17.Fischer-Harris

18.Beale (Centre/Wing Cover)
19.Papali'i (Back-row cover)
20.Waerea-Hargraves (Front row cover)
21.Maumalo ( Wing Cover)
22.Proctor (Backrow Cover)
23.K.Bromich (Backrow Cover)

Good squad, young squad which is great.

I think we don't have a problem with talent, but its always about character. Thought i'd add a video i recently saw from teddy atlas on the joe rogan. alot of what he says sums up what I think the kiwis lack. when the going gets tough with the kiwis they always find a way to run from the pressure. If Madge can change the attitude and learn to confront resistance which is what we need to do against aussie, is never be afraid. I'm hoping for a successful campaign, really keen to see who has character out of the young kiwi players which will let me know where we are at going ahead.

Tapau as capatin?

SJ's on Fire

SJ's on Fire

Just noticed that the Kiwis are now sporting ISC Jerseys. "Head coach Michael Maguire revealed the touring party and the new ISC playing jersey at New Zealand Rugby League headquarters today.."
https://nzrl.co.nz/experienced-players-return-for-kiwis-campaign/

The deal with their former jersey manufacturer Macron was supposed to be for 3 years, so interesting that the partnership was culled.
I personally loved the BLK gear that they used to wear and the cheap deals from their annual sales at ASB Showgrounds ;). ISC looks the goods though!

kiwis-isc-jpg.26718

Reactions: 1 users
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Seen the aussie team. Have the feeling that if we had only kept our 2014-2015 team in tact we would smash this aussie team by 40. Its ashame we lost taumalolo but it is was it is. It would do well to have a four nations now with tonga, nz, aus, eng. would sell well.

Reactions: 2 users
ttkk19

ttkk19

really like that Mag is blooding a big crop of young players this year, I can see us using Smith, Hughes, Isaako, Manu, Marsters, CHN, JFH and Papalii for the next 5-10 years so its smart to get them in early

ideally we should have been at the top of our game right now with the kangaroos old guard retiring and guys like Shaun Johnson, Foran, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Bromwich, Taumalolo etc hitting their primes but with unlucky injury runs and Kidwell f***ing things up with the Tongan contingent we're basically back at square one.

also I'm really not keen on Beale, Blair, K Bromwich, Maumalo and JWH :facepalm: they need to go

ArtySubs

ArtySubs

really like that Mag is blooding a big crop of young players this year, I can see us using Smith, Hughes, Isaako, Manu, Marsters, CHN, JFH and Papalii for the next 5-10 years so its smart to get them in early

ideally we should have been at the top of our game right now with the kangaroos old guard retiring and guys like Shaun Johnson, Foran, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Bromwich, Taumalolo etc hitting their primes but with unlucky injury runs and Kidwell f***ing things up with the Tongan contingent we're basically back at square one.

also I'm really not keen on Beale, Blair, K Bromwich, Maumalo and JWH :facepalm: they need to go
Agree with basically everything bar Big Ken he’s a real point of difference for us.
Especially with no Asofa-Solomona

Reactions: 4 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Agree with basically everything bar Big Ken he’s a real point of difference for us.

I dunno. He's not going to be able to bring us out of our end if our middles are getting their beans. But if we are giving them their beans then he and the other backs can be more effective.

Reactions: 1 user

WarriorBall

Not much love for JWH which is understandable I guess given his history but seriously we’d be doing ourselves a disservice not having him in the side imo.

He was good in Denver and is arguably in career best form atm, the 360 panel made the point about him going up against the top four packs this finals series and coming out on top on each occasion which is hard to argue against.

I wouldn’t just have him in the side I’d have him starting with Taupau bringing the impact from the bench NAS would’ve given us.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Not much love for JWH which is understandable I guess given his history but seriously we’d be doing ourselves a disservice not having him in the side imo.

He was good in Denver and is arguably in career best form atm, the 360 panel made the point about him going up against the top four packs this finals series and coming out on top on each occasion which is hard to argue against.

I wouldn’t just have him in the side I’d have him starting with Taupau bringing the impact from the bench NAS would’ve given us.
Maybe if we let him wear his roosters jersey underneath his kiwis one he will turn up for us??

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
W.A warrior

W.A warrior

Fool me once shame on you, fool me 23 times...........

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Fool me once shame on you, fool me 23 times...........
My exact feelings lol
Some people never learn SMH. For whatever reason JWH goes from a ravenous pitbull in a Roosters jersey to a meek chiquaqua in a Kiwis one. Time and time again the guy never steps up. Was given a chance after years of being snubbed to redeem himself and was a complete pussy at the RLWC. If Madge selects him he's not as astute as I thought...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

WarriorBall

Some people never learn SMH. For whatever reason JWH goes from a ravenous pitbull in a Roosters jersey to a meek chiquaqua in a Kiwis one. Time and time again the guy never steps up. Was given a chance after years of being snubbed to redeem himself and was a complete pussy at the RLWC. If Madge selects him he's not as astute as I thought...

He wasn’t too bad for us in Denver, Madge may prove capable of getting the best out of him where our other coaches in the past have failed, we’re at ground zero so worth another shot imo.

Reactions: 3 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

I dunno. He's not going to be able to bring us out of our end if our middles are getting their beans. But if we are giving them their beans then he and the other backs can be more effective.[/
I dunno. He's not going to be able to bring us out of our end if our middles are getting their beans. But if we are giving them their beans then he and the other backs can be more effective.
If we’re losing the middle even more reason to play Ken

Reactions: 1 users

up the guts

If we’re losing the middle even more reason to play Ken
Thats it im. offically fucked off !!!!... when the fuck are we going to have a fully 100% strong squad ... i will say this once ... please listen ... 250 m + missed with NAS and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck out and thats just the start... fuck optimism we can not compete unless we have those sorts of players in the team

Reactions: 1 user
ttkk19

ttkk19

imo Ken's only strength is how he brings the ball back but with a big kiwis pack I doubt we'd really we need that. would much rather throw in a winger who can score or create attacking opportunities. rapana and issako would be my first choice wingers but I'd even take Hiku, Kahu, Feki and smith ahead of maumalo tbh

WarriorBall

imo Ken's only strength is how he brings the ball back but with a big kiwis pack I doubt we'd really we need that. would much rather throw in a winger who can score or create attacking opportunities. rapana and issako would be my first choice wingers but I'd even take Hiku, Kahu, Feki and smith ahead of maumalo tbh

Agree with that assessment, Ken is great at the Warriors for taking donkey runs out of yardage but we’re talking a different pack with different strengths in the Kiwis.

Rapana and Isaako are the best finishers in the squad with Ken a distant third. You need more than a few bullocking runs from your wingers at test level.

Reactions: 3 users