Social Movies

I really didn't like Dune so am struggling to understand what people liked about it and why Dune2 will be better.

Ghostbusters could be good if done right. I enjoyed Afterlife in a sort of nostalgic way. Had just the right mix if new and old IMO
Yeah agree with Dune I saw it at the movies and was pretty bored, it just seemed to spend its time setting itself up for a future movies. On second viewing knowing that I enjoyed it moreso.
Felt afterlife seemed much more connected to the other 2 movies than the other sequel we try to forget exists ;) hopefully the new one continues that, it sorta reminds me of the Jurassic world trilogy in its approach

Watched Napoleon last night. It was ok but not worth the money to see it at the cinema
Damn thought Ridley Scott/Joaquin Phoenix combo would have made a decent movie. Will likely pick it up when it hits streaming.
Watched a couple of panned movies over the weekend expecting them to be awful but actually was pleasantly surprised in Rebel Moon and Aquaman 2- not world changing by any means but fine for a couple of hours of entertainment

I really didn't like Dune so am struggling to understand what people liked about it and why Dune2 will be better.

Ghostbusters could be good if done right. I enjoyed Afterlife in a sort of nostalgic way. Had just the right mix if new and old IMO
It might have been that I watched it on streaming over a few nights and the smaller viewing parts I got maintained interest in it. Mind you I did fall asleep one night and my wife had to wake me up.

I quite liked the world building of it. It may have also been that I've gotten into a lot of the Star Wars Extended Universe but have been worn out by all of the Disney content so I've been wanting a new sci fi franchise to get into.

Will be interested to see what they do with Beetlejuice 2, big fan of Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton.
It will be interesting to see how motivated Burton and Keaton are for this. I've always been interested when an actor goes back to an old character. Do they get back into that character or do they play their generic action hero character for example.

I've been thinking about this since Die Hard 4 as it felt like Bruce Willis was just playing a generic action hero. Sure the character need to change a bit if it is 10-20 years later but there is still certain character traits you would expect.

It also goes for the writers if they didn't write the previous moives. Do they get the character.

Beetle Juice 2 you also have the director. Will he create a similar looking movie that looks connected to the previous one. Or with a higher budget and modern effects will it look completely different.

Has anyone watched that new movie on Netflix - Leave the World Behind?

Would love to know everyone's thoughts. I enjoy a disaster/distopian film and the ending was interesting. I'm trying not to give any spoilers away haha
Pretty disappointed, wooden acting, preachy dialogue, boring as fuck pacing, ridiculous sub-plots and a stupid ending. Nothing new in it and I gained nothing from watching it. Apart from that, not bad.

Yeah, some real cringey and cliche moments but yah, let’s go girl power yet again..

Screenshot_20231229-171855_X.jpg

You could just watch any of the hundreds of movies/shows with male leads instead?

Watched a netflix movie called Dangerous game-the legacy murders and enjoyed it. Bit cheesy but a good who done it, Jon Voight plays the part well in a Ray Donavon type role for him.

View attachment 4821

You could just watch any of the hundreds of movies/shows with male leads instead?

I'd just watch Star Wars.

Oh wait....

But in all seriousness, the best female lead flicks I have watched were

La Femme Nikita -
Gravity - Sandra Bullock was unbelievably good
Lucy - Scarlett Johansson
Ghost in a Shell - Scarlett Johansson - absolute badass in this
Mad Max - Fury Road - Charlize Theron
Kill Bill - Uma Thurman

Uma, Scarlett and Charlize absolute badass women worthy of lead action roles. Everyone, make my dinner. LOL!

I'd just watch Star Wars.

Oh wait....

But in all seriousness, the best female lead flicks I have watched were

La Femme Nikita -
Gravity - Sandra Bullock was unbelievably good
Lucy - Scarlett Johansson
Ghost in a Shell - Scarlett Johansson - absolute badass in this
Mad Max - Fury Road - Charlize Theron
Kill Bill - Uma Thurman

Uma, Scarlett and Charlize absolute badass women worthy of lead action roles. Everyone, make my dinner. LOL!
A woman's work is never done.
"Why don't they try doing some then?" -Beastmode

Back