Internationals Kiwis Vs Kangaroos - Oct 13 2012

OMG

OMG

Forwards had average work rates and they were all playing Prop apart from Taylor, Mutts should have started, JWH & Sammy are better props than the starters, I hope Sammy has a good injury free run next year.
Our backs stood out, very pleasing really.
Johnson is the best halfback easily and would have been a much better half than Adam Blair or Taylor FFS..

fanrrior

fanrrior

A good game of football. Didn't mean much. About the best player on the field was a Kiwi playing for Australia. What a bloody farce.

Take a read of my game review. Its not so much a review as a p*ssed off rant about the state of the game: https://www.leaguefreak.com/australia-beat-new-zealand-thanks-to-a-new-zealander-3329/

Agreed. What sets Tamou apart from a lot of other players who have dual eligibility is that Tamou was already in the Kiwi squad before being asked to join Australia. It annoys me to see him play for Auzzie and NSW, but I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I was a proud Australian.

OMG

OMG

Will the Kiwi's have access to SBW ..Sonny Bill next year
once he starts playing for the Roosters.

Could SBW be one of the few (if any), to win a Union World Cup & League World Cup..

Would you want SBW in the team??

He has said he will be available for the Kiwis, and I believe he will play in the Anzac test unless injured,
Pretty sure he would be the first to do the double- his next fight is interesting also, if he can beat Botha it would give him a bit more credibility and set up some bigger money fights.
Roosters done deal, no mention of Cooper, Aussie reporters must have competitions to see who can fabricate the best stories

https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-a-done-deal-says-sbw-20121013-27joi.html

Evil_Mush

Evil_Mush

Was I the only one super excited by Eastwood putting that kick downfield :) The man can do ANYTHING (maybe I'm still high on him for winning me $90 from $3 as Last Try Scorer in their GF qualifier!)

Super impressed by the back 5 on defence in particular, they were massive reason for the close scoreline.

I also agree regarding the halves not firing, they've got the talent but the combination just isn't working for some reason. I'd like to think Johnson would've made something out of it, but did his late season form warrant selection in the first place (even though he made training squad)?

Also to whoever was saying TelstraClear not having alternate commentary, I think you'll find they actually did.
Although the first 5 or so minutes had no commentary (crowd noise only, like being at the stadium!) due to whatever technical glitches they were having, was still infinitely better than McIvor & Price (sorry, similar to Lockyer his voice just isn't made for commentary no matter how insightful he might be).

Damn, no league for yonks!!!

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

Also to whoever was saying TelstraClear not having alternate commentary, I think you'll find they actually did.
Although the first 5 or so minutes had no commentary (crowd noise only, like being at the stadium!) due to whatever technical glitches they were having, was still infinitely better than McIvor & Price (sorry, similar to Lockyer his voice just isn't made for commentary no matter how insightful he might be).

Damn, no league for yonks!!!

I was going to switch to the alternative no matter what but they had nothing for a while

then Dale came back on and then it started back up again

On the game, I think the only real advantage the aussies had over us was probably fitness (more finals players) and combinations (what they have in origin)

It would be great if during the origin series we could have all our kiwi players get together for a training camp

I think we could do way better if we were pre prepared

Beale, Hoffman and Perrett where awesome.

eamon

eamon

yeh Sika should have been in there instead of Adam Blair. But now i think im finally happy with our wingers and center pairing now. as for Beales try im sure there was couple of us thinking that if that was Manu..[/quote]

That was certainly mentioned in our house. Even my wife said it. But, que sera sera. I thought they played well, although I was very disappointed with Kasiano. watched with interest (only 2 hitups in first 8 minutes). Unfit, lazy, no heart

olek_skillgannon

olek_skillgannon

Troll
our best players need to play each other and not just play but go at each other 100 miles an hour....the kangaroos have their state of origin,and when they play the kiwis every player in the kangaroos team can draw on that state of origin experience..kangaroos go into a training camp they are already operating at the next level...kiwis dont get to the next level until the game starts,and for the first 20 minutes the kangaroos struggle,kiwis get a try get out in front things are looking positive,then the kangaroos lift and they equalize...then they lift again and they take the lead and for the remainder of the game kiwis are on the back foot,...they cant go up another level....its like the cell saga in dragonball Z when the saiyans use the hyperbolic time chamber..the kiwis need to ascend..they need to find that next level and to find it they need to play each other at least 2 games 80 minutes of attrition, no quater asked nor given there will be blood and it will be ugly,but they need to do it..

kasianos first spell was awesome there was hit up he made he had three aussie defenders on him and one of the morris twins wrapped around his ankle holding on for dear life as kasiano dragged him along

mode81

mode81

Have to give some credit to Kearney for his selections usually he's quite conservative so for him to drop Vatuvei and put Beale in his place was a great choice. Vatuvei needs a huge 2013 season he now knows he has genuine competition for the wing position especially with Nightingale to come back into calculations next season too.

Outside backs were phenomenal in this match..Hoffman is a superb player at NRL level but in a Kiwis jersey it seems he rises another level

I really like the look of Mannering at 13 it's fair to say Jeremy Smith wasn't really missed because Simon stood up big time and defended just as good as Jeremy Smith would have but I'd still have Smith in the team no doubt.

Reactions: 1 user
League Freak

League Freak

Manu is a liability for the teams he plays for.

