01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
Some late poor decisions by us.
We should have gone for a field goal
We let the winger bring the ball round to make the conversion easier.
And when Laumape knocked the ball down he should have dived on it and we would have had to go to the scrum and time woulkd have been watd

BHP

U20's Player
May 9, 2012
Some late poor decisions by us.
We should have gone for a field goal
We let the winger bring the ball round to make the conversion easier.
And when Laumape knocked the ball down he should have dived on it and we would have had to go to the scrum and time woulkd have been watd

Yeah I was screaming at the tv for laumape to dive on it, But great game in the end, at least it gives the team a chance to work on the mistakes. On a side note I thought David Bhana had won it for us when he made that try saving tackle and striped the ball from the winger.

Xt1ncT

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 29, 2012
North Shore
Damn.

We had it in the bag at 78 mins then had a few brain explosions - as for the winger not stopping them coming round for the kick.....speechless!!

Xfactor

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Sydney
don't want to be negative but even other teams juniors look better coached than us. we have the size and skill but lack the smarts and execution. until we start relying on playing with some structure and playing smart in the lower grades i don't think pushing the players through into first grade is going to give us much success. i wouldn't mind a head coach who instills the same structure and type of play through out the grades.
on a side note that trent bishop looks like a reasoonable player to me.
My thoughts exactly!
While I was watching the game, I thought to myself....."so this is where it starts"
Failure to maintain the intensity for 80 whole minutes.
Failure to fight like you're losing, even though you're winning.
No evident pressure on Canberras kickers, especially for the game winning field goal...WTF?
O.K so it wasn't a do or die game, and they may well go on to win another title, but it's painfully clear that much work needs to be done across ALL grades.

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Tough game guys, typical kids footy, score anytime anywhere given half the chance but have trouble grinding out the win in Defense.

Why did't they drop goal on that last set so close.

Hey what a game to see the prop switch to the wing and cause havoc for the opposition, :D

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I never heard, why was Omar not playing?

I guess they missed a chance when they let Meads go. He would have been all over a drop goal in the dying minutes. He did it on the biggest stage, he could have done it today.

Reactions: Defence

22 BEAST

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 25, 2012
Gutted but still confident. There was enough there today to suggest the 3peat is on the cards. Raiders were lucky it was a home game.

Westiefan

U20's Player
May 26, 2012
For real?

That surprises me. He has experience in big games that Hiku doesn't. Surely, regardless of the fact he has signed for Japanese Rugby, Ackland would use the best players at his disposal to progress through the finals.

I totally agree but according to McIvor, Barnett and Co he was dropped. Something about Omar not playing very well and leaving for Japan. Barnett reckoned it was a good thing to go for a player that will be here next year?! Hiku struggled today I thought.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Unlucky juniors those one point losses are gut wrenching and morale draining. Impressive for showing some real guts and pride to fight your way back into the game and never giving up! Hope the seniors took note of your great effort, tremendous spirit. Still in the finals with a chance but it just gets harder now, go for it keep your heads up your destiny's in your own hands make us proud boys.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
I totally agree but according to McIvor, Barnett and Co he was dropped. Something about Omar not playing very well and leaving for Japan. Barnett reckoned it was a good thing to go for a player that will be here next year?! Hiku struggled today I thought.

How can Barnett say it would be better if we go for a player that will be here next year?! Hiku won't be here as well as Omar, Hiku has signed for Manly so that's a strange theory from Barnett, unless he doesn't know Hiku has signed elsewhere.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings