Rumour Kearney to depart Eels: report

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Kearney only got the players he could get....Sandow is the only "star" signing....As for the Kiwis, I like Kearney but am getting the impression that he makes a good no 2.
No to Iro and Ackland..

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Bluey, if he desn't come right, wiill get the boot at the end of the season. The club will have put out feelers mid season and Tim Sheens will be signed for 2014

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
vision... more like a wild dream. Bluey will be coach next year even if we get the wooden spoon and I'll bet you money on that. My mate who runs with the Eels U20 team told me that Kearney was pushed by the players and not the board.
That wouldnt surprise me. I remember commenting on a press conference last year where Kearney said 'we are going to stick to the plan' and Hindmarsh completely slumped back in his chair and his face and shoulders visibly dropped. It looked like he wasnt happy at all and had no confidence in what Kearney was saying.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Yeah pretty obvious all right. The way the teams going now proves it IMO. Probably why Hindmarsh wanted to retire? Apparently Kearney was quite a tough task manager. If your a Bellamy or Bennett and walk into a team, take down names and kick some ass then the boys are going to respond because you have the rep and results to back it up but when your largely unproven and dont have the mana to carry that approach then I suppose some people will resent that. I dont know, psycho babble... sad whatever the case is for Kearney. Mr Perfect. Heard an old Kiwi team mate say he was the worst person to room with because he'd set his alarm for every 4 hours so he could drink water to hydrate after games! Anal...

Reactions: Brother Faisal

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
vision... more like a wild dream. Bluey will be coach next year even if we get the wooden spoon and I'll bet you money on that. My mate who runs with the Eels U20 team told me that Kearney was pushed by the players and not the board.
thats what i said. bluey will be coach until the end of next season...then.......

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
The problem with Kearney is he tried to play the Storm game without the players required...Hayne isn't Slater, not even close...Sandow isn't Cronk, not even close, and
arguably most importantly, whoever Kearney had playing hooker sure as hell wasn't Smith.

What made him a bad coach was, he couldn't recognize that he didn't have the right players to copy the Storm, or he didn't have the ability to create his own style based on
the players he had at his disposal...either way, it's no surprise he failed and no surprise the players didn't buy into his coaching.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
The players can only blame the coach for so long, with Stuart haven't they just got their 7th coach in 8 seasons and thats not counting this years caretaker. At some point someone has to accept the players themselves are responsible for their results. Blaming the front office and coaching staff alone, if accepted as the only reason is just a cop out. If the think Kearney was being mean to them they may as well leave now because I can't see Stuart being too touchy feely with that pack of slackers either.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
The problem with Kearney is he tried to play the Storm game without the players required...Hayne isn't Slater, not even close...Sandow isn't Cronk, not even close, and
arguably most importantly, whoever Kearney had playing hooker sure as hell wasn't Smith.

What made him a bad coach was, he couldn't recognize that he didn't have the right players to copy the Storm, or he didn't have the ability to create his own style based on
the players he had at his disposal...either way, it's no surprise he failed and no surprise the players didn't buy into his coaching.
they seem to have been able to score points ok this season and i quite like their structures in attack. it has been their defence that has hurt them. i think kearney has done what was needed bringing in some of the eels juniors and moving on some of the dead wood. if only the players had put in sooner than now.

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
The players can only blame the coach for so long, with Stuart haven't they just got their 7th coach in 8 seasons and thats not counting this years caretaker. At some point someone has to accept the players themselves are responsible for their results. Blaming the front office and coaching staff alone, if accepted as the only reason is just a cop out. If the think Kearney was being mean to them they may as well leave now because I can't see Stuart being too touchy feely with that pack of slackers either.

They haven't looked like a bunch of slackers since Kearney announced his resignation...they look like a happy team, that have been let off the Bellamy wannabe's leash.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
They haven't looked like a bunch of slackers since Kearney announced his resignation...they look like a happy team, that have been let off the Bellamy wannabe's leash.

After their first win this year Hayne came out and said they won because they just dropped the structure and played football, something that hadn't happened in the past. It lasted one whole game then they returned to sucking. If their current "outstanding" form is anymore than a blip I'll be surprised. They will be back to what they know best soon. Besides I'll stick to my original statement that they were crap before Kearney arrived.

Reactions: Inruin

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
After their first win this year Hayne came out and said they won because they just dropped the structure and played football, something that hadn't happened in the past. It lasted one whole game then they returned to sucking. If their current "outstanding" form is anymore than a blip I'll be surprised. They will be back to what they know best soon. Besides I'll stick to my original statement that they were crap before Kearney arrived.

They may have been crap when Kearney got there, they may not...but after spending plenty on recruitment and implementing his "borrowed" play style...all he managed to do
was turn an average team into a joke.

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Did anyone watch that Eels Versus Jared Cat -Well game? Those commentators need to be found hanging in their cells. The Tigers miss nearly half a century of tackles, and then those wacky nut jobs have the hide to warn Melbourne that if the Tigers attack like that Melbourne are in trouble. Comments like that make it all seem like a set up, con job. They are either the dumbest human beings to breath or they're literally appeasing certain results.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Did anyone watch that Eels Versus Jared Cat -Well game? Those commentators need to be found hanging in their cells. The Tigers miss nearly a century of tackles, and then those wacky nut jobs have the hide to warn Melbourne that if the Tigers attack like that Melbourne are in trouble. Comments like that make it all seem like a set up, con job. They are either the dumbest human beings to breath or they're literally appeasing certain results.
Yeah i do wonder if the nrl is rigged at times. Last year there was the drama about the AFL making a push into west sydney and the comms started talking the tigers up big time. There was a feeling they were getting a free ride from refs aswell, not just me feeling that but I read people with the same impression on league unlimited.

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah i do wonder if the nrl is rigged at times. Last year there was the drama about the AFL making a push into west sydney and the comms started talking the tigers up big time. There was a feeling they were getting a free ride from refs aswell, not just me feeling that but I read people with the same impression on league unlimited.

Very true. The Tigers started getting major tugs on their boat about last season. Ordinary games would turn into becoming to Jesus like miracles. Who can forget Gould's constant, constant tugging the Tigers. "GO Keithy!!", "But it's Sunday Football Rabs!!", and of course the "Tigers are the entertainers" but other team's "just throw it around". And lest us forget, that stunning semi final performance from Mr. Hayne to get them home.

Moz

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Gold Coast
Reactions: fanrrior

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player