I thought the Kiwi's looked good. They looked like a team that knew they had to test themselves with an eye on the World Cup next year.

eamon

eamon

our best players need to play each other and not just play but go at each other 100 miles an hour....the kangaroos have their state of origin,and when they play the kiwis every player in the kangaroos team can draw on that state of origin experience..kangaroos go into a training camp they are already operating at the next level...kiwis dont get to the next level until the game starts,and for the first 20 minutes the kangaroos struggle,kiwis get a try get out in front things are looking positive,then the kangaroos lift and they equalize...then they lift again and they take the lead and for the remainder of the game kiwis are on the back foot,...they cant go up another level....its like the cell saga in dragonball Z when the saiyans use the hyperbolic time chamber..the kiwis need to ascend..they need to find that next level and to find it they need to play each other at least 2 games 80 minutes of attrition, no quater asked nor given there will be blood and it will be ugly,but they need to do it..

kasianos first spell was awesome there was hit up he made he had three aussie defenders on him and one of the morris twins wrapped around his ankle holding on for dear life as kasiano dragged him along

Not sure what you were watching. kasiano may well ahve done what you say, but that was probably it. As I said earlier, two hit up's in the first eight minutes, then subbed after twelve. Excellent contribution. Not!!. He needs to get a lot fitter

Reactions: 1 users
League Freak

League Freak

I'd like to see New Zealand play a combined Pacific Islands team three times a year, same night as State Of Origin.

Would work PERFECTLY for TV (NZ origin would lead into Aus Origin) and I think giving Pacific Islanders in New Zealand a team to support vs the Kiwi....it would bring out a lot of real passion and pride on both sides.

It would also help the eligibility problem (PI players now getting a series to play in wouldn't have to just play for Aus or NZ).

Anyone else agree?

Reactions: 1 users

facefacts

I'd like to see New Zealand play a combined Pacific Islands team three times a year, same night as State Of Origin.

Would work PERFECTLY for TV (NZ origin would lead into Aus Origin) and I think giving Pacific Islanders in New Zealand a team to support vs the Kiwi....it would bring out a lot of real passion and pride on both sides.

It would also help the eligibility problem (PI players now getting a series to play in wouldn't have to just play for Aus or NZ).

Anyone else agree?

I dont think a New Zealand state of origin will ever work in the current climate...however i do think something that could gain some serious popularity in the years ahead, would be based around a second Kiwi team playing in Wellington. The concept would work around the current kiwi's playing for either the Warriors or the Wellington team, and they would also draw their players from their past juniors or reserve grade players that originally played for that particular club, but who are playing for other NRL teams.

There would obviously be issues around Kiwi players who didn't play junior or reserve grade footy for either club, but who still want to play, that would need to be sorted out, but would be hugely important for the strength of NZ league. There would also be a big difference in the power of the squads because of Aucklands greater depth...but thats exactly how the Aussie version was at the start.

However it's done, it has to be formed from a real divide between the two teams, something the players and more importantly the fans can draw clear battle lines around.

Sup42

Sup42

Anyone else agree?
It's a good idea except for the Part where our international team plays undercard to your two provincial Kangaroo Trial squads , Kangaroos in red versus Kangaroos in Blue.

Don't get me wrong i enjoy those games , but I don't ever want my country being a warm up game.

Reactions: 2 users
Tribe Chief

Tribe Chief

Good game for 70min then we seemed lost,

Get rid of benji if we are to win RL world cup 2013

mode81

mode81

Good game for 70min then we seemed lost,

Get rid of benji if we are to win RL world cup 2013

Benji really worries me most probably the 2010 4N Final was the last time Benji had a decent game in the Kiwis jersey if I remember correct? Benji's NRL form in recent times has also been far from acceptable his position in the Kiwis team and captaincy has to come under serious scrutiny if you ask me.

I'm starting to wonder because of his celeb status in Oz that he's always going to be one of the first chosen for The Kiwis even if his form doesn't warrant selection this is not right.

I still think Marshall and Foran are out of sync as a halves combo I'd put Johnson at 7 he's the most dangerous half we have when in a confident mood and offers far more on attack. I'm over Foran and Marshall as our halves if they can't gel after all these chances then they never will! Foran would be better off in Taylor's role coming off the bench as a dummy half and midfield defender.

olek_skillgannon

olek_skillgannon

Troll

Anyone else agree?

kiwis will thrash em and they will thrash em playing at 50% of their abilities.....our best players need to play against each other.... its the only way they'll get to the level the kangaroos are on

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Benji really worries me most probably the 2010 4N Final was the last time Benji had a decent game in the Kiwis jersey if I remember correct? Benji's NRL form in recent times has also been far from acceptable his position in the Kiwis team and captaincy has to come under serious scrutiny if you ask me.

I'm starting to wonder because of his celeb status in Oz that he's always going to be one of the first chosen for The Kiwis even if his form doesn't warrant selection this is not right.

I still think Marshall and Foran are out of sync as a halves combo I'd put Johnson at 7 he's the most dangerous half we have when in a confident mood and offers far more on attack. I'm over Foran and Marshall as our halves if they can't gel after all these chances then they never will! Foran would be better off in Taylor's role coming off the bench as a dummy half and midfield defender.
Give the captaincy to someone else. Benjis got enough on his plate trying to weave some magic. Love to see a Johnson/Foran combo.

Sup42

Sup42

Don't disagree something has to be done , Benji Sucks.

How could they pick Johnson since Benji makes him his bitch every time he plays him at club footy

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
kiwis will thrash em and they will thrash em playing at 50% of their abilities.....our best players need to play against each other.... its the only way they'll get to the level the kangaroos are on
Not as long as the Kiwis and Kangaroos give back players like Sika Manu, Feleti Mateo, Fuifui Moimoi, Akuila Uate, Lote Tuqiri...

Still probably get beaten but maybe not thrashed.

mode81

mode81

Don't disagree something has to be done , Benji Sucks.

How could they pick Johnson since Benji makes him his bitch every time he plays him at club footy

Benji is every other halves bitch at club level too yet I find it rather strange that Johnson freezes when playing against him!