Social Finding Heidi podcast

Tell you one thing. Some of these witnesses have pretty amazing photographic memory recollecting what happened +30years ago when I struggle to remember what I did yesterday
If you have the time, this is not a bad podcast about the disappearance of Dean Fuller Sandys, in 1989...the same year as the Swedes...funny that!!.
Many of the witnesses have police records, so memories, honesty and all are highly suspect. A lot of truth mixed with half truth and fiction.
Very similar to what I heard on the Ryan Wolf podcast.
Oh, and wait for it, the Detective Inspector in charge of the investigation later went to prison for dealing in dope!!!
A conspiracy theorist could have a field day on that. :ROFLMAO:

If you have the time, this is not a bad podcast about the disappearance of Dean Fuller Sandys, in 1989...the same year as the Swedes...funny that!!.
Many of the witnesses have police records, so memories, honesty and all are highly suspect. A lot of truth mixed with half truth and fiction.
Oh, and wait for it, the Detective Inspector in charge of the investigation later went to prison for dealing in dope!!!

Cheers will listen

The podcast now has 5 more episodes to come and there is more evidence to hear. At this point, I think a high level summary of the evidence in the podcast might be:

- the Turners lived on the Taikato property in Parakiwai and were involved in the drug scene
- Tamihere was known to frequent the area behind the Taikato farm and to tramp more broadly across the coromandel wilderness
- Tamihere and David Turner look a bit alike. Turner also had a blonde girlfriend Heidi’s age
- the Swedes were confirmed to be in Thames on 7 April
- the Swedes were seen driving with a hitchhiker resembling Tamihere on 7 April
- a couple resembling Tamihere and Heidi, but likely not them, was seen in Crosbies Clearing on 8 April
- the Swedes and a man resembling Tamihere were seen driving into Parakiwai on 9/10 April
- the Swedes were seen on the Taikato farm being stood over by the Turner brothers with Heidi led away (likely 8/9 April)
- man resembling Tamihere seen driving Heidi To the back of the Taikato farm (likely 8/9 April)
- car matching the Swedes seen at the back of Taikato farm on 8/9/10 April
- Urbans body found at the back of Taikato farm
- Tamihere is in Thames driving other tourists around and then up to Auckland on 10/11 april
- couple resembling Tamihere and Heidi seen north of Whangamatta in days/ weeks after April 10
- Tamihere gaoled on unrelated charges on 24 May
- Swedes disappearance made public 26 May

The podcast now has 5 more episodes to come and there is more evidence to hear. At this point, I think a high level summary of the evidence in the podcast might be:

- the Turners lived on the Taikato property in Parakiwai and were involved in the drug scene
- Tamihere was known to frequent the area behind the Taikato farm and to tramp more broadly across the coromandel wilderness
- Tamihere and David Turner look a bit alike. Turner also had a blonde girlfriend Heidi’s age
- the Swedes were confirmed to be in Thames on 7 April
- the Swedes were seen driving with a hitchhiker resembling Tamihere on 7 April
- a couple resembling Tamihere and Heidi, but likely not them, was seen in Crosbies Clearing on 8 April
- the Swedes and a man resembling Tamihere were seen driving into Parakiwai on 9/10 April
- the Swedes were seen on the Taikato farm being stood over by the Turner brothers with Heidi led away (likely 8/9 April)
- man resembling Tamihere seen driving Heidi To the back of the Taikato farm (likely 8/9 April)
- car matching the Swedes seen at the back of Taikato farm on 8/9/10 April
- Urbans body found at the back of Taikato farm
- Tamihere is in Thames driving other tourists around and then up to Auckland on 10/11 april
- couple resembling Tamihere and Heidi seen north of Whangamatta in days/ weeks after April 10
- Tamihere gaoled on unrelated charges on 24 May
- Swedes disappearance made public 26 May
Great run down. 5 more episodes! Must be more witnesses come forward! Exciting stuff - I’m getting into this case.

The evidence seems to be pointing solidly towards bear Turner being a key player but where is he today? Is he still alive?

And most importantly, even if they figure out what happened, does anyone think that will result in actually find Heidi?

Great run down. 5 more episodes! Must be more witnesses come forward! Exciting stuff - I’m getting into this case.

The evidence seems to be pointing solidly towards bear Turner being a key player but where is he today? Is he still alive?

And most importantly, even if they figure out what happened, does anyone think that will result in actually find Heidi?
Bear is very much alive, and speaks to Ryan for about 5 minutes in the most recently published episode (still only for subscribers)

Bear is very much alive, and speaks to Ryan for about 5 minutes in the most recently published episode (still only for subscribers)

Bear sounds like a fairly respectable individual. Or at least he did from the phone call with Wolf.

Yet Wolf comes across as quite naïve - especially when talking to Turner and being so concerned about his safety. In others, its like hes trying too hard in wanting to believe the stories told by these various witnesses, rather than realising the holes in their stories aka Donald Turners GF being sure Tamihere arrived with Heidi and left the farm alone... therefore concluding the body is definitely beyond doubt at the farm...

Hopefully the additional episodes involves discussions with the turners as I am intrigued to hear the other side of the story...

Wolf comes across as quite naïve
That is one word for it, he definitely is not a trained investigator, and I am staggered he has a law degree.

By investigator, I don't necessarily mean a detective, which he sure isn't, but a critical thinker, looking at the facts, and how they fit.

My guess is the cops he spoke to raised their eyebrows afterwards.

Experienced cops don't get excited easily in an investigation. That is because they become very hardened to life.

My guess is the only thing that shocked them was the thought of Heidi being alone with David Tamihere, that is not a nice thought at all.

What does he do for a living? Or is that a farking stupid question? ;)

rather than realising the holes in their stories aka Donald Turners GF being sure Tamihere arrived with Heidi and left the farm alone...
I thought Tamihere left the farm with Heidi in the small green car?. Heide was not seen again.

I thought Tamihere left the farm with Heidi in the small green car?. Heide was not seen again.
Happy to be corrected, but I thought she saw two people arrived at the farm in the morning (man & women), and only one left (man) late afternoon, and she was sure because it was a one-way road…

Happy to be corrected, but I thought she saw two people arrived at the farm in the morning (man & women), and only one left (man) late afternoon, and she was sure because it was a one-way road…
I need to (try)and listen again.

I was sure she left in the car, up the one way road, with Tamihere,looking very uncomfortable.

But I cannot swear to that...maybe somebody can help out.

Eating, sleeping, pooping or posting on this forum? 😉
Nah, I was working my arse off 12 - 14 hours a day...but I remember it...and sorry to cross threads but I forgot:
Bill Harrigan refereed the first Warriors game in 1995
Eddie Ward refereed the Manly Knights game in 1992
...and my seat number in 1995...
so yes a lot of those drug addled witnesses could be astray

Bear sounds like a fairly respectable individual.
I find that interesting.

Most guys guilty of a heinous crime would not talk to anybody, and their lawyers would tell them to do that as well.

Here are the things that bug me:

How did the Swedes gear get to Crosbies Clearing, and why? It was last with them at the Quarry Road in Whangamata.

Was the couple at Crosbies seen by the trampers Bear Turner and his blonde missus with the makeup?

I find it an amazing coincidence that there was another tall stunning blonde at the Clearing as well about that time. It isn't Mount Maunganui Beach or even Whangamata Beach.

If it was them, that is a hell of an effort to set David Tamihere up, with his tent as well.

Tamihere was not seen with Sven at the Turner place, so where was he? he was seen with them in the car earlier that day.

If, and that is a bloody big if, Tamihere had nothing to do with this, why did he deny seeing the Swedes,when he clearly hitched a ride with them?

I need to (try)and listen again.

I was sure she left in the car, up the one way road, with Tamihere,looking very uncomfortable.

But I cannot swear to that...maybe somebody can help out.
Christine says she saw Tamihere drive Heidi to the bush at the back of the farm and when he drove out again she was gone

Bear Turner in the most recent episode says Tamihere took her north

Got through the first episode. It’s always about drugs in some way shape or form….

Didn’t know there were so many dodgy characters in NZ.. supposedly one of the safest countries in the world? .. supposedly…

Back