Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Been pondering this, does Robinson still have the contempt against Issac moses and won’t pick up his players? Or does he trust McFadden and Webster’s judgment? There’s a Barnett link from the knights, Barnett also rents his house out in Newcastle. I’d pick up his contract with tigers contributing $200-$300k a season. Signed until 2025 with a mutual option in 2026. Would be someone with a good work ethic to instill into the young guys. I could get on board with a Klemmer, BHU front row pairing. Tigers will be looking to lock up Utoikamanu.
We can never go back to Moses players - wasn't Lodge a Moses player?

I find it strange people don’t rate Klemmer- not just on here but the nrl community as a whole- maybe I’m missing something but it’s got me beat how they don’t pick him for origin anymore- his stats are top 5.
Doesn’t help he’s never played in a winning team I suppose.
He's also one of those guys that were so highly rated as a junior/ rookie that it was always gonna be hard to live up to the hype.
He’s no mug though- I think he’d be a great leader for our younger forwards.

Aussie fans often joke about the calls the Warriors get.

Along the lines of "Coz Warriors" or "the only mob that get cheated worse than us".

Some on here refuse to acknowledge we get a tough time from the officials, some moral high ground argument. Well goody for them, maybe the Aussie Jesus will resurrect them in his thongs.

We get a lot of sympathy from the neutrals. It is the reason they quickly adopt the Warriors as a second team, they know we never get special treatment.

My experience of watching the NRL is that in the early days of the Warriors, there was a blatant bias, we were the foreigners and frankly inferior, never to be allowed to win against the darling sides.

Some of the Aussie refs would scowl when we scored, and grin when the opposition scored.

There was an incident in a game Ali Lauitiiti was punched in the face. The Ref sent him off, because the Ref did not see what happened, so had to choose someone, and picked on Ali....who had a bloody nose.

I have written about this many times, because it is significant in the history of the Warriors and Australian Refs.

Basically the Ref was caught out laughing about his error.....he did not know his mic was on.

That Ref was dropped and phased out of the comp and the the Warriors threatened legal action behind closed doors (according to two reputable NRL figures).

After that the blatant bias ended. And we got what we have today, unconscious bias.

To be fair to the Refs, this unconscious bias is complicated when it comes to the Warriors imo.

They will objectively Ref the Warriors when they are playing well and winning more than they lose, the Refs do this to all teams (apart from the pets, more on that in a bit). When we have a year like last year, or 2018 the Refs start to let us win our share of fifty fifties.

Only problem is when we play the pet teams we get a hard time from the Refs, as does everyone outside the elite two sides in the comp any given season.

And if you do not understand unconscious bias folks then you have not been watching the Storm Raping us on ANZAC day for a life time while being Ref fkd.

And if you were not around to see the Ali Ref gate send off, then you only have to look at the CEO of our sponsor putting the Refs on notice and how the NRL cleaned its act up.

The shit is real.
I’ve always been of the opinion that the refs get a harder time than they deserve by fans and that all fans believe their team is the hardest done by. But I do admit that some of the calls last season really did convince me that the Warriors were getting hard done by. I think the team playing well helped to highlight it. The team got a lot more attention last season so things like that weren’t as easy to sweep under the rug.

I’ve always been of the opinion that the refs get a harder time than they deserve by fans and that all fans believe their team is the hardest done by. But I do admit that some of the calls last season really did convince me that the Warriors were getting hard done by. I think the team playing well helped to highlight it. The team got a lot more attention last season so things like that weren’t as easy to sweep under the rug.
The Sifakula sin bin was the main wtf decision I remember last year, although I suppose it might have looked like he was taking swing at Nathan Christ.

I find it strange people don’t rate Klemmer- not just on here but the nrl community as a whole- maybe I’m missing something but it’s got me beat how they don’t pick him for origin anymore- his stats are top 5.
He's also one of those guys that were so highly rated as a junior/ rookie that it was always gonna be hard to live up to the hype.
Could pretty much guarentee you if he was picked up by the club and was rolling out those sort of stats there would be a mass call around here for hall of famer/dally m/statue erected in club foyer......would be wrapped if we got him once Addin goes.

Yeah, I don't know what it is for me. Stats are very good, like you say, top 5. It's just something about him just doesn't gel with me. Maybe it's the things you mention - highly rated junior, teams he has played for etc.

Would be intriguingto see him in a Warriors jersey though I must admit. I'm sure if it happens my views would almost be instantly changed

Could pretty much guarentee you if he was picked up by the club and was rolling out those sort of stats there would be a mass call around here for hall of famer/dally m/statue erected in club foyer......would be wrapped if we got him once Addin goes.
Oh yeah he'd be David klemwah before u knew it.
I’d much prefer him to taumalolo tbh.

Yeah couldn't agree more, a few months ago I mentioned his name here and a few people scoffed and I was thinking shiet, show me a prop under 700k with those numbers that's available now....there's none! Hence why BHU is looking more and more attractive at 750k.
Would take Klem at 800k for 2 years over BHU in a heart beat

Yeah couldn't agree more, a few months ago I mentioned his name here and a few people scoffed and I was thinking shiet, show me a prop under 700k with those numbers that's available now....there's none! Hence why BHU is looking more and more attractive at 750k.
Would take Klem at 800k for 2 years over BHU in a heart beat
I remember you mentioning it and was only unsure of the issac moses link, that’s still an unknown. Certainly still has plenty to offer.

Tough guy with his own style of running, no one does the hit and spin like him then leg drive.

If his knee injury behaves he would be a great signing. We got away with chronic knee in Tohu's case....it can be done.

Thing I like about Klemmer is he gets hunted by the opposition middles, and when he gets smashed he gets straight up and starts pushing and shoving guys around like an agro kient.

Props like Klemmer have certainly gone out of fashion. The one dimensional hit up prop started to lose value as soon as the rules changed and the game sped up.
When you look at the good forward packs their players can all be involved in the opposition red zone as they can both pass and run.
Klemmer lost his SOO spot for that reason

I think the game got too fast for him. Stats like run metres are very deceptive. I’d rather have a player punching out 80m but bending the line and having quick play of the ball, rather than 130m of slow play of the ball. Also tackle efficiency i belive is just a completed tackle, doesn’t take into account the dominance. Stats also don’t show how long it takes a player to get back into the line after a tackle, lateral movement etc etc