Internationals KIWIS RLWC2013 Campaign

Narrow field probably suits the Kiwis more, harder for the Aussies to dazzle with the ball and get outside their man, making it more suited to just rumble it up and offload to one of the speedsters on their shoulder. Bread and butter for the K1w1s

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Inruin

Contributor
Narrow field probably suits the Kiwis more, harder for the Aussies to dazzle with the ball and get outside their man, making it more suited to just rumble it up and offload to one of the speedsters on their shoulder. Bread and butter for the K1w1s
didn't the Aussies complain about narrow fields after we beat them once before? if we do it again you know what they will be saying.....

Reactions: 1 user
didn't the Aussies complain about narrow fields after we beat them once before? if we do it again you know what they will be saying.....
no i think we setup field with less than the minimum in goal at.. north shore maybe.. one year and the aussies complained but still beat us

the plan was that their kickers couldnt trap us in goal so much but it turned out their kickers were a lot better than ours

No way can Aussie complain about narrow fields and small in-goals when the big 3 come from Melbourne. They play some of the smallest in-goals and the narrowest fields in the game, for the sole reason of getting the upper hand over other teams. Other NRL teams have been known to paint their training fields narrower to train for Melbourne games.

I just discovered the main reason we are going to take this WC out. Most of our tries will be scored by MANU at the home of MAN-U. Its the subtle sign that shows this is our destiny.

Reactions: 7 users
No way can Aussie complain about narrow fields and small in-goals when the big 3 come from Melbourne. They play some of the smallest in-goals and the narrowest fields in the game, for the sole reason of getting the upper hand over other teams. Other NRL teams have been known to paint their training fields narrower to train for Melbourne games.

I just discovered the main reason we are going to take this WC out. Most of our tries will be scored by MANU at the home of MAN-U. Its the subtle sign that shows this is our destiny.
MAN-U!!!! hahah love it

Damn shame we turned up with stale bread and butter and the Aussies bought the Steak and all the sides to the party.

I think the final showed that size is not the be-all and end all. The Australian Forwards dominated ours despite the fact our size destroys theirs. They have mobility in their forwards who can offload and keep it alive with fast play the balls that allows lots of metres to be made against a less agile but bigger forward pack. Kasiano really struggled out there, so maybe this game crushes the obsession that many Warriors fans and Kiwis Fans have with size.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the final showed that size is not the be-all and end all. The Australian Forwards dominated ours despite the fact our size destroys theirs. They have mobility in their forwards who can offload and keep it alive with fast play the balls that allows lots of metres to be made against a less agile but bigger forward pack. Kasiano really struggled out there, so maybe this game crushes the obsession that many Warriors fans and Kiwis Fans have with size.
Im one of those people. i think it does matter in the nrl, 26 week competition. There is no substitute for talent though and aussie have it all over the park.the best halves and hooker in the world (who is practically another half). the best centres in the world, powerful and fast. players like bird, gallen and parker are rare. smaller forwards with massive tickers, they never stop and never give up. size is an easier commodity to find, its a natural attribute whereas what those guys have is mental.

just wondering what others thought, but which players do you guys think looked "dazed" during the final, as there seems to have been a distinct difference between those who were clean and those who mixed pills with energy drinks??

just wondering what others thought, but which players do you guys think looked "dazed" during the final, as there seems to have been a distinct difference between those who were clean and those who mixed pills with energy drinks??
Dunno man I deleted the Game , some of those guys had stupid grins on during the Anthem but I wouldn't point fingers on that basis.

Did you hear Veitch on Radio sport this arvo say that his source from inside the camp said they were playing a game of who can stay awake longest on sleeping pills ....popping them and Diazepam the night before the final.
One player was asked ( someone on the bench ) why the players looked so Dazed , he then revealed they had been playing the pill popping game the night before.

For mine it raises lots of issues , especially when you throw in the rumor that Vietch put to the NZRL Ceo that Brett Seymour was the supplier.

Kearney was none the wiser apparently ( I believe that ) and where is the respect for Mannering the team captain in all of this ?

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Dunno man I deleted the Game , some of those guys had stupid grins on during the Anthem but I wouldn't point fingers on that basis.

Did you hear Veitch on Radio sport this arvo say that his source from inside the camp said they were playing a game of who can stay awake longest on sleeping pills ....popping them and Diazepam the night before the final.
One player was asked ( someone on the bench ) why the players looked so Dazed , he then revealed they had been playing the pill popping game the night before.

For mine it raises lots of issues , especially when you throw in the rumor that Vietch put to the NZRL Ceo that Brett Seymour was the supplier.

Kearney was none the wiser apparently ( I believe that ) and where is the respect for Mannering the team captain in all of this ?

holy F batman. if that's true they showed no respect to the game or the opposition, All those found to be involved need to be kicked up their right royal arses. I get that you cant fire them, but can they be fined some of their player payments? I know they talked about the pills being prescription and therefor legal drugs but if not prescribed for them aren't they still breaking laws and if true that Brett Seymour was the supplier then isn't this no different to the ASADA scandal?

Reactions: 1 users
holy F batman. if that's true they showed no respect to the game or the opposition, All those found to be involved need to be kicked up their right royal arses. I get that you cant fire them, but can they be fined some of their player payments? I know they talked about the pills being prescription and therefor legal drugs but if not prescribed for them aren't they still breaking laws and if true that Brett Seymour was the supplier then isn't this no different to the ASADA scandal?

Obviously at the moment all this is speculation, but if the supplier is someone outside the squad you would think their first point of contact would be someone they knew within the squad, as I doubt they would just walk up to blokes they didn't know and offer them pills. So I would think that would cut down the list of possible names at the start of this saga somewhat, however once supplied that's a whole different list of possible players. damn messy no matter what.

TV also said that as far as he knew [re souces ] that there were no Warriors players involved I sure as hell hope that that is true

Veitch trieid very cunningly to implicate Williams when it came to the name and shame segment , he threw in there that SBW had to sit in front of his team mates and apologiise for some misdemeanor earlier in the campaign .

Anyway now we know they were playing Roulette with Valium , Zopiclone and what ever other drugs their supplier hooked them up with on tour......it's interesting to look back on the Instagram party atmosphere of the camp.

Man I hope they drop the brotherhood nonsense the next time they play , I don't want to hear about it.

]
They are looking into contract breaches as far as match payments go.
No ASADA because of the ' it's legal and not banned element'. They have brought in Drug free sport NZ to help instead.
If it happened in NZ their could be issues under the misuse of prescription medicines. Those benzo's are restricted drugs in NZ so supplying them without a prescription and a license could see you done.
Don't know how it works in the UK but this is a link re the their missuse of drugs act

https://www.drugscope.org.uk/resources/fa...

" Minor Tranquillisers (librium, valium etc) are controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act as Class C drugs but the possession offence is waived so that it is not illegal to possess or use them without a prescription. It is an offence to sell or supply them to another person. The exception is temazepam and rohypnol tranquillisers which are illegal to be in possession of without a prescription. "

Apart from the outrage at how these dudes treated the World cup as a Stag Party.....

It just goes to show how thick they are , did they think that the effect of taking one pill and the time for it to wear off would be remain a constant when loading more pills into their fat heads ?

The liver can only clear medicines at a constant rate ( healthy liver ) over time.

Any extra's would be accumulating , stored , especially Diazepam , eventually with the practices they were alleged to have been doing they would have gone into a delirium ( hallucinating and plucking at the Hotel carpet fibers would have been un attractive ).

With five other tranqed bro's playing a who can take the most game....the winner could suddenly conk out , go into a coma and stop breathing , that's if they don't vomit up the red bull in their sleep in breath it in and drown

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
So glad this doesn't affect any Warriors. Just find it unbelievable that any professional player would even consider this sort of thing. It makes me really wonder how much of a clean out the sport needs.

Veitch trieid very cunningly to implicate Williams when it came to the name and shame segment , he threw in there that SBW had to sit in front of his team mates and apologiise for some misdemeanor earlier in the campaign .

Anyway now we know they were playing Roulette with Valium , Zopiclone and what ever other drugs their supplier hooked them up with on tour......it's interesting to look back on the Instagram party atmosphere of the camp.

Man I hope they drop the brotherhood nonsense the next time they play , I don't want to hear about it.

If I remember correctly, SBW did have to front his team mates and apologise to them, it was when he first arrived and it was in regards to the will he, won't he thing and what happened to Harris. SBW is probably the last bloke who would put any type of chemical into his system. Veitch is the last bloke I'd take notice of," Mr phone the media and tell them if they don't stop being mean to me I'll top myself, but if you want to stop me I can be found here, send a reporter".

Reactions: 1 users
Apart from the outrage at how these dudes treated the World cup as a Stag Party.....

It just goes to show how thick they are , did they think that the effect of taking one pill and the time for it to wear off would be remain a constant when loading more pills into their fat heads ?

The liver can only clear medicines at a constant rate ( healthy liver ) over time.

Any extra's would be accumulating , stored , especially Diazepam , eventually with the practices they were alleged to have been doing they would have gone into a delirium ( hallucinating and plucking at the Hotel carpet fibers would have been un attractive ).

With five other tranqed bro's playing a who can take the most game....the winner could suddenly conk out , go into a coma and stop breathing , that's if they don't vomit up the red bull in their sleep in breath it in and drown

Didn't the Kiwis have the same issue during the last 4 nations in England, members of the squad using it as their end of year piss trip.