Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Was it David Long dropping bombs about BHU before? He did hint Volkman leaving repeatedly so I wouldn’t be surprised to get BHU next year, Rudolf probably the second guy to make the deal happen, we won’t let AFB go for BHU only. Volkman freed up some more space too. Cameron George said no swap, therefore it means we’ve swapped something 🤣

As for Rudolph resigning in November…Sharks didn’t know AFB would be coming their way at the time?

Impact prop would be fine
Marata
Egan
BHU
Capewah
Ford
Tohu
Bench - CHT, Walker, Barnett, Rudolf
Jazz, Bunty and a bunch of future star juniors to share the minutes to get the best team to peak for playoffs

Manage the Sharkie props’ minutes to avoid injuries, heck they might have career best form under Webby lol

And yes Mrs AFB selling her cakes in Sydney is still a better option for me than risking AFB convincing other Aussies to leave via compassion reasons and Mrs AFB leading a wives revolt

IMG_2392.jpeg

Was it David Long dropping bombs about BHU before? He did hint Volkman leaving repeatedly so I wouldn’t be surprised to get BHU next year, Rudolf probably the second guy to make the deal happen, we won’t let AFB go for BHU only. Volkman freed up some more space too. Cameron George said no swap, therefore it means we’ve swapped something 🤣

As for Rudolph resigning in November…Sharks didn’t know AFB would be coming their way at the time?

Impact prop would be fine
Marata
Egan
BHU
Capewah
Ford
Tohu
Bench - CHT, Walker, Barnett, Rudolf
Jazz, Bunty and a bunch of future star juniors to share the minutes to get the best team to peak for playoffs

Manage the Sharkie props’ minutes to avoid injuries, heck they might have career best form under Webby lol

And yes Mrs AFB selling her cakes in Sydney is still a better option for me than risking AFB convincing other Aussies to leave via compassion reasons and Mrs AFB leading a wives revolt

View attachment 4814
If we got BHU early for next year as well as AFB staying, we’d have the best pack in the comp I reckon. I can’t see why the sharks would let him go without acquiring AFB though. There could also be a chance that Rudolf wants to stay in Sydney and goes to another Sydney club which frees up another player? Was interesting a post on the bulldogs forum who apparently knows someone at souths and apparently AFB desperately wanted to go there but they couldn’t come up with that coin. If that’s the case and he chose the sharks who could pay him what he’s after, he obviously is after a title in the back end of his career and the money which is understandable. Hopefully he’s apart of our push for our first title next year.

Here is a realistic target for 2024

Eddie Blackler currently unsigned for 2024 - he is 196 cms and 116kgs
Plays prop as you are all aware.
Just gives us a bit more depth at prop. Ran for 106 metres on average in the NSW cup for Penrith
We could easily acquire him for the Volkman dosh and we need more depth at prop. Make it happen McFadden LOL,

The other name that caught my eye as available for next year is Joe Vuna - however he only ran for 88 metres on average in the queensland cup with a tackle efficielncy of 89% - which is good but probably not much better than some of our NSW cup guys.

Here is a realistic target for 2024

Eddie Blackler currently unsigned for 2024 - he is 196 cms and 116kgs
Plays prop as you are all aware.
Just gives us a bit more depth at prop. Ran for 106 metres on average in the NSW cup for Penrith
We could easily acquire him for the Volkman dosh and we need more depth at prop. Make it happen McFadden LOL,

The other name that caught my eye as available for next year is Joe Vuna - however he only ran for 88 metres on average in the queensland cup with a tackle efficielncy of 89% - which is good but probably not much better than some of our NSW cup guys.

Now that Luai to the tigers is confirmed it will be interesting to see other dominos fall in the market.
Seems strange the panthers don’t have the money to hold onto Garner, Luai leaving next year would free up some cap. They must have something in mind? They’ve got Daine Laurie and Brad Schneider heading there that could be used in the halves. Bet Cogger would have stayed if he knew this was coming.

Good call.
I’m hoping we get BHU and he’s injury free. I’ve come to the conclusion he’s probably the best replacement for AFB. Prior to this year AFB’s highest try scoring season was 5 tries, BHU has seasons where he’s scored 6 and 4 tries respectively. I think with SJ laying it on like he did for AFB this season, that BHU would be as hard to stop close to the line.

I’m hoping we get BHU and he’s injury free. I’ve come to the conclusion he’s probably the best replacement for AFB. Prior to this year AFB’s highest try scoring season was 5 tries, BHU has seasons where he’s scored 6 and 4 tries respectively. I think with SJ laying it on like he did for AFB this season, that BHU would be as hard to stop close to the line.
I think BHU is not mobile or enduring enough to replace AFB. He'd be a great impact prop. But you'd get the same from a BMM imo.
You'd need a Tapine to replace AFB. Very similar player but tapines probably a bit lighter and agile.

I think BHU is not mobile or enduring enough to replace AFB. He'd be a great impact prop. But you'd get the same from a BMM imo.
You'd need a Tapine to replace AFB. Very similar player but tapines probably a bit lighter and agile.
A prop with a motor. Can play 60 easy.
A prop who is a genuine tacklebust or linebreak threat.
Fast ptb.
Has a decent offload.
A prop with footwork who can step into space.
A good decoy. Can play a bit wider.
Has a pass but doesn't have to be Tohu Harris level.
Knows how to score a try.

A prop with a motor. Can play 60 easy.
A prop who is a genuine tacklebust or linebreak threat.
Fast ptb.
Has a decent offload.
A prop with footwork who can step into space.
A good decoy. Can play a bit wider.
Has a pass but doesn't have to be Tohu Harris level.
Knows how to score a try.
You’re really limiting the field there- there would only be half a dozen guys in the comp who tick all those boxes and afb is one of them.

Back