Internationals KIWIS RLWC 2017 Campaign

Salatape

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
upload_2017-10-6_13-24-13.png

mtsmart

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2013
Let’s just cut to Kiwis vs Tonga and show real pride for the jersey from both sides.

The bread has been buttered up
Now it’s time for a FEED!!

Kiwis

That match is going to be a grudge match. There's bound to be some in the Kiwis team pissed off at the antics of Taumalolo and co. I bet Benji wishes he could be playing in that match just to give some of the Tongans a spray about loyalty.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Didn't see your question sorry nor do I care. Your history rants bore me...
Well it shows how much you really know, and maybe care about Tongan rugby league. There is no history there at all. If Tongan rugby league had to stand alone it wouldn't last against the big three. However there must be plenty of Tongan players ready to turn their backs on a Kiwi or Australian jersey forever just to prove me wrong.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I know it was only Gary Kemble but is karma biting Kidwell on the butt since he led the player power revolt that got Kemble fired from the kiwi coaching role?

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Cant wait to see tommy turbo gas nightingale
Unlikely we'll see that happening. I'm picking Billy Slater to be first choice fullback for the Roos and Dallin Watene-Zelezniac to play right wing with Jordan Rapana on the left for the Kiwis. Injuries could change things of course and there's a chance Tom Trbojevic could play some limited time at wing.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
I know it was only Gary Kemble but is karma biting Kidwell on the butt since he led the player power revolt that got Kemble fired from the kiwi coaching role?

I always thought it was Asotasi who was captain at the time. Kemble had no business being coach anyway, even Brian McLennan for that matter who both had only coached in NZ.

I have no confidence in Kidwell either however I do support the punishments put on Bromwich and Proctor while still in Kiwi camp. I wonder if the Kiwi's had won, would they still have gone looking for drugs.

I still haven't looked at our squad yet, Scared to honestly. But this could be the year Tonga do beat us after having come so close in 95 when we only beat them by 1 point.

If Tonga and Samoa play us with the same emotion and desperation they play each other with, they could beat us. And Scotland well it's either a shame or a blessing depending on your point of view Benji isn't Scottish.

Reactions: jonesy101

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Well it shows how much you really know, and maybe care about Tongan rugby league. There is no history there at all. If Tongan rugby league had to stand alone it wouldn't last against the big three. However there must be plenty of Tongan players ready to turn their backs on a Kiwi or Australian jersey forever just to prove me wrong.

I don't know anything about the history of league in Tonga, their Wikipedia page says it first gained attention in the country in 1986. That's a young existence for a national team relatively speaking. But there is no better time than now to start making history. Look at the Bangladesh cricket team. Newbies to the test scene, but they recently created history by beating Australia and England who have the longest established test sides of any country.

The players who switched allegiance could have handled it much better for sure, however its now going to make for some really competitive games.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I don't know anything about the history of league in Tonga, their Wikipedia page says it first gained attention in the country in 1986.
Rugby union is their national game. They don't even play the game there. This issue is all bullshit, especially when all but one of the players are Kiwi born anyway. As for Bangladesh, they are like Afghanistan and have been playing cricket for centuries,

Reactions: PNG Kiwi

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
But this could be the year Tonga do beat us after having come so close in 95 when we only beat them by 1 point.
Was that the game at Carlaw Park when one of them broke Stacey Jones arm?

WarriorBall

Was that the game at Carlaw Park when one of them broke Stacey Jones arm?

Nup, that was '99. I remember because I was leaving to go live in the UK the next day.

Reactions: Defence

drunk_monk

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2014
Anyone actually know what Benji did to get blackballed all these years?
He seems to be only guy who shows genuine passion for the Kiwis.
Played average for many years since returning to league I'd say.
This has probably been his best year since returning, though that's anecdotal based on my observations. Stats will probably indicate I'm talking out of my ass.

Danpatmac

I don't know anything about the history of league in Tonga, their Wikipedia page says it first gained attention in the country in 1986. That's a young existence for a national team relatively speaking. But there is no better time than now to start making history. Look at the Bangladesh cricket team. Newbies to the test scene, but they recently created history by beating Australia and England who have the longest established test sides of any country.

The players who switched allegiance could have handled it much better for sure, however its now going to make for some really competitive games.

I know Alan Reichelmann played for the kiwis in either the 50s or 60s and I believe he is what was known as a 'White Tongan' of German extraction. I believe he may have been born there. He is the uncle of All Black Charlie Reichelmann.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Anyone actually know what Benji did to get blackballed all these years?
He seems to be only guy who shows genuine passion for the Kiwis.
Went against the game plan in Wellington and cost them the win. No one will play with him anymore. Play Benji and you will see a real exodus I guarantee you.

Pretty sad that he doesn't know the real story and begs for a recall every year. Wish someone would tell him...

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Went against the game plan in Wellington and cost them the win. No one will play with him anymore. Play Benji and you will see a real exodus I guarantee you.

Pretty sad that he doesn't know the real story and begs for a recall every year. Wish someone would tell him...
When was that and who were we playing?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings