Internationals Kiwi Team vs England

garyhobson_old

I think Fa'alogo will be with the Kiwis for a couple of years yet, as he's still only 28. Kidwell, on the other hand, is counting down at 31.

He's a good player, but he's faded away a lot in the last 12 months. I believe there is better options out there in the forwards.

Next year the two starting front rowers will be Roy Asotasi, and Jiff Lima, with Isaac Luke at hooker, and Masada Iosefa back up hooker on the bench.

Back row Frank Pritchard, Sika Manu, Simon Mannering at lock, Satimata Sa on the bench. Sam Rapira, Adam Blair two props on the bench. Then you'll have Cherrington, Fraser Anderson, and Ben Matulino pushing to make the 17. The future looks good in the forwards.

Im looking forward to see how Karl Faliga goes next year too along with Sonny fai and Russel Packer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinny_Ravs82

They might be over the hill but expreience you can't count against it. Definitley agree about TL as well. I can't see any merit happening with him there, sure time together is important but when has he seriously excelled as half apart from playing in the SL???

garyhobson_old

They might be over the hill but expreience you can't count against it. Definitley agree about TL as well. I can't see any merit happening with him there, sure time together is important but when has he seriously excelled as half apart from playing in the SL???

About 5 years ago TL excelled at halfback for 1 test match against Australia, you cant take that away from him, he was awesome that day. But that was 5years ago. Since then he has produced nothing for the Kiwis. Hes been the winning halfback 3/18 test matches I think the record is for the kiwis.

I see him more as a hooker than a halfback. But still theres no room for him in this side. He's just not suited for the job.

Jesbass_old

Seriously, how could any Kiwis fan forget the Centenary Test match at North Harbour in 2003? It was Leuluai's Kiwis debut, (and he was outstanding), and Toopi became the first ever player to score a hattrick of tries against Australia, and Vinnie Anderson scored a brace on debut. We won 30-16, just months after we were destroyed 48-6 in the mid-year Test, marking a huge turnaround.

I'm shocked that people forget so easily.

https://www.geocities.com/skybowm/omc6.html

And that's just one match. He'd been promising at the Warriors up to that point.

garyhobson_old

Seriously, how could any Kiwis fan forget the Centenary Test match at North Harbour in 2003? It was Leuluai's Kiwis debut, (and he was outstanding), and Toopi became the first ever player to score a hattrick of tries against Australia, and Vinnie Anderson scored a brace on debut. We won 30-16, just months after we were destroyed 48-6 in the mid-year Test, marking a huge turnaround.

And that's just one match. He'd been promising at the Warriors up to that point.

I didnt forget that, ive mention that several times on here. But that was 5 years ago, you cant take that away from TL ever, he was outstanding, but I believe thats what has keeped in in this kiwi team for so long, the selectors believe that hes capable of doing it again, perhaps not capable but wishing he can produce something like that again. He wont. He cant live off that performance TL, he shouldnt be picked by the kiwis everytime based on that performance. Rangi Chase or Arana is even a better option for the number 7.

TL is a future hooker maybe.

Vinnie Anderson, ive never seen someone so passionate to play for the kiwis in a test match, in that game he was all passion. Both the Anderson boys were like that whenever they got the chance to play for the kiwis.

2big2strong_old

He's a good player, but he's faded away a lot in the last 12 months. I believe there is better options out there in the forwards.

Next year the two starting front rowers will be Roy Asotasi, and Jiff Lima, with Isaac Luke at hooker, and Masada Iosefa back up hooker on the bench.

Back row Frank Pritchard, Sika Manu, Simon Mannering at lock, Satimata Sa on the bench. Sam Rapira, Adam Blair two props on the bench. Then you'll have Cherrington, Fraser Anderson, and Ben Matulino pushing to make the 17. The future looks good in the forwards.

Im looking forward to see how Karl Faliga goes next year too along with Sonny fai and Russel Packer.

From all I've heard next year is likely to be Pritchards last in league. He's looking for a big money Union offer through SBW's european agant.

Karl Filiga has been threatened the sack by Cronulla for not living up to expectations.

I'm hoping Matulino will be the future of our game in NZ. He has got it all.

garyhobson_old

From all I've heard next year is likely to be Pritchards last in league. He's looking for a big money Union offer through SBW's european agant.

Karl Filiga has been threatened the sack by Cronulla for not living up to expectations.

I'm hoping Matulino will be the future of our game in NZ. He has got it all.

Yean which is why im expecting a big season from Karl Faliga, hes on 250k and he hasnt even played in the nrl yet I dont think.

I herd that too about Frank Pritchard, but you just never know with him, hes always changing his mind.

Jesbass_old

I didnt forget that, ive mention that several times on here. But that was 5 years ago, you cant take that away from TL ever, he was outstanding, but I believe thats what has keeped in in this kiwi team for so long, the selectors believe that hes capable of doing it again, perhaps not capable but wishing he can produce something like that again. He wont. He cant live off that performance TL, he shouldnt be picked by the kiwis everytime based on that performance. Rangi Chase or Arana is even a better option for the number 7.

TL is a future hooker maybe.

Vinnie Anderson, ive never seen someone so passionate to play for the kiwis in a test match, in that game he was all passion. Both the Anderson boys were like that whenever they got the chance to play for the kiwis.

Yeah, I was replying to Skinny, not you, mate. ;)

I too think that Leuluai is short on performance. He played well against NZ Maori and Tonga, but against the top sides, he's struggling. He did look better at hooker on the weekend, which I found interesting, because I'd never thought of him as a hooker until then.

2big2strong_old

Yean which is why im expecting a big season from Karl Faliga, hes on 250k and he hasnt even played in the nrl yet I dont think.

I herd that too about Frank Pritchard, but you just never know with him, hes always changing his mind.

Yeah Karl made his NRL debut this year, they took him off after 7 minutes because he wasn't up to standard. He's on 200k a year for 3 years, yet the Sharks are allowed to tear up his contract without debate. Yet, if he was good and HE wanted out of the contract, he'd be taken to court with an injunction ordered against him. The NRL needs to make contracts worth something for both parties, not just the clubs.

garyhobson_old

Yeah Karl made his NRL debut this year, they took him off after 7 minutes because he wasn't up to standard. He's on 200k a year for 3 years, yet the Sharks are allowed to tear up his contract without debate. Yet, if he was good and HE wanted out of the contract, he'd be taken to court with an injunction ordered against him. The NRL needs to make contracts worth something for both parties, not just the clubs.

What do you think of him? Have you seen much of him? Theres huge raps on this guy. I havent really seen him play, he was injuried for a lot of the ncy games.

Moses Masoe for the Rooster looks like potential.

2big2strong_old

What do you think of him? Have you seen much of him? Theres huge raps on this guy. I havent really seen him play, he was injuried for a lot of the ncy games.

Moses Masoe for the Rooster looks like potential.

I had huge expectations, after all he was labelled as the next SBW, he was the guy the scouts were after when they came accross a winger named Issac Luke. 200k a season.

I was majorly dissapointed. I saw all of his televised games this year and he didn't do anything more than say, Eddie Purcell or Afiga from our NYC teams. I'd rate Elijah Taylor and Lesson Ah Mau as much better players than Filiga, from what I saw anyway, he could of been playing injured all year which I find hard to believe because he had all of last year off from injury.

garyhobson_old

I had huge expectations, after all he was labelled as the next SBW, he was the guy the scouts were after when they came accross a winger named Issac Luke. 200k a season.

I was majorly dissapointed. I saw all of his televised games this year and he didn't do anything more than say, Eddie Purcell or Afiga from our NYC teams. I'd rate Elijah Taylor and Lesson Ah Mau as much better players than Filiga, from what I saw anyway, he could of been playing injured all year which I find hard to believe because he had all of last year off from injury.

Yeah well I would rate Elijah Taylor to play some nrl next year, perhaps Leeson too. Do you know what club Eddie Purcell has signed with for 2009?

Everyone seems to use that example of the next SBW. The closest ive seen to the next SBW is probably John Sutton for South Sydney, he should make Origin next year I believe.

2big2strong_old

Yeah well I would rate Elijah Taylor to play some nrl next year, perhaps Leeson too. Do you know what club Eddie Purcell has signed with for 2009?

Norths Devils in Brisbane. They are 1 of many feeder clubs for the Broncos but he hasn't been contracted to the Broncos at all. I hope he doesn't turn into a professional reserve grader like so many guys in his boat do.

garyhobson_old

Norths Devils in Brisbane. They are 1 of many feeder clubs for the Broncos but he hasn't been contracted to the Broncos at all. I hope he doesn't turn into a professional reserve grader like so many guys in his boat do.

Apparently that Queensland cup is believed to be a harder, stronger competition than the nyc. Dan Hunt the star halfback for the brisbane nyc side, and rated best player in the nyc this year, is still eligble to play in the nyc next season but is playing queensland cup instead next year.

I cant see why the warriors just couldnt sign Eddie, he would be ready to play first grade next year.

kiwi man_old

my kiwi side for england game

1.Perrett
2.Nightingale
3.Matai
4.Ropati
5.Vatuvei
6.Marshall
7.Fien
8.Cayless
9.Luke
10.Blair
11.Sa
12.Mannering
13.smith

14.Hohaia
15.Rapira
16.Tuimivave
17.Kidwell

MiXmasterreece_old

Time to rest a few:

1.Hohaia
2.Nightingale
3.Matai
4.Inu
5.Vatuvei
6.Marshall
7.Fien
8.Cayless
9.Luke
10.Blair
11.Fa'alogo
12.Mannering
13.Halatau

14.Thomas L
15.Rapira
16.Tuimivave
17.Harrison

Jesbass_old

Time to rest a few:

1.Hohaia
2.Nightingale
3.Matai
4.Inu
5.Vatuvei
6.Marshall
7.Fien
8.Cayless
9.Luke
10.Blair
11.Fa'alogo
12.Mannering
13.Halatau

14.Thomas L
15.Rapira
16.Tuimivave
17.Harrison

Is Matai even available? I've yet to hear the extent of his injury.

I like your lineup, though. 1, 6, 7, 9, and 14 could work quite well like that.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah, I can see what you're getting at, and I'm beginning to agree. I do think it would be worth resting those with niggles, like Marshall, but at the same time, I can see the benefits of momentum and form. I just don't want us to have some freak injuries and have some great form but plenty of walking wounded.

It is a risk and risk that I'd like us to have to take but sometimes the coin doesn't fall your way and that's the way it is. We can't keep protecting players with fear of losing them to injury like I said similarly in the other thread.

Skinny_Ravs82

About 5 years ago TL excelled at halfback for 1 test match against Australia, you cant take that away from him, he was awesome that day. But that was 5years ago. Since then he has produced nothing for the Kiwis. Hes been the winning halfback 3/18 test matches I think the record is for the kiwis.

I see him more as a hooker than a halfback. But still theres no room for him in this side. He's just not suited for the job.

I don't remember that game you mention of 5years ago but thanks for the reminder, I just found what I have seen of him hasn't really been too good and a little mediocare

Skinny_Ravs82

For me it's not enough to be promising. You have to be a regular consistant performer.

So what if I haven't remember that game? Hard to remember brilliant games by the kiwis when on most occassions bar those very special ones we've had our arses wooped by 50+ points every time we play the Roos