Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he actually called it quits. He was apparently close to doing so after last season
He got wrecked making a tackle and should have got taken off.

It’s was both sad knowing that the game was over but also heartwarming. He should have never come back on the 2nd half but he toughed it out for another 25mins.

I said during the week we would need field position as most of our points this season were from within the opposition 20. The Broncos were more likely to score from long range.

In the first half if we got down their end we managed to create points. They were tearing us to shreds as well at points.

The second half we just didn't get the quality field position.

Some thoughts from the game.

Caveat. Love the team and am stoked we got 3rd. We overachieved massively this season.

This is harsh, time to improve things, type comment.

1. We weren’t really in that game after the Broncs first try. All the dominance was the Broncs. We’d try and pull momentum back

2. We are too slow right across the park. It’s obvious on every break.

3. We are too old; all our vets were ragged by half times. Tohu spent half the game on his haunches or struggling to get back to the defensive line.

4. Haas absolutely owned AFB.

5. SJ tried to carry the team but we had no 13 and no 6.

6. Webby struggles to beat top teams. There’s no variation for teams that are better than us. Getting beaten in the offload count in both the Penrith and Broncs games is not a good sign.
Do you reckon the time slot in Nz time meant our older guys were ready for bed?
The weather was kind to us after thursdays 35 degree day
Yeah Haas and Flegler owned us

Some thoughts from the game.

Caveat. Love the team and am stoked we got 3rd. We overachieved massively this season.

This is harsh, time to improve things, type comment.

1. We weren’t really in that game after the Broncs first try. All the dominance was the Broncs. We’d try and pull momentum back

2. We are too slow right across the park. It’s obvious on every break.

3. We are too old; all our vets were ragged by half times. Tohu spent half the game on his haunches or struggling to get back to the defensive line.

4. Haas absolutely owned AFB.

5. SJ tried to carry the team but we had no 13 and no 6.

6. Webby struggles to beat top teams. There’s no variation for teams that are better than us. Getting beaten in the offload count in both the Penrith and Broncs games is not a good sign.
We showed ourselves as flat track bullys. And hey that’s better than 15th! But yeah we need to find a way to vary our game as it’s too easy for good teams to pick uS apart. Offloads and sniping around the ruck. When we kick chase well and get dominant in the tackle we can beat anyone but very vulnerable at other times. It’s not just webby I’m stoked with. It’s Stacey unlocking SJ, Richard Agar with the attack and also our Reserve Grade team. The whole club can be proud of this year. What a turnaround from those dark days of Covid where some people were saying we should just throw in the towel. Awesome

Do you reckon the time slot in Nz time meant our older guys were ready for bed?
The weather was kind to us after thursdays 35 degree day
Yeah Haas and Flegler owned us
The 10pm kickoff needs to be looked at. We need the kids watching the game if we want to challenge union and get a second team. Just need to consistently make the finals. The Newcastle game was phenomenal and the nrl should be taking notice

A couple of thoughts.

The gap between Johnson and the next 7 is massive. Hence the reason why I think our GF window is small.

Jazz played like an individual tonight, super disappointed in him to be honest

On goal kicking who is the next in line after SJ and Pompey? RTS is supposed to take Pompeys spot right?

I’m super hopeful Sifakula and Zyon Maiu’u can be the dynamic forward and impact that we need to change games.

Ahh man still gutted…….

We showed ourselves as flat track bullys. And hey that’s better than 15th! But yeah we need to find a way to vary our game as it’s too easy for good teams to pick uS apart. Offloads and sniping around the ruck. When we kick chase well and get dominant in the tackle we can beat anyone but very vulnerable at other times. It’s not just webby I’m stoked with. It’s Stacey unlocking SJ, Richard Agar with the attack and also our Reserve Grade team. The whole club can be proud of this year. What a turnaround from those dark days of Covid where some people were saying we should just throw in the towel. Awesome
Yeah I’m not down at all. In fact I went into this week happy win or lose.

I really think the finals have shown what the difference is at the top 2 teams.

I would love to see more youth in the 17 next year.

Kosi
Ale
Going
Volkman
Metcalf
Taine

A couple of thoughts.

The gap between Johnson and the next 7 is massive. Hence the reason why I think our GF window is small.

Jazz played like an individual tonight, super disappointed in him to be honest

On goal kicking who is the next in line after SJ and Pompey? RTS is supposed to take Pompeys spot right?

I’m super hopeful Sifakula and Zyon Maiu’u can be the dynamic forward and impact that we need to change games.

Ahh man still gutted…….
Metcalf, CHT

Webby got asked if bunker should rule on obvious things like the forward pass. He said he didn't want to talk about it.

Screenshot_20230924-004807.png

Back