Recruitment What things should the Warriors do outside of 1st Grade to gain/retain fans?

Once SJ retires, get him involved in the grassroots development and marketing. Get him out there to talk to the primary schools. Let him be the face of Rugby League to the non-Polynesian demographic

He is dead set a superstar with the kids (and a few adults cough cough..)

My 8 yr old doesn’t know much about sports but he knows Shuan Johnson from school lunch time banter.

Once SJ retires, get him involved in the grassroots development and marketing. Get him out there to talk to the primary schools. Let him be the face of Rugby League to the non-Polynesian demographic

My 8 yr old doesn’t know much about sports but he knows Shuan Johnson from school lunch time banter.
I reckon he’d love it being a father. I think he’d be awesome if there was a position like that available.

Great ideas. I'm pretty sure Fox is ready for him, I've been assuming ut would be his next step. But yeah it would be a massive fain for league here for him to be in schools. Sky should scoop him up and team him up with Blairy and Montz. Don't let Aussie pinch him like SBW, Gazza etc.

Pretty sure sj wanting to remain in NZ will be a big factor in what he does post his playing career.
At best he would just use the Aussie demand as leverage for better pay.