Player Josh Curran

Mr Brownstone

We're forgetting the standard Warriors tax, which based off of what Marcelo got earlier this year would probably be 12 games :rolleyes:

One thing to consider when comparing to the Taylan May case is that this was assault against a minor - I'm not a legal expert but I'd guess there might be a difference in the ages? 🤔
The minor was illegally at the venue. Look I’m normally staunchly for the no dickheads policy, however fuck it - a focused Curran is one of our best players & if it’s good enough for the champs (Taylan May) then it’s good enough for us.

Hitro

Hitro

The minor was illegally at the venue. Look I’m normally staunchly for the no dickheads policy, however fuck it - a focused Curran is one of our best players & if it’s good enough for the champs (Taylan May) then it’s good enough for us.
The other issue if the club backs him is how well is he going to play with a court case hanging over his head? Could be in a pretty bad headspace

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I doubt the court will consider that he was a kid and illegally at the club in favour of Curran.

WarriorDave

WarriorDave

Totally agree with you on that one - I think the no dickheads policy is a nice idea, but it's not realistic in league 😅 every team has them haha

Since95

Since95

Hard to see a situation where Curran is still in a Warriors jersey after all this. He'll probably be let go by the Warriors in trying to be seen to do the right thing, and then sign a 100k contract with the Roosters with the NRL comfortable he learnt his lesson. LOL.

Why can't we have nice things?
I can see a way out of this. Because currently it is all circumstantial.

Curran hasn't said anything which is a wise thing to do.

They still glossing over the nightclubs eff up to one allow a 16 year old in and two let him well drugs in their establishment.

Provided Curran didn't take or obtain drugs a fine should be sweet with course of Counselling to keep his mind right and out of trouble for the future.

dean

I can see a way out of this. Because currently it is all circumstantial.

Curran hasn't said anything which is a wise thing to do.

They still glossing over the nightclubs eff up to one allow a 16 year old in and two let him well drugs in their establishment.

Provided Curran didn't take or obtain drugs a fine should be sweet with course of Counselling to keep his mind right and out of trouble for the future.
Isn't the bigger issue that he supposedly knocked someones teeth out?

Reactions: tajhay and Defence
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

The other issue if the club backs him is how well is he going to play with a court case hanging over his head? Could be in a pretty bad headspace
Kobe played well when he had a (much worse) case hanging over his head “he was playing for his freedom” - Dave Chappelle 🤣🤣
It can go either way….

Since95

Since95

Isn't the bigger issue that he supposedly knocked someones teeth out?
Yeah there is that too. Usually people don't punch people for no reason.

But without all the info all there is is speculation.

I'm not saying he's without fault. He is a public figure.

I seen Benji one night in Queensland with people that just invaded his space and pulled at him like they owned him. He verbally asked them to leave him alone and it got progressively worse.

He handled it well but it was clearly frustrating for him.

For Curran/Warriors cause I'm hoping like he'll he was provoked beyond measure. And it was self defence one and done. And there's footage to back it up.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
I see it as josh asked for the drugs the young dude filmed him doing a line josh said give me your fing phone young dude said no josh punch to the mouth and grabs phone, simple as that .......
But I have had a few beers so who knows

dean

For Curran/Warriors cause I'm hoping like he'll he was provoked beyond measure. And it was self defence one and done. And there's footage to back it up.
I don't know what happened. I haven't heard that Curran suffered any injuries or that he was defending himself.
It's reported he has punched a 16 year old and he has missing teeth to back up that claim. That is not a good look. For me it's far worse than snorting a line of coke although I haven't tried either.
Curran is a man, they alledged victim is a kid. Unless Curran was attacked, I think he will be in a fair bit of trouble and rightly so.

Reactions: eudebrito
W.A warrior

W.A warrior

I don't know what happened. I haven't heard that Curran suffered any injuries or that he was defending himself.
It's reported he has punched a 16 year old and he has missing teeth to back up that claim. That is not a good look. For me it's far worse than snorting a line of coke although I haven't tried either.
Curran is a man, they alledged victim is a kid. Unless Curran was attacked, I think he will be in a fair bit of trouble and rightly so.

Being a 16 year old kid shouldn’t even be in the equation. Being in a nightclub obviously people believe you are 18.
Now assault on anyone is a different story and if he smacked the bloke for no good reason he should be punished.

Since95

Since95

Being a 16 year old kid shouldn’t even be in the equation. Being in a nightclub obviously people believe you are 18.
Now assault on anyone is a different story and if he smacked the bloke for no good reason he should be punished.
Yeah definitely fair statement.

The warriors fan in me wants there to be an out.

But I guess time to face reality we won't see Curran in a wahs Jersey ever again.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Assumed age doesn’t come into question in say a stat rape case under similar circumstances, can’t see it being any form of defence here either.
Obviously we don’t know the whole story but I wonder if a hypothetical attempted extortion from the 16yo would have any mitigation?

Reactions: dean
Blain

Blain

Yeah definitely fair statement.

The warriors fan in me wants there to be an out.

But I guess time to face reality we won't see Curran in a wahs Jersey ever again.

He's training with the team at the moment. Will he be punished? Absolutely. I don't think he'll be losing his Warriors contract unless the NRL forces it by barring him from the comp. His charges are in court shortly, he wouldn't be in NZ if his charges were serious enough.

I'm expecting a big fine and suspension. Warriors aren't in a good enough position to boot him (you know if we did, he'd be signed by another club instantly anyway).

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

I'm hoping the Radley incident happening in the same off season will work in Curran's favour.

Obviously the full set of circumstances aren't yet out for both, but if there are enough similarities then both players will need to face similar suspensions.

And with Radley being under Uncle Nick's protection, he could get a suspension at the lighter end of the scale and maybe Curran will benefit from that.

Since95

Since95

I'm hoping the Radley incident happening in the same off season will work in Curran's favour.

Obviously the full set of circumstances aren't yet out for both, but if there are enough similarities then both players will need to face similar suspensions.

And with Radley being under Uncle Nick's protection, he could get a suspension at the lighter end of the scale and maybe Curran will benefit from that.
This is the best news I have heard in relation to the Curran situation

Reactions: Billyspleen75