Player Josh Curran

Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Hard to see a situation where Curran is still in a Warriors jersey after all this. He'll probably be let go by the Warriors in trying to be seen to do the right thing, and then sign a 100k contract with the Roosters with the NRL comfortable he learnt his lesson. LOL.

Why can't we have nice things?

Toookey

Toookey

Guy must have been so blind .... trying to buy rack of a 16yrold
To his credit, it appears the 16 year old knew where to get it lol.

Also, he clearly wasn't buying it for himself. Fookin' stink of his friends/family to get the high profile star to sort this.

But yeah, unfortunately can't see him getting a slap on the wrist for this

snake77

snake77

For a club that has normally been pretty quiet in terms of the pre-season dramas we have now had two season in a row with incidents. It seems we start having mishaps while the rest seem to be improving. I know there is still a long time to go in the off season plus they get a few weeks off over Christmas so plenty of time for someone to fall asleep outside a police station, simulate sex with a dog or maybe something new like skinny dipping in some random couples swimming pool.

It's likely the 16 year old won't get into any trouble being in a night club under age. I'm guessing that is more something they need to be caught in the act. Also guess that would just end up with a GTFO of here. Also a bit of a worry that the 16 year old is the contact to get cocaine.

We might get more of an idea of Curran's fate after December 7th when he appears in court. Mind you that could just end up with a trial date 3-12 months away.

A shame Curran after getting his weight down and getting in shape he was getting his career going. This could set him back quite a bit now.

AlexM

AlexM

I imagine it was a case of the 16 year old promising more than he could deliver maybe?
Thinking he was a bit too cool?
That's how it sounds anyway

Reactions: YeahNah 4020
Blackdot

Blackdot

Sad to hear more details come out. Curran is one of my favourite players so I was kinda in denial and hoping it would turn out to be less serious than it sounded, but that’s really bad.

Can someone read between the lines and guess some context for Curran taking the kids phone? I can only guess, other than just being completely off his head, that Curran thought the kid was going to blackmail him with something he recorded/photographed. That seems like a stretch though, but it’s a confusing part of the story.

Defence

Defence

Sad to hear more details come out. Curran is one of my favourite players so I was kinda in denial and hoping it would turn out to be less serious than it sounded, but that’s really bad.

Can someone read between the lines and guess some context for Curran taking the kids phone? I can only guess, other than just being completely off his head, that Curran thought the kid was going to blackmail him with something he recorded/photographed. That seems like a stretch though, but it’s a confusing part of the story.
I reckon they had a line while they were in there and old mate took a photo of Curran.
Curran tells the young fella to hand the phone over and when he doesn't, Curran gives him a straight right in the Barry beef.

Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse eh :banghead:

Fonzie

Fonzie

Contributor
Hard to see a situation where Curran is still in a Warriors jersey after all this. He'll probably be let go by the Warriors in trying to be seen to do the right thing, and then sign a 100k contract with the Roosters with the NRL comfortable he learnt his lesson. LOL.

Why can't we have nice things?
Whoa let’s slow down a bit; those are the police facts, not the agreed facts. We haven’t heard Josh’s version yet.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Josh’s version

“Random kid tried to sell me drugs your honour.

He had a phone. Looked like the one I Iost your honour. So I took it back.

Then he tried to punch my fist with his face your honour.

I am a victim…. aye.

I don’t do drugs. Reece Walsh will attest to that aye.”

👀

WarriorDave

WarriorDave

Cocaine ban (Walsh, Munster, Smith, Proctor, Bromwich) 2 games
Punching someone (NAS in Bali, Cody Walker kicking someone in a street fight) 2-3 games

Why do we think Curran's ban will be longer than those instances?
Stronger crack down by NRL? Because of the police involvement?
My thoughts as well, depends on what charges get laid and stick I guess - considering he wasn't actually caught with cocaine and was only allegedly wanting to buy some that caused an issue. I don't know if they can even really punish that side of things other than it being a moral no-no.

The assault charges they've set a precedent previously so we'll have to wait and see.

JaggedJ

Cocaine ban (Walsh, Munster, Smith, Proctor, Bromwich) 2 games
Punching someone (NAS in Bali, Cody Walker kicking someone in a street fight) 2-3 games

Why do we think Curran's ban will be longer than those instances?
Stronger crack down by NRL? Because of the police involvement?

The cocaine part isn't the issue. NAS and Walker sren't comparable, they were wrong place, wrong time when they were defending friends.

Curran punched out a 16 year old allegedly. The NRL will not see those situations as comparable.