Magic Stick_old

Great run and offload by Eastwood after smoking Lauaki and Benji scores

28-4

Magic Stick_old

A couple of class passes from Benji....Ropati scores his 3rd

Inu looks down on pace?

44-4

Warrioraholic_old

Cant believe how dirty Hame is off the ball, dont think he will get a look in the warriors 09 side. Such a waste of talent

KempForanMoon_old

tonga are pathetic. some people had them has serious threats for the world cup

Magic Stick_old

Very good performance. thought Faalogo and Rapira had poor games

my team for Australia Game

01 Lance Hohaia
02 Krisnan Inu
03 Steve Matai
04 Jerome Ropati
05 Manu Vatuvei
06 Benji Marshall
07 Thomas Leuluai
08 Nathan Cayless
09 Nathan Fein
10 Adam Blair
11 Simon Mannering
12 Setaimata Sa
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Issac Luke
15 Sika Manu
16 Greg Eastwood
17 Sam Rapira / Evarn Tuimavave

playdaball_old

Very good performance. thought Faalogo and Rapira had poor games

01 Lance Hohaia
02 Krisnan Inu
03 Steve Matai
04 Jerome Ropati
05 Manu Vatuvei
06 Benji Marshall
07 Thomas Leuluai
08 Nathan Cayless
09 Nathan Fein
10 Adam Blair
11 Simon Mannering
12 Setaimata Sa
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Issac Luke
15 Sika Manu
16 Greg Eastwood

Agree

KempForanMoon_old

01 Lance Hohaia
02 Krisnan Inu
03 Steve Matai
04 Jerome Ropati
05 Manu Vatuvei
06 Benji Marshall
07 Thomas Leuluai
08 Nathan Cayless
09 Nathan Fein
10 Adam Blair
11 Simon Mannering
12 Setaimata Sa
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Issac Luke
15 Sika Manu
16 Greg Eastwood

team looks good. perret deserves to be in there

KempForanMoon_old

Bring on Australia. alot of the Kiwis players are in top form. Benji looks back to his best

Esoj_old

kiwis just way too much class overall and tonga well a lot to work on for the world cup. marshall is in superb form and hopefully his shoulders stay intact throughout the world cup. it will be a lot harder against australia next week where the goal line d will have to improve but the boys are playing well so hopefully can get a win first up.

Magic Stick_old

Perrett and Nightingale will be unlucky too miss out. But thats a good problem for Kearney. They will get a shot in the lesser games

Joe 90_old

Cant believe how dirty Hame is off the ball, dont think he will get a look in the warriors 09 side. Such a waste of talent

Yeah agreed. Just doesn't learn. His lack of discipline was a big part in losing his Warriors spot this season. First act this game is to give away a penalty for a ridiculous grapple, and he was lucky the ref was in mercy mode for not picking up his off the ball stuff. I personally think he just cant keep up with the game.
No thanks! Warriors dont need that chain hanging around there neck 09.

daj3_old

I thought leuluai was solid, but fien was definitely the dominant playmaker when he was on.

I was gonna rave on Marshall but the second tonga try was a direct result of his poor defense on the left flank... better teams will target that. I suppose it was late in the game and he'd had a high work rate, but the kiwis defense strategy should involve some recognition of his defensive liability, so a second rower is posted out that way as cover.

How bloody awesome was Mannering? And Eastwood? Impressed with the whole squad really, and a game like this will do wonders for confidence and individual-team combinations.

Not so sure on the reasoning behind resting Vatuvei and Hohaia... when we had injury prone matai, marshall and ropati playing.
On the flip-side I suppose Vatuvei is our no.1 attacking weapon, best to look after him... we didn't need either of them in the end really... and it's not like they're not in proven recent form.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe 90_old

I thought leuluai was solid, but fien was definitely the dominant playmaker when he was on.

I was gonna rave on Marshall but the second tonga try was a direct result of his poor defense on the left flank... better teams will target that. I suppose it was late in the game and he'd had a high work rate, but the kiwis defense strategy should involve some recognition of his defensive liability, so a second rower is posted out that way as cover.

How bloody awesome was Mannering? And Eastwood? Impressed with the whole squad really, and a game like this will do wonders for confidence and individual-team combinations.

Not so sure on the reasoning behind resting Vatuvei and Hohaia... when we had injury prone matai, marshall and ropati playing.
On the flip-side I suppose Vatuvei is our no.1 attacking weapon, best to look after him... we didn't need either of them in the end really... and it's not like they're not in proven recent form.

Huh? I agree he's suspect, but I thought Latu stepped inside Jeremy Smith to score that?