Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Just sniffing around the internet to get a rough idea and some examples of props reportedly around that 500-600k mark are molo, hess, liu, leniu, rudolph and twal.
So u would think hes there or thereabouts...
Still reckon the tigers are a good place to be looking, Twal on that money with Klemmer on $850k a season reportedly. Utoikamanu is on a pittance to what the others are and Luai going over next season. All their others are locked up 2025 or beyond except Utoikamanu’s option for 2025.

Reality is that when we signed him he was not the best prop in the comp and to be honest I don't think any other team wanted him. Good coaching and systems made him great. Lets see how he does at the sharks before we get too carried away.
He wasn’t the best prop in the game but he was top 5.

He’s been our best player since he arrived, playing under Brown as well and I can’t say he was well coached or in a good system under him.

It’s only been 1 year under Webby, I can almost guarantee he will continue to be neck and neck with Haas for the next few years. Fitzgibbon will use him well.

He wasn’t the best prop in the game but he was top 5.

He’s been our best player since he arrived, playing under Brown as well and I can’t say he was well coached or in a good system under him.

It’s only been 1 year under Webby, I can almost guarantee he will continue to be neck and neck with Haas for the next few years. Fitzgibbon will use him well.
Sharks would have to be shit for him to fail, Hynes with the option of AFB one side or Nikora the other should be lethal. That’s the conundrum though, he’s had DCE and SJ in his best seasons and I’m personally not sold on Hynes.

Sharks would have to be shit for him to fail, Hynes with the option of AFB one side or Nikora the other should be lethal. That’s the conundrum though, he’s had DCE and SJ in his best seasons and I’m personally not sold on Hynes.
That’s the cherry on the top for me, Middles running off the halves.
He scored some great tries off SJ but that’s not his main priority.
Bread and Butter prop game is to run hard late footwork at the line and defend.
He is only second to Haas in the category imo and the Sharks are going to go to a new level with him there.
It burns my soul even saying it.

That’s the cherry on the top for me, Middles running off the halves.
He scored some great tries off SJ but that’s not his main priority.
Bread and Butter prop game is to run hard late footwork at the line and defend.
He is only second to Haas in the category imo and the Sharks are going to go to a new level with him there.
It burns my soul even saying it.
That’s why I see BHU as a good option, he has that cherry on top when used properly, as mentioned I’m not sold on Hynes but BHU had a couple of good try scoring seasons, likely with Townsend and SJ there at sharks? I think SJ could bring that to BHU’s game again, don’t think it’s any coincidence that SJ is apart of both props try scoring feats.

Reality is that when we signed him he was not the best prop in the comp and to be honest I don't think any other team wanted him. Good coaching and systems made him great. Lets see how he does at the sharks before we get too carried away.
His stats and salary before coming to Warriors paint a different picture. Unless of course you’re stuck on him actually being the number one. In which case personally I’d still have him below Haas.

Ugh....I'm actually starting to miss the "mAyBE We gET HaaS or JfH" talk.
1704424544793.gif

No, he's not. 5 more backrowers or GTFO.
Wrighty will get his popcorn for your flames but I reckon Utoikamanu and BHU is a win for us. BHU for his potential of a try scoring threat close to the line as AFB is, and Utoikamanu for where he’s at as an origin prop with his best years ahead of him. Could be that big body for us for years to come with Zyon Maiu’u looking to be our closest young prop ready, though I’d be keen to know what Sifakula’s weight and height is now.

AFB was tearing it up for Manly and when we signed him I couldn’t believe our luck.
Much the same as the Wade McKinnon signing. He was lethal for the Eels and not on big coin and they thought they had a better full back in Luke Burt so let Wade go.

We still have him for 2024 and IMO we have strengthened our roster with RTS and Capewell. We have freed up cap space by releasing players who IMO again we will not miss.
And we have a bunch of up and coming forwards who are being perfectly primed by Webby.

I know lots of posters have theories about when players “should peak” in their respective positions and are guarded about introducing our young guys.
But it’s simple for me.
If they are good enough, play them.
Especially in this system that Jesus Webster has created.

If we are to sign a prop to 'replace' AFB, then it needs to be a prop who averages well over 100m per game. Unfortunately not many of those around these days. David Klemmer is the closest I can think of. His form has dropped the last few years but still can pump out over 100m.