Internationals Kiwis Coach List Narrows

Jesbass_old

The list of candidates for the Kiwis league coaching job is to be narrowed further for a second round of interviews this week.

New Zealand Rugby League general manager Peter Cordtz said the successor to Leeds-bound Brian McClennan could be named next week.

From an original pool of 15 applicants, an appointments panel interviewed a shortlist of hopefuls last week. A number has not been confirmed, but is likely to be fewer than six.

The original 15 applicants included James Leuluai, Paul Bergman, Phil Prescott, Gary Kemble, David Lomax and Graeme Norton.

Kaiaua krusher_old

I hope it isn't Graeme Norton at this stage. My pick is Prescott simply because he has the second best record in Bartercard Cup.

They are all much of a muchness, but I reckon Bergmann and Prescott are favourites.

Jesbass_old

I like Kemble, ebcause he was being groomed for the role before his fall out with the coach at the time.

He has coached NZA, NZ Residents, and so on and so forth. I think Leuluai could really inspire the boys, too.

fiamacho_old

I like Kemble, ebcause he was being groomed for the role before his fall out with the coach at the time.

He has coached NZA, NZ Residents, and so on and so forth. I think Leuluai could really inspire the boys, too.

100% agree with Kemble he also did some amazing work when he was part of the Warriors Development.