NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

More and more - I can see CHT claiming the 6 - not sure if that will be round one or not though. Gives us a more natural second kicking option and a left footer. He is also the best defender or the 3 options - which is a big tick for Webster. However, if Metcalf signs on here - then maybe he will get the first crack.

Prior to CHT going on his sabbatical, the club had put a lot time into him. He’s been around the Warriors for years and always been in rep age group teams and seemed the obvious successor to SJ, I wonder if that’s in the clubs thinking again?

He will be a success. That writer also didn’t include Barnett in the 17. He will also be wrong about not having Ford starting and Niukore as a middle. Question marks over Bunty and Metcalf too.

More and more - I can see CHT claiming the 6 - not sure if that will be round one or not though. Gives us a more natural second kicking option and a left footer. He is also the best defender of the 3 options - which is a big tick for Webster. However, if Metcalf signs on here - then maybe he will get the first crack.
Hi Loved this post.
Can you elaborate on Capewell?

Going over all teams predicted lineups, new year, clean slate. Doggies could surprise and make the 8, Eels could be top 4 or bottom 4, Manly easily make the 8 with injury luck. If a few teams like the Cows show improvement and we don't get as many wins then we're no guarantee of finals. Looks like everyone has a shot at humiliation by Penrith in the GF except Dragons and Tigers.

Hi Loved this post.
Can you elaborate on Capewell?
Cape well has been to grand finals with The Sharks and won, Penrith and Broncos and lost. Any player going to 3 grand finals with three different clubs and is a State of Origin rep has a truck load of know-how to pass on…. Both in why they got over the line and why they didn’t. He is also a leader and versatile where he can play. He has played origin in the back row and centre. Furthermore, he chose to come to us now rather than stay his final year at the Broncos who were clearly one of the top two teams last year and odds on to win it this year. Forget the security of a 3 year contract - (Yes that is in the equation) but he would have got a decent contract elsewhere next year…. So he must strongly believe we are a real threat to win it this year (2024) and beyond…. Some players want trophies more than others - he has had success everywhere! 2nd place is still success just not the champion. He will train the house down and help lead our young up and coming edge forwards through his work ethic, training habits and knowledge. Finally… being named Capewah… he is in our destiny! ;)

Screenshot_2024-01-04-16-25-13-85_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

1. Eels
2. Broncos
3. Panthers
4. Storm
5. Warriors
6. Roosters
7. Titans
8. Dolphins
9. Sharks
10. Knights
11. Rabbitohs
12. Sea Eagles
13. Cowboys
14. Raiders
15. Bulldogs
16. Tigers
17. Dragons
I genuinely feel terrible for those injured Dragons players. Since I posted this the Dragons have had nothing but bad luck and trouble which has them scrambling for depth particularly in the halves.

On the plus side, I guess it bodes well for the Eels.

Key Teams for the premiership

Broncos

2024 gains​

Fletcher Baker (Roosters), Jaiyden Hunt (Dragons).
2024 losses
Herbie Farnworth (Dolphins), Keenan Palasia (Titans), Tom Flegler (Dolphins), Logan Bayliss (unsigned), Kurt Capewell (Warriors).
Panthers

2024 gains​

Daine Laurie (Wests Tigers), Brad Schneider (Hull KR), Paul Alamoti (Bulldogs).

2024 losses​

Stephen Crichton (Bulldogs), Spencer Leniu (Roosters), Jaeman Salmon (Bulldogs), Jack Cogger (Knights), Tom Jenkins (Knights), Chris Smith (unsigned), Eddie Blacker (unsigned), Zac Hosking (Raiders).

Rabbits

2024 gains​

Jack Wighton (Raiders), Sean Keppie (Sea Eagles).

2024 losses​

Hame Sele (Dragons), Blake Taaffe (Bulldogs), Jed Cartwright (Knights), Terrell Kalo Kalo (unsigned).

Rooster

2024 gains​

Dominic Young (Knights), Spencer Leniu (Panthers).

2024 losses​

Fletcher Baker (Broncos), Jaxson Paulo (Sea Eagles), Paul Momirovski (Leeds Rhinos), Drew Hutchison (Bulldogs), Jake Turpin (Bulldogs), Corey Allan (Dragons), Nathan Brown (Sea Eagles, train and trial), Ben Thomas (unsigned).

2024 gains​

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (rugby union), Chanel Harris-Tavita, Kurt Capewell (Broncos).

2024 losses​

Viliame Vailea (Cowboys), Bayley Sironen (Catalans Dragons), Brayden Wiliame (retired), Josh Curran (Bulldogs), Ronald Volkman (Dragons), Valingi Kepu (released).

Summary

Warriors, Rooster, and Souths have gone forward in their rosters
Penrith and Broncos have gone backwards slightly

Has the movement been enough for someone other than Penrith or Broncos to win the Grand Final?

Flannagan is making all the right moves for St George aside from the fiasco around Ronald. It is appearing he will drop Lomax in favour of Bird in the centres.

I am picking St George as the good news story of the year and I am making them my second team this year,

I reckon they could finish as high as 12-13th which is a good effort off the back of last year.

On the other hand I am picking Tigers to be terrible and for Benji's inexperience to show through as a coach. I am thinking Benji will be lucky to last two years in the job.

Flannagan is making all the right moves for St George aside from the fiasco around Ronald. It is appearing he will drop Lomax in favour of Bird in the centres.

I am picking St George as the good news story of the year and I am making them my second team this year,

I reckon they could finish as high as 12-13th which is a good effort off the back of last year.
If Flanagan drops Lomax that would be the worst decision St George could make! Lomax has easily been their best player, he is a genuine attacking threat that kicks goals, I heard they want to have more involvement from him and are looking to play him at the back, time will tell.

If Flanagan drops Lomax that would be the worst decision St George could make! Lomax has easily been their best player, he is a genuine attacking threat that kicks goals, I heard they want to have more involvement from him and are looking to play him at the back, time will tell.
I read he had bad defensive stats last year,

I'm seeing it the other way around wrighty, Tigers to have a shock revival without the old board pulling the strings, Flanno's rejects will be lucky to win a game.
Their recruitment has question marks all over it

2024 gains​

Latu Fainu (Sea Eagles), Samuela Fainu (Sea Eagles), Jayden Sullivan (Dragons), Aidan Sezer (Leeds Rhinos), Solomon Alaimalo (Super Rugby), Solomona Faataape (Brisbane Tigers), Justin Olam (Storm).

2024 losses​

Luke Brooks (Sea Eagles), David Nofoaluma (released), Tommy Talau (Sea Eagles), Daine Laurie (Panthers), Aitasi James (Sea Eagles), Rua Ngatikaura (North Sydney Bears), Tuki Simpkins (Dolphins, train and trial), Brandon Wakeham (Blacktown Workers), Triston Reilly (released), Brandon Webster-Mansfield (released), Shawn Blore (Storm).

Daine Laurie was arguably the best back at the club and they have lost him
Who knows what form Olam will be in. It will be the Tigers luck that he has eaten lots of donuts over the festive season and plays like a hasbeen. Probably worth the gamble to try him but he is a massive question mark.'
Most aussie analysts are laughing at the Aidan Sezer acquisition.

Their recruitment has question marks all over it

2024 gains​

Latu Fainu (Sea Eagles), Samuela Fainu (Sea Eagles), Jayden Sullivan (Dragons), Aidan Sezer (Leeds Rhinos), Solomon Alaimalo (Super Rugby), Solomona Faataape (Brisbane Tigers), Justin Olam (Storm).

2024 losses​

Luke Brooks (Sea Eagles), David Nofoaluma (released), Tommy Talau (Sea Eagles), Daine Laurie (Panthers), Aitasi James (Sea Eagles), Rua Ngatikaura (North Sydney Bears), Tuki Simpkins (Dolphins, train and trial), Brandon Wakeham (Blacktown Workers), Triston Reilly (released), Brandon Webster-Mansfield (released), Shawn Blore (Storm).

Daine Laurie was arguably the best back at the club and they have lost him
Who knows what form Olam will be in. It will be the Tigers luck that he has eaten lots of donuts over the festive season and plays like a hasbeen. Probably worth the gamble to try him but he is a massive question mark.'
Most aussie analysts are laughing at the Aidan Sezer acquisition.
Could be right but I've seen Olam saying Bellamy played him injured last year and he has a point to prove. Those Fainu brothers are going to be elite if they hit their potential. I remember Sezer carving us up one year with the Titans I think it was, might have been the Anzac game we played them last time. Looking at the Drags squad I just can't see where their points come from.

$20 wager on who finishes higher, Benji's boys or Flanno's Flogs?

Could be right but I've seen Olam saying Bellamy played him injured last year and he has a point to prove. Those Fainu brothers are going to be elite if they hit their potential. I remember Sezer carving us up one year with the Titans I think it was, might have been the Anzac game we played them last time. Looking at the Drags squad I just can't see where their points come form.

$20 wager on who finishes higher, Benji's boys or Flanno's Flogs?
How about an avatar bet as the logistics of paying the $20 might be a challenge

Loser of the challenge has to use an avatar of the winners choosing for one month? How does that sound?

I didn't know about Olam maybe playing injured. Thanks for that nugget.

Back