearce, but he has a lot of good attributes including speed through a gap. With our outside backs that might make a big difference on attack.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
When it first came out I was happy with it. And of the day Green doesn't have much left in him so I wouldn't stress about the fact he will block young potential. That us SK job haha

Reactions: Sup42

Samo

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Gold Coast, Queensland
He's a good 6, but if he's our replacement for Green I'm not sure that Chanel Harris-Tavita has the kicking game to make it work. The coaching side would probably only want Chanel Harris-Tavita to get reduced NRL time this season to ease him in, so I'm not concerned about him wanting out, especially with old boy Green as our number 1 half.

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

6 Niko
7 Green

9 Luke

That's a good upgrade on paper.

We also need to remember Luke could well be leaving at the end of this season, Niko could be seen as a replacement for him.

EseEse was on $400-$500 at the Knights I'm pretty sure, so wouldn't be cheap. I rate him though, would be a beast at 13.

Brian Smith on Radio Sport yesterday said in the perfect world Chanel Harris-Tavita would only play a handful of NRL games this season to get experience so maybe that is where we are heading with this signing, with the thought he will eventually replace Greeny

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Interesting that the media is also saying that James Roberts has played his last game for the Broncos and is on his way to Souths.

Reactions: bruce

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013

Good point. Filling our void in the halves for this year and then bench hooker for the next couple would be awesome. You want your bench to have players that break games open and he is that against tired opposition.

He could be a great signing if signed as a hooker-first utility from next year on.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings