Sports Cricket World Cup 2023

This is actually farcical. What kind of contest could possibly be had in these conditions? Poles apart.

It's annoying because I think we were up for this game, just haven't been able to get enough parity to get into the game by the cricketing gods.

On a slow pitch, 5 overs at 6.5 an over is more than acceptable and underutilized, especially in tonight's conditions

I agree that is handy.

But if they consider him part time then it's exactly what you are looking for.

If he concedes 30 of his next 2 overs as a target then all of a sudden he's going at 10s

I agree that others have bowled poorly though

This is actually farcical. What kind of contest could possibly be had in these conditions? Poles apart.

It's annoying because I think we were up for this game, just haven't been able to get enough parity to get into the game by the cricketing gods.

Was told that only one team batting 2nd has won here and that was Aus v AFG who should have been 113/8 and bundled out for 120 if Mujeeb had taken the simplest of catches

Was told that only one team batting 2nd has won here and that was Aus v AFG who should have been 113/8 and bundled out for 120 if Mujeeb had taken the simplest of catches

I have never seen a game so far apart in conditions.

NZ with two swing bowling maestros bowled ball one with a solitary third slip and Gill was able to drive loosely away from his body and hit the middle of the bat time and again.

NZ is actually having to play test cricket to survive. Bumrah can't control the ball it is moving so much. and it looks like it might do this for 20 overs.

This World Cup has just not been up to standard, and I would say that if the shoe was on the other foot. Farcical

Could barely watch 5 overs before switching it off. Nothing short of corrupt.

Never expected NZ to win in a fair contest, but this isn't even close to approaching fair.

India cooked the pitch just on the off chance they lost the toss, it had bare patches ready to spin from the start.

SA 399 beat England 170 (England were 100/8
SA 382 beat Bangladesh 233 (Bangladesh were 81/6)
India 357 beat Sri Lanka 55
Aussie 113/8 vs huge underdogs.

And they are playing a finals match here...

Again NZ punching above their weight and coping with it better than the others sans Maxwell who should have been out early.

Last edited:
SA 399 beat England 170 (England were 100/8
SA 382 beat Bangladesh 233 (Bangladesh were 81/6)
India 357 beat Sri Lanka 55
Aussie 113/8 vs huge underdogs.

And they are playing a finals match here...

Again NZ punching above their weight and coping with it better than the others sans Maxwell who should have been out early.
This match is playing out similarly... survive the first 10-15 overs of the second innings and you get an opportunity to match Maxwell's heroics. Not really the balanced pitch befitting of a CWC though.

We always punch above our weight. I really hope we start developing some bowlers. Need some overseas bowling coaches to support domestic cricket and need our spinners playing overseas and not on our green surfaces.
It will be a changing of the guard with Southee and Boult being our incumbents for so long in all formats.

This world cup has been a strange one for all bowlers. It's been jading watching even the best in the world go for 80.

24-4. Just made the Tchwenty Tchauw For Tchauw.
How we lost to this shower of shit I don't know.
So the Final's going to be between Shit A - India and Shit B - Australia.
Guess I'm going for Australia, since India will probably pull more jiggery-pokery over the pitches, since the ICC seem to be ka pai with that...

Back