Team List Jnrs Vs Jnr Raiders Finals Week 1

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
Dumb shit plays at the end of the game is all that really needs to be said. They did all the hard work to get back in the game and then blew it big time. Someone has already said it but Jordan Meads would have at least set up for a field goal at the end. I'm not his biggest fan but when it comes down to it he's a lot smarter footballer than the 13 that were on the field at the end yesterday.

Fusitua should be dropped for just letting their try scorer at the end wander closer to the posts. That sort of play sums up a player for me and he has a lot of work to do before anyone will forget it. Milford may well have slotted the kick regardless but that sort of play is unforgivable.

Reactions: Est95

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
For real?

That surprises me. He has experience in big games that Hiku doesn't. Surely, regardless of the fact he has signed for Japanese Rugby, Ackland would use the best players at his disposal to progress through the finals.

It has nothing to do with him signing to play in Japan. It has to do with the fact the Omar hasn't been playing well and Hiku has been playing good.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
In 20's footy I expect there to be alot of adlib footy considering their youthful exuberance, you'd expect big score lines and hardly any defensive pattern or cohesion. Pretty much sums up the nature of 20's footy that's why some players struggle when they reach NRL and some make it.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
It has nothing to do with him signing to play in Japan. It has to do with the fact the Omar hasn't been playing well and Hiku has been playing good.
Yeah, I get that, but Hiku would have been playing anyway, and Omar has big game experience that can't be undervalued in finals football. We also would have coped better when Carlos went off if Omar had been at FB.

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
Great Attack. Rubbish Defence

Both Hookers are mean !! Bishop and Havili were awesome. First grade hmmmmmm, better than Mara

Smash the Roosters saturday and lets meet Canberra in the grand final and hammer them !!!

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2012
North Shore
Great Attack. Rubbish Defence

Both Hookers are mean !! Bishop and Havili were awesome. First grade hmmmmmm, better than Mara

Smash the Roosters saturday and lets meet Canberra in the grand final and hammer them !!!
agreed about Bishop and Havili!

They look v promising

lolcaeks

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Really interesting point came up during the game on the weekend

one of the commentators I think it was Brett Kimmorley was talking about how the Jnr Warriors play with no structure and rely a lot on their support players etc

I was thinking maybe thats one of the issues we had with say Hurrell, Henry and Taylor who came directly from that style of play

All of a sudden the game plan is totally different in first grade because we are trying to play structured footy and the support for the ball carrier isnt as good as what they are use to

Obviously its up to them to get better, but surely we need to be consistent with our style throughout the grades so that our players can make the transition

BHP

U20's Player
May 9, 2012

They look v promising

They just need to learn how to pass out of hooker first, they had some terrible passes,but they are very good dummy half runners. Mara still a better overall hooker; when he was in the under 20s he was playing similar to havili and bishop except for the tackle breaking he was still making huge meters from dummy half.

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012

They look v promising

Bishop is not a hooker - he is just the same as Lewis Brown. A dummy half runner
He is too muscley/bulky for a future in the 9 jersey.
He does have some skills though granted , not enough to be an nrl hooker - he wont learn any playing the style of footy the 20s play

Havili has the potential to go all the way as a hooker.
But still relies on his bulk rather than developing his skills

We keep giving them all the wraps but we were they when we need to control the game???

Reactions: Spence

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
Really interesting point came up during the game on the weekend

one of the commentators I think it was Brett Kimmorley was talking about how the Jnr Warriors play with no structure and rely a lot on their support players etc

I was thinking maybe thats one of the issues we had with say Hurrell, Henry and Taylor who came directly from that style of play

All of a sudden the game plan is totally different in first grade because we are trying to play structured footy and the support for the ball carrier isnt as good as what they are use to

Obviously its up to them to get better, but surely we need to be consistent with our style throughout the grades so that our players can make the transition

Simply the 20s need to play REAL football, not this crash, bash, offload.
It is unrealistic football.

However the Warriors need to control the Under 20s, selections and give advice to the coach.
they cant let the 20s coach dictate anything - he wants to win at all costs.

And ackland has a history of playing that style of footy - he loves athletes first and foremost. Not footballers.
They need to restrict the dumb football being played at times.
That comes from video sessions and coaching/mgmt staff that keep the boys HONEST & HUMBLE.
To things they are not held too in the 20s.

Its aint about the support play, or lack of.
The defense in NRL is 1000% times better.

They cant rely on their ability in NRL

Reactions: Viking and lolcaeks

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
Dumb shit plays at the end of the game is all that really needs to be said. They did all the hard work to get back in the game and then blew it big time. Someone has already said it but Jordan Meads would have at least set up for a field goal at the end. I'm not his biggest fan but when it comes down to it he's a lot smarter footballer than the 13 that were on the field at the end yesterday.

Fusitua should be dropped for just letting their try scorer at the end wander closer to the posts. That sort of play sums up a player for me and he has a lot of work to do before anyone will forget it. Milford may well have slotted the kick regardless but that sort of play is unforgivable.

If fusitua deserve to be dropped - Laumape should be first lol.
Somebody from warriors knocks down the ball.

Instead of killing the ball and play and taking up at least 20 outt of the last 30 secs with a scrum. HE STANDS OFF THE BALL.
Raiders would have had no chance of taking the shot at goal.

First and foremost know the rules of the game.
We dont require all 17 to be geniuses but clearly they need to increase their rugby league IQ in the juniors.

lol maybe somebody should design a scratchy test similar to learners liscense that you need to pass before play nyc.
Because I bet a number of the warriors boys would fail.

Reactions: Hitman82 and BHP

lolcaeks

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
lol maybe somebody should design a scratchy test similar to learners liscense that you need to pass before play nyc.

LOL

when the raiders were leading up to the drop goal you could tell what they where going to do

when the pass went towards the half I was like

surely someone will chase hard and put pressure on

he ended up having enough time to pull his socks up and then take the kick

no urgency

Xfactor

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Sydney
If fusitua deserve to be dropped - Laumape should be first lol.
Somebody from warriors knocks down the ball.

Instead of killing the ball and play and taking up at least 20 outt of the last 30 secs with a scrum. HE STANDS OFF THE BALL.
Raiders would have had no chance of taking the shot at goal.

First and foremost know the rules of the game.
We dont require all 17 to be geniuses but clearly they need to increase their rugby league IQ in the juniors.

I remember reading your posts about these issues throughout the year s.sa. As the year rolled on I began to see it more & more, and your words kept coming to mind.
To sum it up briefly and bluntly: Lots of brawn....Little brains....and when this 'brawn' meets a 1st grade defensive line....it is useless.
Somebody recently posted that as long as the Warriors think they need Aussies in the team, they will never be successful.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I couldn't disagree more! I don't want a team of Aussies, just a carefully selected few who can add other dimensions to the style of play ingrained throughout this club. And a coaching team that can put all cultural and political sensitivities aside, and teach this club how to win!
Imagine how potent this club would be if the masses of brawn we have could be made much fitter & much smarter.

Reactions: Sparky

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings