Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
is a medical clause normal in a young fella who as far as im aware doesnt have a history of major injuries..... plus its only a one year contract from memory
I wouldn't have thought so in a major professional sport, particularly a high impact one like the NRL.

I mean, in a competition like the premier league football you watch a player getting flown in to the club looking to sign them, he goes through vigorous testing by the clubs medical staff, and then they make a decision based on that.

If there is some clause over and above that for RV, would you be signing it?

He/His management asked for a release. He was banking on getting release out of his 2 year contract with the Warriors to sign on with the Dragons for only a year to prove his worth. He was already taking a big gamble and by all accounts was already looking for a move away from the Warriors and not intending to stay on for the 2 years. Given he was already training with the Dragons and had sought the release himself, IMO it goes into the unlucky basket. I dont believe the Warriors should be held to account for his salary on our books given his release was already signed by both parties.

I wouldn't have thought so in a major professional sport, particularly a high impact one like the NRL.

I mean, in a competition like the premier league football you watch a player getting flown in to the club looking to sign them, he goes through vigorous testing by the clubs medical staff, and then they make a decision based on that.

If there is some clause over and above that for RV, would you be signing it?
i guess never assume anything in the NRL cause the NRL or NRL clubs always seem tobe amateur hour.

like EPL I know in the MLB, teams sign players and there is always a "pending a medical" attached. there has been a few higher profile players go cold and back out of a contract after a medical. it happened with former trashtros playe carlos correa where i think two teams signed him and both passed on him before he signed with the twins

i have to be careful how i word this cause i am absolutely not accusing any party involved of any wrong doing (dragons, warriors or RV) but i assume the end of the year all players go through medical assessments as well as right before preseason training. so what happened to him inbetween in? or is this a matter of opinion where the warriors gave him the option of training through it and the dragons think he cant play?

The way it was worded it was an existing issue. Or its at least worded to imply that. Are they using that as a means to say it didn't happen with us so its not our responsibility?
And if that is correct does it mean the Wahs are technically responsible for it?

Its been a minute since I visited the forum! Work, holidays, baby sitting my own kids etc etc.. But... hear me out we cop a half/utility, a centre/wing utility and a gun prop/ second row utility if we can pull this off.

Free cap space by sending off a few stalwarts.

Even if it turns out he is returned to us due to the contract details or whatever. We would have to pay him but surely he can be exempt from our top 30.

Back