General Jonathan Smith

Nobody is reading this thread right now.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith 2000 1
A junior from the Mangere East Hawks, Smith was a Junior Kiwi in 1998. He was then signed by the Auckland Warriors in 2000. While at the Warriors he played in the Queensland Cup for Wynnum Manly Seagulls and Brisbane Souths due to a feeder agreement between the clubs and also played for the Otahuhu Leopards in the Bartercard Cup. He went on to make seven first grade appearances for the club between 2000 and 2001. Confusingly there was also a Jonathon Smith at the club at the same time, although he did not make any first grade appearances. He came off contract at the end of the 2001 season and was not offered a new deal.
  • 1998 New Zealand Māori
  • 2000–2001 Auckland Warriors
  • 2002 Wigan Warriors

Reactions: Cces
Originally posted in the Where Are They Now 2015 thread...

I actually met him by chance at the Auckland 9s last year. Happened to see that he was wearing a player issue 1998 Warriors jersey. I approached him and his mates and asked him about it. He tried to bluff me and say he got it done himself and I told him that only the player jerseys had the blue square on the back so the number stood out more (I know. Im a jersey whoring nerd!). He was surprised that I called him out and asked how I knew. I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture of my collection. He then literally took the shirt off his back and gave it to me. Such an awesome moment.

His mates would later tell me he actually played for the Warriors. A claim he would deny.

I would later find out through research that the jersey he gave me was rare as it was only used during the 1998 trial games. Come Round 1 the Warriors would sport new sleeve sponsor BarterCard. That also explained why the jersey didnt have an NRL badge.

Of all the players on this thread he is the one I would most like to catch up with as I owe him a few beers. Youre the man Jon...

1998 RG Jonathan Smith match worn front.JPG

1998 RG Jonathan Smith match worn rear.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Cces
84. JONATHAN SMITH
Last update

As with our 2015 update Jonathan Smith is a ghost. Name is far too common and it doesnt appear as if he's on Facebook at all.

If anyone can help with this update please let us know...