Internationals Kiwi team for England test?

Spence_old

That reminds me of the Rage song that goes "**** you I won't do what you tell me, unless you're Adam Blair"

daj3_old

I think Brown should either go in as a centre or bench utility. Fien to 7, Leuluai goneski.

Swanley_old

brown is not good enough for the kiwis at the moment.

people are a bit dilusional if they they think an slightly above average NRL palyer can suddenly make the kiwi 17.

I think Sau will stay at centre.

Fien will be 7, thomas at 14.

Unless JWH is injured, he will struggle to amke the team.

1: lance
2: nightingale
3: SKD
4: sau
5: manu
6:marshall
7:fien
8: Eastwood
9: luke
10: Blair
11: pritchard
12: harrison
13: smith

14: Thomas L
15: Sika Manu
16: Matalino
17: Mannering

I think the poms will have a big pack even without Morely, we need to match them up front or else we will be in trouble.

Viking_old

If the Poms can keep the same line up that was used in the first half, they'll be very tough. Burgess needs to learn some patience though, three times he forced the offload when they were putting pressure in the Maori's half, once with the line begging. He does that for Souths a bit too trying to make something happen every time he gets the ball.

The Kiwis seem to have finally got the message that speed is more important than power.

PB_old

people are a bit dilusional if they they think an slightly above average NRL palyer can suddenly make the kiwi 17.

While I agree with this in principal, I'd note that Brown is actually in the 4N squad - thus expected to be able to play - and that Sa'u is exactly that, as is McKendry, and Frank-Paul, and Winterstein, and a couple of others. Even Leuluai was that at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swanley_old

I agree Polar Bob, but being in the squad is not the same as the 17 for match day.

PB_old

I agree Polar Bob, but being in the squad is not the same as the 17 for match day.

Sure. But players in the final 23 man 4N playing squad are expected to be able to play in the 17, else the selectors have delusions over the 6 squad leftovers too.

What I'm saying is that the selectors probably don't think Brown+5 are only slightly above average NRL players.

PB_old

If the Poms can keep the same line up that was used in the first half, they'll be very tough.

A couple of smart moving backs and some big forwards. Crabtree in particular. 6ft6 and 121kg. Nice.

I thought the play the balls in the Maori vs England game were extraordinarily slow. Even in the second half, although they got a little faster.

It'll be interesting to see how England go when the pace is picked up as Archer will be ref.

Ryan_old

how did eastwood go at prop
Dude. He was the shit. All our forwards were the shit, and Eastwood was the shit, shit. Could have been because we were playing a bunch old, tired looking guys. Having said that, David Solomona is one of the oldest, and he was kick-ass all match.

Ryan_old

Eastwood and Smith were nosing through gaps all night long. Mannering pulled a couple of picture perfect try-assists. Blair must have thought the refs might mistake him for Cronk, so he threw 1m forward no-look pass, but ahhh, they were on to him. Sneaky Adam. Matulino had a few strong carries and looked solid. Pritchard was okay, but come through steam-rolling at the right moment for the big play. Luke, as always, looked dangerous, but it didn't amount to any major plays. Leuluai was solid at hooker too. I don't remember much of Bronson, TBH.

2big2strong_old

I think the quiet achiever was Sika Manu. I think he bent the line more than any other forward and made at least 1 line break and a couple half breaks as well. Very dominant performance from him.

Ryan_old

I think the quiet achiever was Sika Manu. I think he bent the line more than any other forward and made at least 1 line break and a couple half breaks as well. Very dominant performance from him.
Fukc! I knew I forgot someone! Manu was the shit too!

Spence_old

I don't think Leuluai played hooker?

Lol at thinking they were on to Adam Blair, if he doesn't want to get caught, he doesn't.

Ryan_old

BTW, how'd you go with watching the Maori match? Did you download and watch, or stream, or what?