Sports Black Caps

It is mental in this professional era to think of Goldie playing cricket for NZ in summer and lacing up for the All Blacks in winter. It will never happen again.
There's no way any of the Big Bash teams would get the best league player in the comp to play a couple of innings at number 11 either and bowl an over or two like NSW did with Andrew Johns in the early days of T20.

There's no way any of the Big Bash teams would get the best league player in the comp to play a couple of innings at number 11 either and bowl an over or two like NSW did with Andrew Johns in the early days of T20.

The origins of T20 was a fun novelty that was not to be taken seriously. Afro's, beerguts, imitating each others bowling actions. It is such a shame it has turned into such a cash cow.

It is a weird situation where a sport is catering to a customer base that may not have such an interest in cricket over those that are lovers of the game. I didn't think it would be as sustainable as it seems to have been.

8 games of t20i in a row now with Pakistan here for T20 cricket only.

The origins of T20 was a fun novelty that was not to be taken seriously. Afro's, beerguts, imitating each others bowling actions. It is such a shame it has turned into such a cash cow.

It is a weird situation where a sport is catering to a customer base that may not have such an interest in cricket over those that are lovers of the game. I didn't think it would be as sustainable as it seems to have been.

8 games of t20i in a row now with Pakistan here for T20 cricket only.
I've always enjoyed going to a live T20I game as its non stop action in a nice compact timeframe, whereas the ODIs I've been to have been to I was absoultely knackered by the end of them. Always felt like such a long day. That's where the appeal lies with T20, especially for families. At the same time its so forgettable. Whereas certain moments from test series are always memorable. I'll watch most T20I games on TV when I can, but it pales in comparison to day 1 of a test.

The SA20 is so intertwined with the IPL that every franchise is owned by a corresponding IPL franchise. There are so many fans over there upset at what's transpired with the series being part of the world test championship.

Damn gone are the days home teams would just prepare green seamers against India.

Their seamers are class these days and now that they can play on all pitches India are the real deal.

Sad to see how far South Africa has fallen.

Back