General Just let him go Warriors

danco_old

does lance want to leave the warriors, we seem to be makeing the decision for him???

Skinny_Ravs82

danco said:
does lance want to leave the warriors, we seem to be makeing the decision for him???

I don't know, but some one should ask him perhaps. I do remember some one saying he had been talking to the Wests Tigers coach earlier in the year but other than that nothing said really

Jesbass_old

2black2strong said:
Jesbass said:
Inglis is a winger, right? Or Slater's backup fullback? One of those, lol...

Any word on who will take his newly vacated position?

no, he's not a winger, he's a fullback/centre being groomed as a five eighth, if anything Billy Slater is Greg Inglis' back up. Greg Inglis in my honest opinion has got more skill than Sonny or Benji do you watch many storm games?

Thanks for the clarification, 2b2s. :)

waipiro_old

Lance has had a heap of chances over the years. Even wwith stacey outside him at 6 he failed to impress.

His kicking game is inconsistent and the best he has looked in the last few years is when he was at 9. The amount of times he kicks out on the full drives me nuts.

No doubt he has talent but lacks consistency and mental toughness. If he wants to stay then he may come right in a few years and find a position in the team. If he wants to go then no great loss IMO.

2big2strong_old

Jesbass said:
2black2strong said:
Jesbass said:

no, he's not a winger, he's a fullback/centre being groomed as a five eighth, if anything Billy Slater is Greg Inglis' back up. Greg Inglis in my honest opinion has got more skill than Sonny or Benji do you watch many storm games?

no worries pal, do they show many storm games back in NZ? i know we get limited games up here in QLD, but they are fast becoming one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the NRL. last weekends game against the sharks was possibly the game of the year, possibly on a par with the storms game against the Dogs a few weeks back. Im a big fan of the way they play. Inglis and webster are freaks, im stoked we've stictched up websters future in the Kiwi's. if you get the opportunity, watch em when you can ;)

Jesbass_old

2black2strong said:
Jesbass said:
2black2strong said:
Jesbass said:

no worries pal, do they show many storm games back in NZ? i know we get limited games up here in QLD, but they are fast becoming one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the NRL. last weekends game against the sharks was possibly the game of the year, possibly on a par with the storms game against the Dogs a few weeks back. Im a big fan of the way they play. Inglis and webster are freaks, im stoked we've stictched up websters future in the Kiwi's. if you get the opportunity, watch em when you can ;)

We get about three matches a week, (I think), on Sky TV, but I'm not fortunate enough to own Sky, so the only free-to-air matches are Warriors matches. It looks like the only time I'll get to see the Storm play in the regular season will be when we play them, and I doubt that'll be very exciting, lol! :lol:

commonsense_old

waipiro said:
Lance has had a heap of chances over the years. Even wwith stacey outside him at 6 he failed to impress.

His kicking game is inconsistent and the best he has looked in the last few years is when he was at 9. The amount of times he kicks out on the full drives me nuts.

No doubt he has talent but lacks consistency and mental toughness. If he wants to stay then he may come right in a few years and find a position in the team. If he wants to go then no great loss IMO.

that sounds more like a description of nathan fien.

sebastian_old

2black2strong said:
i agree that Hohaia should be released to another NRL club. He has got some of the best skills in the Warriors but they are being wasted. I'd love to see him tearing it up in a #7 jersey for anyone except a superleague team. too many of our players go over there and your limited as to how often you get to see them play on tv

Whats our win loss record with Gatis v.s Hohaia, Hohaia obviously helps this team win. Gatis has been back for 2 weeks & we've sucked with him, i'm not totaly blaming him, i just can't understand what Cleary sees in Gatis & doesn't see in Hohaia. I feel sorry for Hohaia too, we treat him like shite, we deserve to lose him, we win 4 in a row for the 1st time in years then drop him because we lose a golden point game, explain that!!!

patty_old

yep get rid of hohaia he is absolutly crap and doesnt belong on our playing roster. look how well he played in 2002, he was meant to be the next best thing in 2002. fast forward to the end of 2006 people and he is useless and a waste of money. we got rid of dead wood like toopi and villasanti who have done nothing in the last 3 years. now its time for hohaia get rid of him cause he has done nothing in the last 3 years.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

We should keep Hohaia as i believe he still has the injury he recieved in last years Tri-Nations.

He will be in the Warriors starting line-up next year.

watch this space

Skinny_Ravs82

ONETRIBECHIEF said:
We should keep Hohaia as i believe he still has the injury he recieved in last years Tri-Nations.

He will be in the Warriors starting line-up next year.

watch this space

*sits and watches space* :lol:

-Dr.J-_old

To be fair, he was hot this time last season. He was doing good yup till his Tri Nation injury.

Don't want him at 6 tho, and he's a good attacker but not a tackling hooker, which makes him ideal only as an impact bench hooker.

So sadly, although his potential is known, it's his missing the boat on the 7 jumper by not being seen there for ages combined with a badly timed injury... And his general dislike for the 9 jumper and other personal issues... That have left him in no mans land.

I don't blame the club that much.

Jesbass_old

patty said:
yep get rid of hohaia he is absolutly crap and doesnt belong on our playing roster. look how well he played in 2002, he was meant to be the next best thing in 2002. fast forward to the end of 2006 people and he is useless and a waste of money. we got rid of dead wood like toopi and villasanti who have done nothing in the last 3 years. now its time for hohaia get rid of him cause he has done nothing in the last 3 years.

I'm assuming you didn't see him perform at this time of year in 2005? The guy was in sizzling form, and he carried that into the Tri-Nations. Sadly, though, his injuries seem to have affected him somewhat.