General Warriors Preseason 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man look at the shape SJ is in. Could go for a couple more seasons in that condition.
Probably why they let volkman go? Free up cash and know that SJ may well play on in 2025 with Tohu if we have results that match or exceed 2023…

Exciting times!

Just an observation but good to see rts in the front of the pack in every pic I've seen I think we all have come to expect and know he is the ultimate professional but if he comes back more hungry and determined than ever he might finish quite high up on the best centers list after this season nice to be able to have a little faith in the coaching abilities around the club penrith have made so many good centers over the past couple of years so hopefully webby can replicate that.

Each time I look at the Warriors instagram page I’m more and more confident we’re in for an exciting season as fans. The squad looks so fit, strong and eager already and there looks a genuine enjoyment around each other. Was interested today to see the broncos saying Selwyn Cobbo will replace Herbie Farnsworth in the centres, I think it’ll work offensively but I think his defence is questionable.

Each time I look at the Warriors instagram page I’m more and more confident we’re in for an exciting season as fans. The squad looks so fit, strong and eager already and there looks a genuine enjoyment around each other. Was interested today to see the broncos saying Selwyn Cobbo will replace Herbie Farnsworth in the centres, I think it’ll work offensively but I think his defence is questionable.
Works for us if we have RTS opposite him. Cobbo is a talented player but he switches off in games all the time.

Agree. Cobbo doesn't have the head for it IMO. He's a Paul Hoff type who takes a while to wind up. A centre needs to explode into his run. And yeah he is a reactive defender, jersey puller type. A great FB or winger though.

Haha reminds me of a time 30+ years ago when all the kids would hang outside the local dairy waiting for their turn on street fighter 2 🤣
Good times!!
My hometown had quite a few places with that game.

A dedicated arcade game store.
The back of a barbers.
2 x Fish and Chip stores.
A video store.

You could walk around town to find different opposition or a free machine. Well it wouldn't be free for long.

I wouldn't be surprised if those machines helped keep some of those places in business or the Street Fighter machines at least competed against their main revenue source.

My hometown had quite a few places with that game.

A dedicated arcade game store.
The back of a barbers.
2 x Fish and Chip stores.
A video store.

You could walk around town to find different opposition or a free machine. Well it wouldn't be free for long.

I wouldn't be surprised if those machines helped keep some of those places in business or the Street Fighter machines at least competed against their main revenue source.
Getting out of the house with your mates. Trying to prove your place amongst the best in your area. Had to be focused because you only had a limited number of coins to spend.

Now they just sit at home on the PlayStation.

Getting out of the house with your mates. Trying to prove your place amongst the best in your area. Had to be focused because you only had a limited number of coins to spend.

Now they just sit at home on the PlayStation.
The shit talking isn't done face to face now either.

I frequented these places as it was the place to hang out with everyone. I was terrible at that game back then. Quite a lot better now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back